Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Saturday, January 7th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Almost Aruban

pgsoder is on a distinguished road
Default Kindle Fire

If you own a new Kindle Fire, don't worry, you WILL be able to read the books you downloaded, even if you are in the sun without the glare screens. You Will also be able to see and play any of the games you downloaded without a glare screen.
However, you WILL NOT be able to see your Emails, facebook or some other apps you may have downloaded, the glare screen just does not work outside in the sun. Also, at LaCabana we paid for wifi and almost every single time I got on line, I was kicked off as were our friends. Don't waste your money. Go upstairs over the lobby and use the computers for free.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Monday, January 9th, 2012, 08:11 AM

woodsy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kindle Fire

We are down here now and CANNOT read with the kindle fire in the sun.did not get an anti glare screen so hubby is dissapointed. Too much glare and really no place down here to buy anti glare screen
Old Monday, January 9th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Almost Aruban

pgsoder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kindle Fire

Was there in Dec. for 2 weeks. When I went to my book apps on the Kindle Fire automatically went to a different color background for ease of reading in the sun. It was a more grayish/white background. Enlarge the print, the screen gets even brighter. A friend gave me the anti-glare screens for me to try so I could read my emails and browse the internet, they did not work at all. Amazon is trying to fix all these issues.