Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Sunday, May 4th, 2008, 05:00 PM

tombo4357 is on a distinguished road
Default Questions about Divi Aruba Phoenix

I was wondering where the studio unit 804 is located in the Towers? Looking at the resort from the ocean is it on the right or left? Does this unit have a good view of the ocean and/or the sunset? Does anyone have a map showing the resort layout? Will the new buildings block the view of unit 804? Has the Phoenix towers and unit 804 been renovated yet and is there an assessment coming? Are these studios of decent size or cramped and small? Is the balcony of decent size? Is this resort a good place to stay?

I am sorry to ask so many questions but I know there are people here that can help me with my sight unseen purchase decision. Any other advice or information would be appreciated as I am looking at buying this unit resale and I have never even been to the Island of Aruba, much less the Divi Phoenix Towers.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, May 4th, 2008, 05:15 PM

sbatjc is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Questions about Divi Aruba Phoenix

Hey Tom,

Welcome to the board. When you asked the question about the unit, the number reminded me that I was bidding against you on Ebay. HaHa funny! Congratulations!!! If I had won I would of been asking the same questions. Again welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombo4357 View Post
I was wondering where the studio unit 804 is located in the Towers? Looking at the resort from the ocean is it on the right or left? Does this unit have a good view of the ocean and/or the sunset? Does anyone have a map showing the resort layout? Will the new buildings block the view of unit 804? Has the Phoenix towers and unit 804 been renovated yet and is there an assessment coming? Are these studios of decent size or cramped and small? Is the balcony of decent size? Is this resort a good place to stay?

I am sorry to ask so many questions but I know there are people here that can help me with my sight unseen purchase decision. Any other advice or information would be appreciated as I am looking at buying this unit resale and I have never even been to the Island of Aruba, much less the Divi Phoenix Towers.
Old Sunday, May 4th, 2008, 05:54 PM

I hope I am going to be glad that I won that auction. I probably should have gotten these answers before I bid, but the price was too good to pass up. I have been trying to trade into Aruba during February for 2 years through RCI with no success. I figured this way I will be able to get Aruba for sure even though it isn't in the time frame I was hoping.

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum in spite of me winning the e-bay bid from you. Tom
Old Sunday, May 4th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

tom, i have no idea what you paid but i can tell you a little about the tower building. my first comment is that if i had a need for a timeshare i would buy in the tower without hesitation. for that matter, i would buy at the phoenix without hesitation. i don't own there but often wish i did. i have rented there and absolutely love it, aways taking the tower above the 5th floor. you will have an amazing view from your balcony and one of the best groups of employees on the island. the only downside is very slow antiquated small elevators but i understand they are planning or had done an update on them.

today i wish i could trade places with you.

Quote:
I hope I am going to be glad that I won that auction. I probably should have gotten these answers before I bid, but the price was too good to pass up. I have been trying to trade into Aruba during February for 2 years through RCI with no success. I figured this way I will be able to get Aruba for sure even though it isn't in the time frame I was hoping.

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum in spite of me winning the e-bay bid from you. Tom
Old Sunday, May 4th, 2008, 11:25 PM

Thanks Sherry.

The reviews I have read are all over the place (some love it, some hate it), so it is good to have you tell me that I did well buying at the Divi Aruba Phoenix. It is a late May early June week which isn't exactly what I was looking for, but the price was too good to pass up. The unit is 8th floor so it is above the 5th floor for a great view thank goodness. My usage doesn't start until 2009 so I guess I will find out for myself then. This seems like a great forum. I will be asking a lot of questions before i go to Aruba for the first time ever next year.
Old Monday, May 5th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Administrator

tom, of the people who stay there, the major beef is peace and quiet. for those who want a party atmosphere, it isn't there. it is a quiet place. nothing wrong with the party atmosphere but for me, i seek the quiet when i am at the beach. i like having a palapa when i want it no matter what time i wake up. i like a maintenance team that when i, as a non owner, called with a problem had a response time that was much better than at the place i own. many of the tower units have not one but two great views. the balcony faces the sunset and the livingroom window faces the sunset or the bird sanctuary.

can you tell i love the place?

