Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old Wednesday, November 21st, 2007, 05:31 PM
ktziff's Avatar
ktziff ktziff is offline
Member
 
Join Date: August 6th, 2004
Location: SARASOTA, FL
Posts: 71
ktziff is on a distinguished road
Default Holloway case....again! See link below

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americ....ap/index.html

All 3 boys have been re-arrested! Perhaps some actual closure for the family will be forthcoming....
  #2  
Old Wednesday, November 21st, 2007, 05:42 PM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

ktziff... ironically, i just wrote to the other moderators to let them know about this news and now it is already on our board. as you know, we have pretty much banned this topic because it was a rehash of speculation but, for now i would like to keep this thread open as long as we deal only with the facts. there is nothing wrong with honest news going on our board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktziff View Post
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americ....ap/index.html

All 3 boys have been re-arrested! Perhaps some actual closure for the family will be forthcoming....
  #3  
Old Wednesday, November 21st, 2007, 05:59 PM
pgsoder pgsoder is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: June 26th, 2004
Posts: 1,530
pgsoder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

All 3 boys are arrested and one papa about to be arrested also, according to T.J. Ward-just heard him on Fox News.
  #4  
Old Wednesday, November 21st, 2007, 06:08 PM
Eagle-Beach Boy's Avatar
Eagle-Beach Boy Eagle-Beach Boy is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: October 7th, 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 565
Eagle-Beach Boy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

I wonder if the article from Amigoe.com had anything to do with it.

November 17, 2007
Mother wanted to hide Natalee Holloway’s rehabilitation past
The recently published book of Beth Twitty.

WILLEMSTAD/ORANJESTAD – Beth Twitty, the mother of Natalee Holloway that disappeared 2.5 years ago in Aruba, has done everything to hide the drug addiction past of her daughter.
Documentary maker Renée Gielen came to this conclusion. As a result of Beth Twitty’s recently published book, Loving Natalee, the true story of Aruban kidnapping and its aftermath’, she threw herself even more empathetically into the case. She bases herself on declarations of Jug Twitty’s search in and around cholhouses in Aruba at that time. By now, Jug Twitty is the ex-husband of Beth. When Jug was asked why he was doing that, he said: “Because Natalee was recently in drug rehab in the US.”
Beth Twitty while leaving the police station in Bubaly in 2005.

THIS IS WRONG
“After I read the book, I got the feeling that there is something wrong here. The lies in the book and the many other doubtful claims and occurrences in the past 2.5 years made me think: Has Beth really wanted Natalee to be found?” For Gielen, who already has dozens of hours of visual material and is working on a documentary, this is reason for her to soon travel to the United States and go further into the Holloway-case.

