Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Thursday, January 27th, 2011, 10:41 AM

MPH02 is on a distinguished road
Default Fast Phones Aruba - Fantastic!!!

I have been renting a cell phone from Fastphone Aruba every trip to Aruba for many years. It is a FANTASTIC company. Bottom line, it saves me a FORTUNE from having to use my US cell phone while in Aruba. Calling the states is extreemly expensive on a US cell phone. As is texting.

They deliver the phone to you at your hotel and when you leave it with the front desk when you check out and they'll pick it up. It couldn't be easier!

Charles Croes is the owner and his customer service is top notch. A typical Aruban, extreemly friendly and will go out of his way to help you in many ways. Example, I couldn't figure out how to text a contact in the US from my Aruba cell phone so I called him. Instead of explaining it to me over the phone he says, "I can be to your hotel in 20 minutes, I will come over and show you how to do it" (It was very easy, I was forgetting the + sign)

The rates are very inexpensive. It was $50 for the first week and that came with 84 minutes of talk time already included in the price. Phone and 84 minutes. Great deal! So instead of spending like $2.00 a minute calling the US from my US cell phone I was able to avoid that with the local Aruba cell phone and saved a TON of money.

Great people, great company. I couldn't recommend them any higher. Fast Phone Aruba. Please spread the word, save people money and support a great company.
http://www.fastphonearuba.com/
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, January 27th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Aruba Expert

charlescroes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fast Phones Aruba - Fantastic!!!

Thank you so much for this post. WOW is all I can say.

(Interested in being our PR person?)

Just kidding

be well
charles
Old Thursday, January 27th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road

Charles, I was thinking the same thing about the PR. We finally bought a phone last year, but now kind of wish we hadn't. I'm still not sure what to do when we land in Aruba to get more minutes on it right away. I know I've been told before, but I already forgot. Would be so much easier to just deal with you.

Old Thursday, January 27th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Aruba Expert

JohnJT is on a distinguished road

These posts make me wish that I really had a need for a cell phone in Aruba every September.
If we reach that day, I'll contact FastPhones.
Old Friday, January 28th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Almost Aruban

BigPapa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH02 View Post
I have been renting a cell phone from Fastphone Aruba every trip to Aruba for many years. It is a FANTASTIC company. Bottom line, it saves me a FORTUNE from having to use my US cell phone while in Aruba. Calling the states is extreemly expensive on a US cell phone. As is texting.

They deliver the phone to you at your hotel and when you leave it with the front desk when you check out and they'll pick it up. It couldn't be easier!

Charles Croes is the owner and his customer service is top notch. A typical Aruban, extreemly friendly and will go out of his way to help you in many ways. Example, I couldn't figure out how to text a contact in the US from my Aruba cell phone so I called him. Instead of explaining it to me over the phone he says, "I can be to your hotel in 20 minutes, I will come over and show you how to do it" (It was very easy, I was forgetting the + sign)

The rates are very inexpensive. It was $50 for the first week and that came with 84 minutes of talk time already included in the price. Phone and 84 minutes. Great deal! So instead of spending like $2.00 a minute calling the US from my US cell phone I was able to avoid that with the local Aruba cell phone and saved a TON of money.

Great people, great company. I couldn't recommend them any higher. Fast Phone Aruba. Please spread the word, save people money and support a great company.
http://www.fastphonearuba.com/
I'm not surprised at all...Keep fighting the good fight Charles.

Dan & Sweet Georgene
Old Friday, January 28th, 2011, 08:24 AM

Arubaman is on a distinguished road

Some may ask why would you want a cell phone while on vacation, most may not, but some may need it to keep in contact with business associates, owing my own business I have to have daily contact with co-workers and sub contractors. Fast Phones Aruba does provide the service with great phones, services and affordable call time. DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT.
Old Friday, January 28th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Aruba Expert

Wow guys, this is really nice. Greatly appreciated. Really

You are friends so much before you are customers

be well friends

charles
Old Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011, 09:36 PM

coconut is on a distinguished road

Hey All! Just a quick note about a truly great experience. I just spent a day with Charles Croes, of Aruba fastphones. That should be enough! I went to meet this guy after reading about him here, and looking at his contirbutions, just to get a phone and internet modem. I figured, half an hour and I'm back on the beach, right? Then, I spent the day with him.
We had lunch, visited his sons school, and went to his home. I though he was setting me up to be show and tell at his son's school. Great kid by the way! Testament to a great parent.

Great service and pricing. If you need a phone or modem on Aruba, do not go anywhere else. He also has alot of side information about Aruba.
He is insightful, caring, and is not happy if you are not happy. I hope we meet again before we depart. He is timid about talking up his service on the BB. He feels it is not fair. In fact in one or two posts, he actually posts the links for other providers. They may have phones, but, they don't have Charles. I have made another friend on Aruba. Thank You Charles!
Old Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011, 10:28 PM
Aruba Expert

Hey COCONUT,
We have been friends for a long time - we just never met before today.

