Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Thursday, March 5th, 2009, 10:19 AM

MaryE is on a distinguished road
Default Divi Village

Can anyone give me their opinion on which building to request at Divi Golf & Beach Resort - we will be in the older section (Divi Village) in a 2 bedroom. Would love ocean view but not even sure if there are any?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, March 5th, 2009, 11:03 AM

john is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Divi Village

i think the only 2 br are in the c or 3 building. we have friends who have a 2 br there and they have a great view of the front pool and the ocean. it's also the only building with an elevator.
Old Thursday, March 5th, 2009, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Divi Village

Thanks John - been going back and forth with this one because I thought we were staying in the Golf and Villas and found out recently that we are not and am slightly nervous after reading some of the reviews.
Old Thursday, March 5th, 2009, 01:26 PM

arubabob is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Divi Village

The higher up the better and at the front of the resort. These are nice rooms, dont be nervous. If you can get the view described above you will be extemely satisfied.
Old Thursday, March 5th, 2009, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Divi Village

Thanks Bob - I have to stop reading ALL the negative reports and focus on how much i love Aruba. I appreciate all of the responses to my questions on the Divi and would love any feedback you may have. Not travelling until May but counting the days!
Old Friday, March 6th, 2009, 03:38 PM

arubabob is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Divi Village

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryE View Post
Thanks Bob - I have to stop reading ALL the negative reports and focus on how much i love Aruba. I appreciate all of the responses to my questions on the Divi and would love any feedback you may have. Not travelling until May but counting the days!
I have seen some negative reviews on tripadvisor but also many good reviews. I saw where one lady complained because the water in the swimming pools was COLD and they werent heated. Give me a break. Nobody would heat a pool in Aruba. I marked her down as a huge complainer and nothing would make her happy, because she is not a happy person. Also saw one that said they had rusted locks dirty room etc. I have not seen anything like that at Divi Village but I guess it could be there. Let us know what you observe when you get back. I have not seen anything that would make me not want to stay there. The one valid complaint(that I know of personaly) that I saw had to do with the construction noise. That will not be a problem if you are in the front section.