Documentary maker to the US for ‘real story’ on Holloway
WILLEMSTAD/ORANJESTAD – “When I looked her in the eyes, I knew that something was not right, and from that moment on, I ducked down in the case; and I am still on it”, says documentary maker Renée Gielen about Beth Twitty, the mother of Natalee Holloway. Gielen ducked down into one of worlds most discussed disappearance cases two-and-a-half years ago and was especially moved by the strange behavior of Natalee’s mother, whom she interviewed in June of 2005 in the Holiday Inn Hotel in Aruba for the Dutch TV-program TweeVandaag. “At that time, I didn’t know yet what I saw in her eyes; one thing I knew, I didn’t have a sad mother sitting in front of me. I know now what I saw then: a mother with a lot of problems.”
Gielen, who lives and works in Curacao, came earlier this year with video-recordings including declarations of persons involved, which put the case in a new light. Amigoe reported this and the Dutch current affairs programme Network broadcasted it thereupon. As a result of the recently published book of Beth Twitty ‘Loving Natalee, the true story of Aruban kidnapping and its aftermath’, she’s now working on a documentary with new material on tape, together with Dolph van Stapele, Peter Ranzijn, Michel Drente, and Suzanne Jansen.
Gielen is now getting ready to go to the United States for further inquiry. She describes Beth’s book as ‘an image building story with a first class rabble-rousing’.
“After I read the book, I got the feeling that there is something wrong here.” That confirmed her suspicions. The lies in the book and the many other doubtful claims and occurrences in the past 2.5 years made me think: Has Beth really wanted Natalee to be found?”
IDEAL DAUGHTER
Gielen points out that Natalee was never put on FBI’s official list of missing persons. She also says that the surveillance tape of the Holiday Inn that shows a blond woman, was not sent to the Forensic Institution in Rijswijk, because Twitty said that the woman was not Natalee. Gielen says that she has information that reveals that Natalee did not at all meet the image that her mother Beth likes to portray her: the dream daughter, a virgin that has never done something wrong in her life, doesn’t drink, doesn’t smoke, has never experimented with drugs; the Christian girl that in all sorts of manners propagated her biblical ideas in volunteer work and was an example for all other young persons.
According to Gielen, the truth is the reverse of all of the above. Natalee has even been in a drug rehabilitation clinic right before she came to Aruba. The girl had such a good time in Aruba that she didn’t want to leave the island. Natalee had the male persons present ‘lick her belly jellies’ on the bar, was smoking dope on the beach, and her girlfriends even warned her not to drink so much, recites Gielen. Natalee’s ‘addiction’ was brought up in an interview that Gielen has on tape, with the Aruban taxi driver Trina (for her protection no family name), who also appears in the book (as the only taxi driver) called by her first name. She tells Gielen that when Beth’s by now second ex-husband and his friend Mitch were in her Taxi, they asked her if she can take them to cholhouses on the island. “When she asked why, they told her that Natalee has recently been in rehab in the US”, said Gielen.
Gielen dares to say that in the days, months, and by now years after the disappearance of her daughter, Beth Twitty wants just one thing: disguise Natalee’s outrageous behavior and the way she disappeared. She only needed one thing for that: a whipping boy. And that was Joran van der Sloot, the boy with whom she was seen last, in the company of the two Surinam brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe; they must have done it. Gielen says that Joran made the mistake by the first instance lie about leaving Natalee behind. “Besides, he writes that in his book, in which he does not spare himself.”
BE NO GOOD
The assertions of Beth Twitty in the course of time confirm the idea that she has played a peculiar part. Gielen names a few examples. “Twitty manages to say in interviews – FOX News, Geraldo – that the Dutch government has used the tragic occurrences around hurricane Katrina to release the suspects in Aruba in September of 2005. ‘Rape is not a crime for the Dutch government’, she added.” Twitty asserts in the same interview that there are five declarations in which Joran van der Sloot admits having had *** with Natalee in his house and that Natalee became unconscious so now and then, while these declarations do not exist, says Gielen. “You must have a lot of courage, when you write in your book that during a meeting in Aruba with Ahata, you make the statement that everything was a cover-up from Aruba’s side and that the then chairman of Ahata would have whispered ‘yes, that’s correct’, while you can count that this can be checked, which I did”, says Gielen.
Twitty writes that the Strategic Communications Task Force that Aruba established, was done ‘to combat the negative media and to combat us’. “A member of the task force contradicts this and says that the task force has always tried not to take an extreme position. In the beginning, the strategic task force has even set herself up as liaison for her. They fixed hotels for her and facilitated her press conferences. They have even collected money.”
The member can only guess that Beth experienced the website – that nuanced her often unfounded statements and accusations that caused the island harm – as an attack on her.
Gielen also quotes that Twitty has repeatedly insinuated that her daughter had no bankcard with her, ‘because it was in her bedroom in Alabama’. “This while Jug Twitty –Natalee’s stepfather, whom Beth has meanwhile divorced – and a friend were talking in a taxi about Natalee withdrawing money twice since her disappearance, after which they have blocked her account.”
Beth writes in her book that she felt threatened by Charles Croes, who as owner of a ‘rental cell phone company’, was real fast involved with the case and offered help on all fronts. Beth says that he has pose as ‘clairvoyant’ and supposedly has asked her about her *** life when he was alone with her in the car. A girlfriend had rescued her just in time. “These are not the only insults of Twitty to Croes’ address. Croes tells his story in an interview I had with him recently, and that is completely different. Besides, Croes confirms Twitty’s ties with the White House. Jug Twitty told him: ‘I have very long fingers that can reach all the way to the White House’. It already appeared earlier that via Jug, Beth had contacts with Condoleezza Rice, who, via the Dutch Justice-minister, managed to have Aruba make the case a ‘high profile one’.
__________________
Eagle-Beach Boy
Ontario, Canada



  #5  
Old Wednesday, November 21st, 2007, 06:31 PM
zerokarma zerokarma is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: January 28th, 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 255
zerokarma is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

I'm sure this topic will be locked in no time.

I just hope they have proper evidence this time, its not fair to keep re-arresting people multiple times if you don't have proper evidence to proceed.
  #6  
Old Wednesday, November 21st, 2007, 09:00 PM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

if i recall the law in aruba, in order to arrest them again they would need new evidence. i do agree with you 'z' that it would not be fair to do this again unless there is a very good reason.

i thank all of you for being so 'well behaved' about this thread. i really appreciate it. so far, it is remaining open. i won't lock it as long as it stays within reason. we remained open before for several thousand posts and 6 months of exhaustion by this moderator. i don't like to lock threads and rarely do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerokarma View Post
I'm sure this topic will be locked in no time.

I just hope they have proper evidence this time, its not fair to keep re-arresting people multiple times if you don't have proper evidence to proceed.
  #7  
Old Wednesday, November 21st, 2007, 09:12 PM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

The press release said there's "new evidence." I'm of the opinion that Aruba wouldn't let herself wide open to more criticism if this was just another of the same old, same old.

sherry ~ funny. I was reading back when this all began, and my opinion then (which obviously I won't go into) hasn't changed one iota as of this date.