Thanks for the kind words. Junior says your a good person. I asked him why and he said because you invited him to your pool. Kids!

Keep me posted on how you like the modem
thanks

be well
charles
Old Saturday, February 12th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Aruba Expert

tico is on a distinguished road

I also have rented from fast phones aruba in the past, words can't say enough about their service and hospitality, although I haven't met Charles in person yet, we have been friends on many of these B&B for years..Keep up the good work Charles
Tico & Miss Judy
Old Saturday, February 12th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Aruba Expert

Tico,
From what I understand, we have been within feet of each other and no one introduced us. This was some years ago at a BB gathering. How is the MISSUS? Give my regards and

be well friend - Be very well
charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tico View Post
I also have rented from fast phones aruba in the past, words can't say enough about their service and hospitality, although I haven't met Charles in person yet, we have been friends on many of these B&B for years..Keep up the good work Charles
Tico & Miss Judy
Old Saturday, February 12th, 2011, 07:45 PM

Shannon's Mom is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Fast Phones Aruba - Fantastic!!!

I do need a phone in Aruba so I can keep in contact with family and business. I rented once from another service, and could not even successfully connect to the U.S.A. When I did, the connection was so poor I could not hear the other person and they could not hear me.

Fast Phones. Charles Croes. I'll remember that when going back to Aruba at the end of June.

I found my good friend "Bully Taxi 79" in this forum. I will take people up on cellular recommendation as well. Thanks!
Old Sunday, February 13th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Aruba Expert

Hi Shannons MOM,
Thank you for your words. I would however like to make an observation. if you were having connectivity issues, it is most probably was related to the carrier and not the company that rented to you.

Mind you !!! I appreciate your future business and will look forward to it, however sometimes the "Big-Guys" (carriers) need to carry their share of the blame.

Regarding BULLY - the best the best the best and a wonderful and thoughtful father and a gentle and fine man. He is the best in a field of many good people.

be well
charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon's Mom View Post
I do need a phone in Aruba so I can keep in contact with family and business. I rented once from another service, and could not even successfully connect to the U.S.A. When I did, the connection was so poor I could not hear the other person and they could not hear me.

Fast Phones. Charles Croes. I'll remember that when going back to Aruba at the end of June.

I found my good friend "Bully Taxi 79" in this forum. I will take people up on cellular recommendation as well. Thanks!
Old Sunday, February 13th, 2011, 11:22 AM

Shannon's Mom is on a distinguished road

Hi Charles,

I understand the challenges of international calling. I have friends who spend a great deal of time on the island, and they've explained to me about Setar sometimes having difficulties.

Any friend of the Lacle family is a friend of ours! We LOVE Bully and his family, truly. I can't put into words the respect and admiration we have for this "gentle giant."

I will be having my little ones' 6th birthday party (and my Mom's 86th) at the Divi Phoenix, and when I asked her what she wanted for her birthday, she said to have Bully and his family at the party.

I'll be in touch with you in early June to arrange the phone rental. Take care!

Lorraine and Shannon
Old Sunday, February 13th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Aruba Expert

tico is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlescroes View Post
Tico,
From what I understand, we have been within feet of each other and no one introduced us. This was some years ago at a BB gathering. How is the MISSUS? Give my regards and

be well friend - Be very well
charles
Charles
I understand that also, but there will be another time. Miss Judy had to undergo more surgery a year ago April, she has not been able to work since but is doing somewhat better. Do to the economy back here in the States and the fact that I was out of work for over ten months we decided to give Aruba a rest for this year, but are planning to come back in Feb 2012 to see all of our friends on the Island...soooo keep that in your date book my friend
Take care
Tico & Miss Judy
Old Saturday, February 26th, 2011, 09:30 AM

coconut is on a distinguished road

More on Charles: While wrestling a 40# Wahoo on a Hand Line, I must have leaned on the wall, of the boat. (Someone else was already in the chair, fighting another Wahoo) The phone Charles provided, was damaged. Apparently, the LCD Screen inside the phone was stressed and leaked. The outside screen was not damaged. The phone was still usable, but texting became difficult. I phoned Charles to let him know. I wanted to buy him a new one. He was more concerned that I can still communicate, and that I enjoy my vacation time. He said do not worry! I will call you by the weekend with a plan. He knows I have visitors until today, and does not want to get in the way. Thoughtful Man. You have to reach out for him, if you need a phone on Aruba. I only wish we could have met sooner. A true Gentleman, and a class act. Also, his writings on Aruba can make for compelling reading. Look for Charles' Stories.
WWW.Fastphonearuba.com