Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Tuesday, August 12th, 2008, 07:33 PM

Weimaraner is on a distinguished road
Default Car rental - what do you do if flying in at night?

OK - silly question. Since our usual morning charter flight is cancelled due to high gas costs, we're flying in at 8:30 p.m. on a Sunday. Do any car rentals offer service that late and on a Sunday? We usually use Econo and pick up our car at the airport. Your answers are imperative because the money you save me on a Sunday cab ride could be used on more important things...such as cocktails at the pool bar. TIA
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, August 12th, 2008, 09:05 PM

arubabob is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Car rental - what do you do if flying in at night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weimaraner View Post
OK - silly question. Since our usual morning charter flight is cancelled due to high gas costs, we're flying in at 8:30 p.m. on a Sunday. Do any car rentals offer service that late and on a Sunday? We usually use Econo and pick up our car at the airport. Your answers are imperative because the money you save me on a Sunday cab ride could be used on more important things...such as cocktails at the pool bar. TIA
We flew in at 10:15pm last november. Flight was supposed to arrive at 08:45. Econo rep was still waiting for us. It was NOT a Sunday however. I would check with them by email to see. I know on our second trip(1995) to Aruba we used Econo for the first time and our flight arrived at 08:30pm(on time) and Econo had told us that their office closed at 7:00pm but they would put a sign on our car with our name on it and leave the keys under the front left tire and we could come in the next day at their office at the low rises and sign the papers. Sure enough, the car and the keys were there when we got there. We have used them every year since except 1.
Old Tuesday, August 12th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Almost Aruban

Liz from N.J. is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Car rental - what do you do if flying in at night?

I use Econo. I had to exchange cars with them in April as I had an accident (not my fault). The lady at the airport said she was working till 10:30 pm as she was waiting for someones flight to come in. She drove up to meet me at La Quinta (their other office) to give me the new car keys then drove back to the airport. They are very accommodating. I would email them. econoaruba@econoaruba.com
Old Thursday, August 21st, 2008, 10:49 AM

arubanut is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Car rental - what do you do if flying in at night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz from N.J. View Post
I use Econo...They are very accommodating. I would email them. econoaruba@econoaruba.com
I agree,been using them many years now.

Econo Car Rental Aruba - your best value in Car Rentals in Aruba!
Old Thursday, August 21st, 2008, 07:45 PM
Aruba Expert

Kent is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: Car rental - what do you do if flying in at night?

When you book a car, they always take your flight info. If your plane is late, they check with the airport and they know whats going on. Once it was 10:30 pm which we were 1 hour late and the rental company wasn't there. I took a cab to the Marriott. The next morning, they brought my car to the Marriott and gave me my taxi money back.

29th trip Nov 4th for 5 months!!
Snorkeling at Mangel Halto, day or night, using "bladefish water scooters", reasonable pricing, all equip provided and transport from your resort. Also free pics and a cd with over 200 Aruba pics.Email Kent Gerber at kentgerber@adamswells.com or Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call local: 745-7459 or visit:
www.arubabobsnorkeling.com