I hope there is a resolution.
__________________
  #8  
Old Wednesday, November 21st, 2007, 11:33 PM
charlescroes's Avatar
charlescroes charlescroes is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: February 21st, 2005
Posts: 960
charlescroes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

For the record:
  • What she says about me is pure B.S.
  • None of her statements about me are even close to being true
  • I have made a clearing statement that has gone on record and will be used in a documentary
  • There are substantial witnesses that are appaled with her sttements and will state (under oath) that none of what she claims about me is true.
  • I am contemplating other actions.
While I truly hope she finds peace with any new developments and that the guilty meet their fate, I resent being a vehicle to selling more copies.

be well
charles
  #9  
Old Thursday, November 22nd, 2007, 08:46 AM
Eagle-Beach Boy's Avatar
Eagle-Beach Boy Eagle-Beach Boy is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: October 7th, 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 565
Eagle-Beach Boy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlescroes View Post
For the record:
  • What she says about me is pure B.S.
While I truly hope she finds peace with any new developments and that the guilty meet their fate.
be well
charles
We believe you Charles and hope your name is cleared from the slander.
__________________
Eagle-Beach Boy
Ontario, Canada



  #10  
Old Thursday, November 22nd, 2007, 09:09 AM
th7799's Avatar
th7799 th7799 is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: August 5th, 2004
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 62
Posts: 309
th7799 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

That's right Charles, we're with you. In your words, "be well"!

T
__________________
Next Aruba Trip!!!
November 24th to December 4th 2011
Let the countdown begin!
  #11  
Old Thursday, November 22nd, 2007, 09:39 AM
susanna's Avatar
susanna susanna is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: January 3rd, 2005
Location: Shawinigan-Sud,Quebec, Canada
Posts: 697
susanna is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-Beach Boy View Post
We believe you Charles and hope your name is cleared from the slander.

Though I have never had the pleasure of meeting you in person Charles, I never for one second gave any credibility to her statements about you...you were generous to offer to help...and then you got slammed.
  #12  
Old Thursday, November 22nd, 2007, 10:16 AM
charlierat's Avatar
charlierat charlierat is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: July 30th, 2005
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Age: 63
Posts: 2,516
charlierat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Internet news sources this morning are reporting that Joran is being flown back to Aruba today. The Kalpoes will face a Judge of First Instance tomorrow; presumably Joran will also face a Judge tomorrow.

As a refresher course in Dutch criminal procedure for those of us that don't remember how events unfolded 2 1/2 years ago, the Dutch investigators can take persons of interest into custody without charging them. Once in custody, there will be a series of hearings before a Judge of First Instance. At each hearing, the prosecution must present evidence that a case is being developed; the burden on the prosecution increases with each hearing.

At tomorrow's hearing, the Judge will hear the new evidence and then one of three things will happen: (1) the Judge will prefer charges against some or all of the detainees; (2) the Judge will determine that the new evidence is not sufficient to warrant a new period of detention and they will be released (remember that the last time they were released, it was "with prejudice" which means that the prosecution must have new and different evidence and cannot rely on evidence used against the boys during the summer of 2005); or (3) the Judge can order the period of detention to be extended while the prosecution continues to develop their case.
__________________
Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  #13  
Old Thursday, November 22nd, 2007, 11:10 AM
carrelli carrelli is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: February 16th, 2006
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 115
carrelli is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Charles, so sorry to hear you were put in such a questionable light in that publication of Beths. I see she is not well liked from the many articles I've read. I don't blame you for being upset. When all you did was give a helping hand to a parent with a missing child. As did many others. Nice payback. But as they say Charles what comes around goes around. She'll get her due.

Best Wishes and Be Well.
Deb in Ma.
  #14  
Old Thursday, November 22nd, 2007, 02:23 PM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

My friend... even though you never came through with the wine, cheese and fruit, there's not a question in anyone's mind that knows your heart, that you're an honorable man. Everybody else has said everything there is to say.

See you soon!!
__________________

Last edited by Elaine S; Thursday, November 22nd, 2007 at 08:30 PM.
  #15  
Old Thursday, November 22nd, 2007, 04:32 PM
sir_drinkalot's Avatar
sir_drinkalot sir_drinkalot is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: April 27th, 2004
Location: Mass
Age: 55
Posts: 408
sir_drinkalot is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Question. My understanding is that after 3 years there is a statute of limitations on cases like these. It's been what..2 1/2 years?? Is it possible that the Aruban government is just throwing things at the wall and see what sticks? I hope not. I hope they found some concrete evidence and can put an end to this.
__________________
Do you have trouble making up your mind? Well, yes or no?
  #16  
Old Thursday, November 22nd, 2007, 05:10 PM
moey's Avatar
moey moey is offline
Member
 
Join Date: July 1st, 2005
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 31
moey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Everyone: I 100% agree with Charles C that what goes around comes around and Beth did him a terrible disservice with her comments in the book. They certainly did not line up with her original statements about him when she was interviewed by Greta right after the disappearance, but you can't find that interview on the internet anywhere today. Strange how thing disappear.

My theory of what has transpired, according to what I have gleaned from TV interviews and news sources is that the Dutch authorities over the past 14 months have found 'new evidence' that has been there all the time but has just been verified/authenticated by THREE JURISDICTIONS and that is what they base the new charges on.

My guess is that the Dutch authorities had a group of criminalists/investigators/IT people comb through all of the evidence, every scrap, and create a data base like Microsoft Access or perhaps something more sophisticated than that and then they ran reports to see where the inconsistencies or consistensies were, zeroed in on those, verified them with the appropriate jurisdictions and then came up with the charges that they have. I don't hink it was a 'spur of the moment thing,' like oh, boy we are running out of time we better do something. I think this is the real deal. I don't know who it involves, if it is all three or one or two of them or if there is a fourth-party involved, I don't think we will know until tomorrow and perhaps not then if the judge issues a gag order, which would not surprise me.

