Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Wednesday, October 25th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Aruba Expert

Weed is on a distinguished road
Default Cheap seats on American today for next May

Just checked travelocity for flights to Aruba for next May (I've been checking every week or so, especially looking for frequent flier seats). Found a $358 fare on American from DCA or Dulles in May INCLUDING TAXES! That's booking directly with aa.com after checking alternatives at travelocity. For that price, it's worth paying and not spending 30K FF miles (double that if "saver" seats aren't available).
Old Thursday, October 26th, 2006, 11:53 AM

idahochick is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cheap seats on American today for next May

Holy cow that's awesome. Great find!! I wish we could go. I'm still working on convincing my husband we need to go back to Aruba next October. We'll be living in Washington state, just south of Seattle by then. Takes a little more to get to Aruba from the west coast than it does from Dulles, or BWI.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, October 26th, 2006, 02:59 PM

carlysgram is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: Cheap seats on American today for next May

I originally booked our 1/07 trip back in March using AAdvantage miles. Then after watching the American Airlines website, I found the fare went way way down. I called and asked if I could switch and get back my miles and pay for the tix. They said I could and it was pretty much a $0. transaction. At that time the fare was appx. $785 for the 2 of us from JFK. Then the fare went down $120.00 - I called and got a credit to my credit car. Just recently I checked again and the fare went down another $40.00. I called again and got another credit to my card. My hubby & I are now paying $625. Can't believe we are now paying less for 2 than what we used to pay for 1 when we first started to go to Aruba 12 years ago. This year will be our 12th January in a row. Can't wait.
Old Thursday, October 26th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Aruba Expert

Carol is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahochick
I wish we could go. I'm still working on convincing my husband we need to go back to Aruba next October. We'll be living in Washington state, just south of Seattle by then. Takes a little more to get to Aruba from the west coast than it does from Dulles, or BWI.
Well, you'll just have to stay 2 weeks to compensate for the longer travel time!

Old Sunday, October 29th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Aruba Expert

DiviAruba is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlysgram View Post
I originally booked our 1/07 trip back in March using AAdvantage miles. Then after watching the American Airlines website, I found the fare went way way down. I called and asked if I could switch and get back my miles and pay for the tix. They said I could and it was pretty much a $0. transaction. At that time the fare was appx. $785 for the 2 of us from JFK. Then the fare went down $120.00 - I called and got a credit to my credit car. Just recently I checked again and the fare went down another $40.00. I called again and got another credit to my card. My hubby & I are now paying $625. Can't believe we are now paying less for 2 than what we used to pay for 1 when we first started to go to Aruba 12 years ago. This year will be our 12th January in a row. Can't wait.
That is dirt cheap. Are you going mid-week?