Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Tuesday, June 15th, 2010, 12:08 PM

JRosco is on a distinguished road
Default Motorcycle Rental??

Can someone recommend place to rent a street legal dirt bike(dual-sport)? I have seen the choices, but would like to hear about someones personal experience with the companies you chose.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, June 16th, 2010, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Motorcycle Rental??

Well, thanks for all the info! lol I guess no one has rented two wheels before.
Old Tuesday, June 29th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Aruba Expert

TomFrederick is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Motorcycle Rental??

Unless you are a very experienced motorcycle operator would not rent one(incluiding any 2 wheel) in Aruba. The roads in Aruba are not good, most don't have shoulders, car go like crazy, cabs pass other vehicles where there is no passing, ...... Might be why you see very few 2 wheel vehicles in Aruba. So that may be why no response to your Post. In Bermuda I have rented a motor bike. In Aruba I value my life so will not rent one.

Last edited by TomFrederick; Tuesday, June 29th, 2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old Wednesday, June 30th, 2010, 12:27 PM

jawz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRosco View Post
Can someone recommend place to rent a street legal dirt bike(dual-sport)? I have seen the choices, but would like to hear about someones personal experience with the companies you chose.

Thanks!
You can rent one on the right hand side as you are heading towards the 2nd rotary from the airport. I believe it is George's Rentals He has Yamaha DT 175s. Big fat knobby tires. Just look on your right hand side before you get to lights at the low rise. You will see them parked on the side of theroad with ATVS. I believe it's before Certified and Super foods. But it is in that area. I have a bike and live here. Just expect the unexpected at all times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plenty of bikers of all kinds on Aruba. Do not drive on the Sand Dunes!
Have fun , pay attention and you'll be fine.
Of course wearing a helmet is a no brainer or bring your own if you have room.
Old Wednesday, July 7th, 2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFrederick View Post
Unless you are a very experienced motorcycle operator would not rent one(incluiding any 2 wheel) in Aruba. The roads in Aruba are not good, most don't have shoulders, car go like crazy, cabs pass other vehicles where there is no passing, ...... Might be why you see very few 2 wheel vehicles in Aruba. So that may be why no response to your Post. In Bermuda I have rented a motor bike. In Aruba I value my life so will not rent one.
I heard the same story about renting 2wheels in Mexico, and didn't have any problems. I am an experienced rider, so that may have had something to do with it, either way I was fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawz View Post
You can rent one on the right hand side as you are heading towards the 2nd rotary from the airport. I believe it is George's Rentals He has Yamaha DT 175s. Big fat knobby tires. Just look on your right hand side before you get to lights at the low rise. You will see them parked on the side of theroad with ATVS. I believe it's before Certified and Super foods. But it is in that area. I have a bike and live here. Just expect the unexpected at all times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plenty of bikers of all kinds on Aruba. Do not drive on the Sand Dunes!
Have fun , pay attention and you'll be fine.
Of course wearing a helmet is a no brainer or bring your own if you have room.
I saw George's online, and he seemed reasonable, I will check that place out when I get in.
I always wear gear!
Since you live in Aruba, maybe you could tell me where all the 2 wheels hang out? Wouldn't mind riding with some peeps.
Old Thursday, July 8th, 2010, 09:29 AM

jawz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRosco View Post
I heard the same story about renting 2wheels in Mexico, and didn't have any problems. I am an experienced rider, so that may have had something to do with it, either way I was fine.

I saw George's online, and he seemed reasonable, I will check that place out when I get in.
I always wear gear!
Since you live in Aruba, maybe you could tell me where all the 2 wheels hang out? Wouldn't mind riding with some peeps.
J,
There are motorcycle clubs but not dirt bike clubs that I know of. Urataka pizza host clubs all month long. There is a dirt track down here on the south end of the Island but not sure where. I'll find out. You can ride along the back side of the Island but you have to stay off the dunes and some vegitation areas. I'll try and find out more.
Regards
Old Thursday, July 8th, 2010, 10:53 AM

jawz,
Right on man, I appreciate your info! Basically what I want to do is circle the island on 2 wheels, I figured a dirt bike would be the best way to do it. From the look of the terrain on Google Earth I believe the eastern side is unpaved and looked more like trails than roads? Im figure that would take about a day, depending on if I want to return to certain areas, I will keep the dirt bike, or I may trade it in for a street bike and just cruise around the streets.
I wouldn't mind getting on a dirt track and having some fun!

Thanks!
Jeremy
Old Thursday, July 8th, 2010, 12:30 PM

email sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawz View Post
J,
You can rent Harley's. The IslAND CAN TAKES days TO EXPLORE IF YOU JUST FOLLOW ROADS AIMLESSLY. There is realy no unsafe place. Everyone is friendly when you approach them and show respect for their Island. I've never had a confrontation in 5 years and I go to local places most tourist won't. I pull up to a place and just go in and say the customary "Bon Dia , Bon Tarde or Bon Nonch and ,make eye contact. They appreciate it. Never hesitate to say it and tell them it'st your first time on the Island. They will be more than happy to engage converstion with you and guide you around to good places. Always let them know how much you appreciate the Island and people. Just remember as far as a rental goes, you brake it , you pay for it. They all carry high deductables to prevent abuse as many people do abuse rentals. San Nicholas at night is a little "Dicey" if you are not familiar as to where to park and other things. Best to visit there with someone from here or go to Charlies Bar and get advice from the bar tenders, they will steer you in the right direction. You can park the bike on the sidewalk across the street in front of the bar where it will be safe and exposed to bar and patrons. Driving late at night is dangerous as having a good time is paramount on Aruba , if you know what I mean. Expect the unexpecteded at all times. Be safe and enjoy , just use comon sense like anywhere you travel. It's their country , not ours.
Have fun