I would hope that whatever happens that it brings closure for everyone and things can go back to normal for the wonderful people on Aruba and the family can at least close this chapter.

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all if you are celebrating. Moey in Minneapolis
  #17  
Old Thursday, November 22nd, 2007, 06:59 PM
ruba4ever's Avatar
ruba4ever ruba4ever is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: May 15th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 1,881
ruba4ever is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Just heard on our local news that Natalies father (his name is escaping me at the moment) is starting his own search for her body in the ocean.
Hope something concrete comes of all this so all parties involved can have some closure finally. And charles...just remember, no good deed goes unpunished. We know your good name and reputation will triumph in the end.
ruba
__________________
Only happy people allowed!













































  #18  
Old Friday, November 23rd, 2007, 10:59 AM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

i have just deleted my first post in this section so let me remind everyone. this thread is for news and facts not speculation, rudeness, or offensive comments. i really want to keep this open but i will not tolerate our board going downhill because people can't control themselves.

thank you!
  #19  
Old Friday, November 23rd, 2007, 12:37 PM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

sherry ~ thanks for everything you do. I don't think people realize how time consuming your job with this BB is.

I also applaud you for allowing this thread to remain open since the last time it was a nightmare. Hopefully, we can all act like adults, and instead of spinning or arguing or insulting, we can allow just the facts of what's happening on the island in this case to be published. This isn't about what we think anymore... this is about what's going down, period. There isn't one among us who doesn't want to know what truly happened to Natalee. I believe it's tugged at all of our hearts.

Thanks my dear friend, sherry! You handle everything on this board with such grace.
__________________
  #20  
Old Friday, November 23rd, 2007, 12:45 PM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

thanks elaine (and you too are a very dear friend), i am finding myself a little wary and possibly likely to jump the gun on deleting posts this time. last time i spent months totally exhausted with almost every waking hour on the board moderating. but that is actually what i volunteered to do so i shouldn't complain too much, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
sherry ~ thanks for everything you do. I don't think people realize how time consuming your job with this BB is.

I also applaud you for allowing this thread to remain open since the last time it was a nightmare. Hopefully, we can all act like adults, and instead of spinning or arguing or insulting, we can allow just the facts of what's happening on the island in this case to be published. This isn't about what we think anymore... this is about what's going down, period. There isn't one among us who doesn't want to know what truly happened to Natalee. I believe it's tugged at all of our hearts.

Thanks my dear friend, sherry! You handle everything on this board with such grace.
  #21  
Old Friday, November 23rd, 2007, 04:55 PM
chrisnwillie's Avatar
chrisnwillie chrisnwillie is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: May 5th, 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 583
chrisnwillie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

I too hope this doesn't go down the tubes and cause you to have to work overtime deleting posts here. I have refrained from posting on all the BB's since this news story hit on Wednesday, just because there really isn't anything of value to say pending all these "hearings" of sorts....but truth be told, I've had to tie my typing fingers behind my back at times with some of the responses I have seen on the other BB's....kudos to you for the job you do.
__________________
  #22  
Old Friday, November 23rd, 2007, 04:58 PM
pgsoder pgsoder is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: June 26th, 2004
Posts: 1,530
pgsoder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

I agree 100% with Elaine. Sherry does it all!!
As much as we all have opinions and theories, we will just have to keep this away from this board.
Now for the latest facts on the case-I just saw on CNN-the Judge in Aruba has just announced that both Kalpoe brothers will be held another 8 days. New evidence warrants this action.
  #23  
Old Saturday, November 24th, 2007, 07:23 AM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americ...est/index.html

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (CNN) -- There is enough evidence to prove Natalee Holloway is dead -- even if the Alabama teenager's remains are never found, Aruba's chief public prosecutor said Friday.
Natalee Holloway disappeared while on vacation in Aruba with classmates in 2005.

"There's no doubt in my mind that she's dead ... I think we have enough evidence to prove the girl is not alive anymore, even without a body," Hans Mos said.
"You don't need a body under our law to prove someone is dead. And any day that passes now is just more evidence that she is not alive anymore."
Joran van der Sloot, 20, arrived in Aruba late Friday, and is sheduled to appear before a judge Monday. He was flown with a police escort back to the island from the Netherlands, where he was attending college.
An Aruba judge Friday ruled authorities can continue to hold two other suspects in Holloway's disappearance -- Deepak, 24, and Satish Kalpoe, 21 -- for at least eight more days.
The brothers were arrested Wednesday in Aruba. Van der Sloot, the son of an Aruban judge, was arrested in the Netherlands the same day.
The three men apparently were the last people to see Holloway alive after she left a bar in Aruba.
They are charged with "involvement in the voluntary manslaughter of Natalee Holloway or causing serious bodily harm to Natalee Holloway, resulting in her death."
All three have maintained their innocence.
Dutch investigators taking a fresh look at the case found some new evidence that led to the re-arrests, Mos told CNN.
The investigators used advanced techniques to re-examine existing information, including cell phone records and text messages exchanged the night Holloway disappeared. They found some discrepancies, Mos said.
As part of their work, investigators returned to the homes of the suspects to try to re-create transmissions.
The team also discovered that some existing evidence was improperly analyzed, he added.

