Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Thursday, June 8th, 2006, 11:08 AM

arubaxox is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Jet Blue will start 9/15/06 from JFK

Just joined this great forum today. Have been to aruba about 8 times and love it. I'm planning a family trip in Feb. 2007 (President's Week). Very expensive week to travel. Just found out that Jet Blue will start flying from JFK daily starting Sept. 15th. Their rates are very inexpensive at $99. each way with taxes roughly about $300 round trip. Great price. Just thought I would share this info. Rates are available up until Jan. 8th, although higher prices during the Holiday season. They just started accepting reservations yesterday. Hope this may help out NJ/NY travelers.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, June 8th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Almost Aruban

charlierat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jet Blue will start 9/15/06 from JFK

Bon bini to the board and thanks for that information about Jet Blue. That's a great price for airfare.
Old Thursday, June 8th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Almost Aruban

elisabeth_nj is on a distinguished road

They have a 99.00 ow fare going on now till 11/14 and slightly higher after. We need 11/11-11/18 and it comes to 332.00 rt, direct!!! That's incredible! Past couple of days we have been hemming and hawing on whether or not to travel up to JFK (we are central jersey) just for that fare. I need up to 14 tickets this Nov. and that will certainly help with our costs (I'm not paying for all!!!) Funny thing is that my sister will be joining us from Denver and she can take a JetBlue flight from Denver to JFK, JFK to Aruba and be on OUR FLIGHT! Her ticket would be in the 500's but that's still good for Denver and we get to fly together!!!
Old Thursday, June 8th, 2006, 12:33 PM

Linda A is on a distinguished road

The prices on JetBlue seem to be all over the place, from real bargains to higher than other commericial airlines. We already have our reservations on AA but just for the heck of it I put our travel dates in and it was $399pp one way.....might as well say $800pp round trip, and that did not include any applicable taxes or other fees which would probably bring it up to at least $850pp round trip. No deal there!
Old Thursday, June 8th, 2006, 05:26 PM

arubaxox is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Jet Blue will start 9/15/06 from JFK

That's incredible! Past couple of days we have been hemming and hawing on whether or not to travel up to JFK (we are central jersey) just for that fare. I need up to 14 tickets this Nov. and that will certainly help with our c osts (I'm not paying for all!!!)

To: Elizabeth from NJ

To save myself that much money since your traveling with that many people, I wouldn't hesitate to travel a few extra miles. If you're from central Jersey (I being from Northern NJ) you would be leaving from Newark A/P. JFK is literally about 45-60 minutes away from Newark.
My advice, go for it! I can't wait for JetBlue's fares to get posted for February travel. As the Continental air from Newark for Feb. is outrageous.

Good Luck, Mary Ann
Old Friday, June 9th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Almost Aruban

Quote:
Originally Posted by arubaxox
That's incredible! Past couple of days we have been hemming and hawing on whether or not to travel up to JFK (we are central jersey) just for that fare. I need up to 14 tickets this Nov. and that will certainly help with our c osts (I'm not paying for all!!!)

To: Elizabeth from NJ

To save myself that much money since your traveling with that many people, I wouldn't hesitate to travel a few extra miles. If you're from central Jersey (I being from Northern NJ) you would be leaving from Newark A/P. JFK is literally about 45-60 minutes away from Newark.
My advice, go for it! I can't wait for JetBlue's fares to get posted for February travel. As the Continental air from Newark for Feb. is outrageous.

Good Luck, Mary Ann
Thanks Mary Ann, the last 7 trips to Aruba we have taken USAir out of Philly. From our neck of the woods to Philly is probably the same distance to JFK. I talked to my husband about it last night and he thinks it will be an inconvience...I DO NOT!!! Said the traffic going thru Staten Island (we'd have to take the Outerbridge I guess) and then the Belt Parkway could be horrible. But for a 8:10 flight we'd need to leave home by 4:00 AM...Traffic, I don't think so! I'm going to get an actual head count over the weekend and hope those fares are still good next week.
Old Friday, June 9th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Almost Aruban

Corrine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabeth_nj
Thanks Mary Ann, the last 7 trips to Aruba we have taken USAir out of Philly. From our neck of the woods to Philly is probably the same distance to JFK. I talked to my husband about it last night and he thinks it will be an inconvience...I DO NOT!!! Said the traffic going thru Staten Island (we'd have to take the Outerbridge I guess) and then the Belt Parkway could be horrible. But for a 8:10 flight we'd need to leave home by 4:00 AM...Traffic, I don't think so! I'm going to get an actual head count over the weekend and hope those fares are still good next week.
The Belt is almost always a nightmare, Elisabeth! But if you left at 4am, and get to JFK by 6am, you shouldn't have a problem!

Old Friday, June 9th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Almost Aruban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine
The Belt is almost always a nightmare, Elisabeth! But if you left at 4am, and get to JFK by 6am, you shouldn't have a problem!
I don't think so either Corrine. When I used to visit my mom on LI I would leave at 6:00 AM and make record time!!! 4 AM should be a breeze!
Old Saturday, June 10th, 2006, 10:19 AM

nelson from New York is on a distinguished road

Guys the fares have been posted OW fare introducory fare is $99,- OW thats very cheap a RT will run with taxes $280,- not bad now we can go to Aruba for a weekend!!.