Van der Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers have been in jail since their arrests Wednesday. They previously had been arrested in the case in 2005, but a court released them, citing insufficient evidence.
Mos said his office will decide next Thursday whether to ask the judge to keep them in jail for an additional eight days. With a judge's approval, the men can be detained for eight days at a time while investigators continue to develop the case.
Meanwhile, van der Sloot will face a judge on Aruba on Monday who will decide whether there is enough evidence to detain him for eight days.
Van der Sloot's jail-time countdown began the day of his arrest. The prosecutor's office said it will request another eight-day stretch.
An attorney for van der Sloot said his client was bitterly surprised by the turn of events, because he felt he had left the incident behind him. The man has been attending college in the Netherlands.

Natalee Holloway was on vacation in May 2005 with about 100 classmates celebrating their graduation from Mountain Brook High School near Birmingham, Alabama.
Van der Sloot and the Kalpoes were the last people seen with Holloway as she left Carlos'n Charlie's nightclub in Oranjestad, Aruba, about 1:30 a.m. on May 30, 2005. The men have maintained they had nothing to do with her disappearance. She has not been found.
The high school group had planned to leave Aruba the next day, and Holloway's packed bags and passport were found in her hotel room after she failed to show up for her flight.
The Kalpoes have told police they dropped Holloway and van der Sloot off near a lighthouse at a beach on the northern tip of the island after they left the nightclub.
Van der Sloot's mother, Anita, has said her son told her he was on the beach with Holloway but left her there alone because she wanted to stay.
On Thursday, she told The Associated Press by telephone that investigators had recently questioned her family and the Kalpoe family.
"I think it's ridiculous after 2½ years to be doing this," she told the AP.
She told CNN on Friday she had no comment on her son's latest arrest.

Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway, said her ex-husband, Dave Holloway, has hired divers who will use sonar equipment from a benefactor to search for the girl's remains in deep water surrounding the Caribbean island.

Aruba's criminal justice system is based on Dutch law and the Napoleonic code, legal experts say. In Aruba, authorities can make an arrest if they have reasonable suspicion that someone knows about or is involved in a crime. Magistrates investigate cases, and judges determine a suspect's guilt or innocence. There are no jury trials.
  #24  
Old Saturday, November 24th, 2007, 05:55 PM
maryritzey maryritzey is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: July 22nd, 2005
Posts: 1
maryritzey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

I have spoken to my friends in Aruba and they say it is just Aruba law that says inorder to keep the case active they have to re-arest the suspects. Don't think there is any new evidence.
  #25  
Old Monday, November 26th, 2007, 11:37 AM
seashelldiver's Avatar
seashelldiver seashelldiver is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: July 21st, 2004
Posts: 1,088
seashelldiver is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

My thoughts on the re-arrests.....GOOD ! It seems Deepak has been running his mouth or should I say fingers sending emails around to Joran in Holland and some lady in the USA who befriended him and that friend contacted the FBI with those emails that differ greatly from their stories of 2.5 years ago......as with alot of young people the guitly conscience is a powerful force and it seems they have not kept their mouths shut and it all might come back to convict them finally.....

As for Beth Twitty I can cut her some slack as it is her daughter who is probably dead, but what i will NEVER cut her ANY slack on is how she dragged aruba thru the mud with all her lies, half truths and inaacurracies about Aruba and Arubans........that was my home for seven years and she spewed alot of crap that simply just wasn't true........it was the Aruban press that had to report that the whole arm of the government shut down for a day so that all 700 who were interested in looking for Natalie could join in the search, did she EVER speak of that.....nope, never, she was more interested in convincing the world that Aruba was not being cooperative and that was not the case......

Charles we all know your integrity and trust me, her words about you fall on deaf ears here....we know the type of man you are !
__________________
Some people get lost in thought because it's unfamiliar territory.
  #26  
Old Monday, November 26th, 2007, 12:53 PM
moey's Avatar
moey moey is offline
Member
 
Join Date: July 1st, 2005
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 31
moey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Seashelldiver: I agree with you 100% on Beth. As another mother it comes naturally to cut her slack on how one might react to a missing daughter, probably the worst thing a mother could go through. But the awful things she has said about Aruba, the people and of course, Charles, is unconscionable, in my opinion. I realize you would be distraught to the nth degree, but nothing excuses rudeness and vindictiveness against the very people who are being so gracious to help you. I'll never understand that.

The information you posted about Deepak, the emails, the FBI and so forth, is this speculation on your part or is this something that you have had confirmed by someone there?

Moey in Minneapolis
  #27  
Old Monday, November 26th, 2007, 01:27 PM
seashelldiver's Avatar
seashelldiver seashelldiver is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: July 21st, 2004
Posts: 1,088
seashelldiver is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Moey, here is the link to the article, reported by the UPI (United Press International) where we typically get all of our international news published in your local papers......also they have been reporting on the cell phone calls and emails on MSNBC all weekend. Unlike USA laws we will not hear what those calls and emails contained till well after the case has concluded, at least that was my experience while living in Aruba......hopefully something more will come out soon.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=389&sid=1296838
__________________
Some people get lost in thought because it's unfamiliar territory.
  #28  
Old Monday, November 26th, 2007, 01:39 PM
moey's Avatar
moey moey is offline
Member
 
Join Date: July 1st, 2005
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 31
moey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Seashelldiver: Thanks for the link. Looks ominous, if only the whole truth would come out everyone would be so relieved. Thanks again. Moey
  #29  
Old Monday, November 26th, 2007, 01:49 PM
seashelldiver's Avatar
seashelldiver seashelldiver is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: July 21st, 2004
Posts: 1,088
seashelldiver is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Here's a more updated released, posted 4 hours ago........

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3912737
__________________
Some people get lost in thought because it's unfamiliar territory.
  #30  
Old Monday, November 26th, 2007, 06:31 PM
DiviAruba's Avatar
DiviAruba DiviAruba is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: July 1st, 2004
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 858
DiviAruba is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlescroes View Post
For the record:
  • What she says about me is pure B.S.
  • None of her statements about me are even close to being true
  • I have made a clearing statement that has gone on record and will be used in a documentary
  • There are substantial witnesses that are appaled with her sttements and will state (under oath) that none of what she claims about me is true.
  • I am contemplating other actions.
While I truly hope she finds peace with any new developments and that the guilty meet their fate, I resent being a vehicle to selling more copies.

be well
charles
I'm not quite sure what she said, but I think most people know to take what she says with a grain of salt.

I just want all this to end!
__________________
Aruba Bound


  #31  
Old Monday, November 26th, 2007, 06:51 PM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

joran has now be put behind bars for at least 8 days. the judge decided against him.
  #32  
Old Monday, November 26th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Arubaforever Arubaforever is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: November 26th, 2007
Posts: 1
Arubaforever is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

I sent Charles Croes a message of support. Beth Twitty is a horrible person for the way she has treated the people of Aruba who have reached out to help her. Some of you are extremely generous for giving her some slack, but I cannot be. I have listened to her night after night lying about everything. The person who is going to do that documentary should have a lot of information if she/he has listened to as many interviews as I have. Beth Twitty is incapable of telling the truth. I don't understand that.

From what I have seen, she doesn't miss Natalee at all. She is enjoying her new fame and fortune too much. She hasn't spent a dime on any searches, but she certainly didn't see anything wrong with getting plastic surgery and trying to ruin as many lives as possible. That book of hers is a joke. She has no faith, she is too hateful.
  #33  
Old Monday, November 26th, 2007, 09:39 PM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

aruba, welcome to our board. i will leave your post only because you are a new member and don't understand our rules. this is an information thread. we have done the holloway family ad nauseum and stopped doing it 2 years ago. it isn't a matter of agreeing or not agreeing with your point of view. it is a matter that there is a limit to how much we should vent on the topic.

now there may be a conclusion in sight. that is what we are dealing with. we want news and information only in this thread or i will be forced to close it.

please join in our other threads as much as you wish but only post in this one if you are able to advance our information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arubaforever View Post
I sent Charles Croes a message of support. Beth Twitty is a horrible person for the way she has treated the people of Aruba who have reached out to help her. Some of you are extremely generous for giving her some slack, but I cannot be. I have listened to her night after night lying about everything. The person who is going to do that documentary should have a lot of information if she/he has listened to as many interviews as I have. Beth Twitty is incapable of telling the truth. I don't understand that.

From what I have seen, she doesn't miss Natalee at all. She is enjoying her new fame and fortune too much. She hasn't spent a dime on any searches, but she certainly didn't see anything wrong with getting plastic surgery and trying to ruin as many lives as possible. That book of hers is a joke. She has no faith, she is too hateful.
  #34  
Old Tuesday, November 27th, 2007, 07:11 PM
charlescroes's Avatar
charlescroes charlescroes is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: February 21st, 2005
Posts: 960
charlescroes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

To all of you.
On another board, the topic sort of ran away with itself and was locked. That is always the decision of the one who did it and must, under all circumstances, be respected.

When I saw it closed, I had a small pang because I was about to post a little thank you note to the (literally) thousands of persons that took the time to send me a brief note.

So - allow me to quickly say a profound thank you.

While this "thank you" does not qualify as new updating or information on the case, it is certainly is heart felt and a very personal display of my respect for the time you have taken and appreciation for your sentiments.

be well
charles
  #35  
Old Tuesday, November 27th, 2007, 07:34 PM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

well charles, so far everyone is really listening to my requests so we are still open (thank you everyone!) but, you can still stop this thread and say thank you once in a while, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlescroes View Post
To all of you.
On another board, the topic sort of ran away with itself and was locked. That is always the decision of the one who did it and must, under all circumstances, be respected.

When I saw it closed, I had a small pang because I was about to post a little thank you note to the (literally) thousands of persons that took the time to send me a brief note.

So - allow me to quickly say a profound thank you.

While this "thank you" does not qualify as new updating or information on the case, it is certainly is heart felt and a very personal display of my respect for the time you have taken and appreciation for your sentiments.

be well
charles
  #36  
Old Tuesday, November 27th, 2007, 10:09 PM
kevin d's Avatar
kevin d kevin d is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Location: key west
Age: 54
Posts: 3,944
kevin d is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

I'd like to add a few thank-you's as well:

To Charles, for remaining eloquent and gracious as always, even in the face of this.

To Sherry, for tirelessly maintaining this world we call our BB. Yes we're a team of MODs, but there will never be a doubt as to who is the Queen.

To Moey, with just 3 posts you've shown yourself as someone from whom I'm looking forward to seeing more comments. Welcome aboard.

Most of all a big THANKS to everyone, for remaining respectful and calm instead of running and screaming with torches and nooses.
__________________
Everyone should believe in something - I believe I'll go fishing
  #37  
Old Wednesday, November 28th, 2007, 04:36 PM
moey's Avatar
moey moey is offline
Member
 
Join Date: July 1st, 2005
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 31
moey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Kevin: Thank you for the kind words. I really didn't think anyone really noticed me here. I'm a pretty quiet serious person interested in good discussion of facts. I totally run away from any nastiness and/or rudeness to or about others; just not in my nature.

I have a great respect for Charles Croes, even though I don't know him personally, but from what I have seen/heard he has conducted himself above reproach. I also thank him for answering questions so graciously.

The moderator of your forum, whom I don't know, seems to run a very nice board and it is a pleasure to share here. I'm anxious to learn more about Aruba nad hope my husband and I can vacation there sometime in the near future. We live in chilly Minneapolis, Minnesota, so we are just getting our first taste of snow -- something you guys never see, I'm sure.

Take care and I look forward to hearing what will come up the end of this week in the legal wrangling. I wish I understood Dutch/Aruban law better, it is so very different than the US which is all I am used to. Thanks again. Moey
  #38  
Old Wednesday, November 28th, 2007, 04:50 PM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

hi moey, a little background on us for you. kevin, corrine, charlierat and localisa are my moderators. i am the 'supermoderator'. the difference is i get all the complaints and they save my a**. kevin is from va but living in florida so for now he is away from snow. corrine lives in ny and knows snow. i am in maryland so i know snow (supposed to get our first this sunday night) and lisa is the lucky one living in aruba and may never have seen snow. of course you know more about snow than we do but when it snows in our areas no one knows how to handle it. i guess it's an even trade, lol.

we really try hard on this board but i have to say it isn't the 5 of us that do it. it is our members. we set a standard but they are the ones that need and really do tolerate us and our quirky standard.

so, thank you for joining us and keeping our standards high. it is a pleasure to meet you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moey View Post
Kevin: Thank you for the kind words. I really didn't think anyone really noticed me here. I'm a pretty quiet serious person interested in good discussion of facts. I totally run away from any nastiness and/or rudeness to or about others; just not in my nature.

I have a great respect for Charles Croes, even though I don't know him personally, but from what I have seen/heard he has conducted himself above reproach. I also thank him for answering questions so graciously.

The moderator of your forum, whom I don't know, seems to run a very nice board and it is a pleasure to share here. I'm anxious to learn more about Aruba nad hope my husband and I can vacation there sometime in the near future. We live in chilly Minneapolis, Minnesota, so we are just getting our first taste of snow -- something you guys never see, I'm sure.

Take care and I look forward to hearing what will come up the end of this week in the legal wrangling. I wish I understood Dutch/Aruban law better, it is so very different than the US which is all I am used to. Thanks again. Moey
  #39  
Old Wednesday, November 28th, 2007, 04:58 PM
moey's Avatar
moey moey is offline
Member
 
Join Date: July 1st, 2005
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 31
moey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Sherry: Yes, we are to get snow this Sunday and Sunday night also. Monday drive time will be a mess. It seems like all Minnesota drivers forget how to drive in snow from one winter to the next! LOL Moey
  #40  
Old Wednesday, November 28th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Moey ~ If I may ask, do you read our other threads about Aruba? It always interests me if new people gear their sights on just one subject or explore..

Welcome to our board, and not to worry... follow my lead, and I'll show you the ropes!
__________________
  #41  
Old Wednesday, November 28th, 2007, 06:40 PM
moey's Avatar
moey moey is offline
Member
 
Join Date: July 1st, 2005
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 31
moey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Elaine: Yes, over time I have read some of the other threads. I've enjoyed many of Charles' stories. I also privately correspond with someone on the island nad have leanred a lot about the culture, arts, etc., I am not totally focused on the Holloway case. HOWEVER, I am very very interested in the legal issues (none of the in-fighting), just the legal issues and how they are dealt with in a different manner than in our court system. I don't mean to sound like one is right and one is wrong, that is not what I mean -- it just boils down to different judicial systems and that interests me. Also, I am a great reader of mysterys, fiction and non. I am from a generation of women who grew up in the 40's and I wanted to go to law school so badly, but all I heard from teachers/counselors was that women could be a nurse, teacher, secretary or homemaker, but women just did NOT go to law school. So I suppose that adds to my fascination with anything legal! Thanks for the nice welcome. Moey
  #42  
Old Wednesday, November 28th, 2007, 07:24 PM
2hokies's Avatar
2hokies 2hokies is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: July 7th, 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 328
2hokies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Welcome Moey, and please send some snow to VA....Well, not on Dec 7 when my plane takes off please.
__________________
In memory...Virginia Tech...4/16/2007
  #43  
Old Wednesday, November 28th, 2007, 07:57 PM
charlierat's Avatar
charlierat charlierat is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: July 30th, 2005
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Age: 63
Posts: 2,516
charlierat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Hi, Moey. Nice to see you posting over here.
__________________
Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  #44  
Old Wednesday, November 28th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlierat View Post
Hi, Moey. Nice to see you posting over here.
I thought that was "the" Moey who I never had the pleasure of posting with, however, I have many read of her posts!
__________________
  #45  
Old Thursday, November 29th, 2007, 11:03 AM
moey's Avatar
moey moey is offline
Member
 
Join Date: July 1st, 2005
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 31
moey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hokies View Post
Welcome Moey, and please send some snow to VA....Well, not on Dec 7 when my plane takes off please.
If I could I would. We are supposed to get dumped on this Saturday through Sunday and we have concert tickets for Saturday night, which I'm going to try to exchange. Unfortunately a few hundred other people will be trying to do the same thing.

At least it is not below zero. Thanks for the welcome. Moey
  #46  
Old Thursday, November 29th, 2007, 11:05 AM
moey's Avatar
moey moey is offline
Member
 
Join Date: July 1st, 2005
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 31
moey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlierat View Post
Hi, Moey. Nice to see you posting over here.
Charlie: Yes, it is nice to see you here too. Sometimes I get driven away by the divisivness on the other board we post at. I'm only interested in the legal issues and facts and not what someone else said somewhere. Thanks for the welcome. Moey
  #47  
Old Thursday, November 29th, 2007, 11:08 AM
moey's Avatar
moey moey is offline
Member
 
Join Date: July 1st, 2005
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 31
moey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
I thought that was "the" Moey who I never had the pleasure of posting with, however, I have many read of her posts!
Elaine: I don't know if we have ever posted together or not. I only post here and on one other board (the sane one), but thanks for the welcome, it seems like a very nice place to share thoughts. I'm very interested in seeing what transpires at the hearing today and if as rumor has it the two Kalpoe brothers are going to be released. My money is on they won't be released and they will not reverse their decision to keep their cases bifurcated. I think they are being extra cautious this time around. Moey
  #48  
Old Thursday, November 29th, 2007, 11:20 AM
charlierat's Avatar
charlierat charlierat is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: July 30th, 2005
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Age: 63
Posts: 2,516
charlierat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Quote:
Originally Posted by moey View Post
Charlie: Yes, it is nice to see you here too. Sometimes I get driven away by the divisivness on the other board we post at. I'm only interested in the legal issues and facts and not what someone else said somewhere. Thanks for the welcome. Moey
Thank you for checking us out. As sherry pointed out a couple of days ago, the Natalee Holloway case is kind of off-limits around here. We will report news but we tried to allow discussions on the case in the past and they deteriorated into fights and wild rumor-mongering. (Sound familiar?)

There has been some recent news so we are keeping this thread open to post new developments. So far, so good. I think a lot of us remember how things were a couple of years ago and don't want to go back to that.

This is, after all, an Aruba board; not a missing persons board.

Now that I got that out of the way, we need to get you to Aruba so you can see for yourself how and why Aruba has had so much steadfast support throughout this whole affair.
__________________
Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  #49  
Old Thursday, November 29th, 2007, 01:05 PM
moey's Avatar
moey moey is offline
Member
 
Join Date: July 1st, 2005
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 31
moey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

Charlie: I would LOVE to go to Aruba, but it is just not in the cards for us in the near future. We have a student going off to college fall of 2009, so we are in the midst of ACTs, visiting colleges, applications, financial aid and all that good stuff. We are senior citizens raising our granddaughter, so it is a VERY new experience for us -- not something I thought I would be doing at this age, plus working full-time!

It is a place I know we will visit in the future (health cooperating) as there are Island people I have met on board that I would love to meet in person and just visit about their life there and how wonderful it is. I'm not saying perfect as there is no perfect place, but it must come close. Moey
  #50  
Old Friday, November 30th, 2007, 02:25 AM
jeff jeff is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: August 13th, 2004
Posts: 26
jeff is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holloway case....again! See link below

I know that chats on boards like this can sometimes become heated and sometime stupid.
Do not censor any thoughts about this case. I have had people talk to me at my job,who know that I have been going to Aruba for over 20 years. All the info they get is from Fox News.They actually ask me if I am afraid to go back to Aruba. I try to tell them in an even handed tone: that Aruba and its people are a joy,and I highly recomend it to friends and relatives. So far; no one who has gone to our once happy island has anything negative to say.
I am sure that Ms Holloway is now dead,and I do not think that bringing in investigators from the USA will help at all. There was a report on CNBC that special underwater equipment was coming in to do another search.
Just one question for any fisherman or scuba divers. If a body has been in the ocean for 2 years;what are the chances of finding anything? ( Can any one say needle in a haystack?)
Delete the truly abusive;but let the rest of us comment until there is a conclusion.
Thanks,
Jeff
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2006 -2011 - CaribMedia.com