Quote:
Thanks Sherry.

The reviews I have read are all over the place (some love it, some hate it), so it is good to have you tell me that I did well buying at the Divi Aruba Phoenix. It is a late May early June week which isn't exactly what I was looking for, but the price was too good to pass up. The unit is 8th floor so it is above the 5th floor for a great view thank goodness. My usage doesn't start until 2009 so I guess I will find out for myself then. This seems like a great forum. I will be asking a lot of questions before i go to Aruba for the first time ever next year.
Old Monday, May 5th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Aruba Expert

droykelly is on a distinguished road

It doesn't look like anyone actually answered your question.............. You'll have a sunset view. Your room is on the Eagle Beach side of the tower.

I will not sit on the porch and watch life go by without participating!
Old Monday, May 5th, 2008, 01:34 PM

divirose is on a distinguished road

Tom: You will love the Phoenix. We have been going for 10 years now. We have stayed at the new Divi Property, the Divi Links and still prefer the lay back quiet atmosphere of the Phoenix. I love being right on the beach and having the ability to walk down the beach on the walkway connecting all the high rise hotels. I own a 3rd floor unit in the villas. So, I'm not sure about the view you have in the towers. I also own in May, we are leaving on Saturday for two weeks. May is a great time to be in Aruba. There are no crowds and you don't have to make reservations every night for dinner.

Hope this helps.
Rose
Old Monday, May 5th, 2008, 06:10 PM

lobe is on a distinguished road

I, too was intersted in this Ebay listing, and e-mailed it to friends ... I would have bid myself if we didn't already own that same exact week elsewhere! Just checked the final price, and boy did you get a steal! Divi Phoenix is Divi's only Aruban high-rise, is right on the water, and being on the 8th floor will be wonderful! Welcome to week 22!
Old Monday, May 5th, 2008, 09:49 PM

Thank everyone so much for welcoming me and answering my questions. Is the sunset side on Eagle beach the preferred side for the best view? I think I read that somehwere.

I purchased this week 22 at the Phoenix for far less than I was willing to pay for that week. I have been trying to buy a reasonably priced week in Aruba for a while and I finally succeeded. I assume week 22 is off season also and not too crowded. I

Thank ya'll for all your help (yes I am from the south).

Tom
Old Tuesday, May 6th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Aruba Expert

droykelly is on a distinguished road

The preferred side / best view is really personal preference. We like to have coffee on the lanai in the morning and rather not be sitting in the sun at that time. We also like to have a drink and watch the sunset and, in addition to the lanai being very convenient, the view from the tower is wonderful.

That said, there are many people who will tell you why the high rise side is better..................

It sounds like you got a great deal. Enjoy it!

I will not sit on the porch and watch life go by without participating!
Old Tuesday, May 6th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Administrator

tom, believe everything droy is telling you. he is totally accurate. whatever you paid under the normal pricing, you got one of the best bargains available.

as to the crowds on week 22, i will let you know in a few weeks since i will be in aruba during that week. from all i know, it is definitely the quiet season.

Quote:
Thank everyone so much for welcoming me and answering my questions. Is the sunset side on Eagle beach the preferred side for the best view? I think I read that somehwere.

I purchased this week 22 at the Phoenix for far less than I was willing to pay for that week. I have been trying to buy a reasonably priced week in Aruba for a while and I finally succeeded. I assume week 22 is off season also and not too crowded. I

Thank ya'll for all your help (yes I am from the south).

Tom
Old Tuesday, May 6th, 2008, 07:47 AM

Thanks Droy. I like having a drink and watching the sunset from my balcony better than watching sunrises while eating breakfast (I don't get up for a lot of sunrises). I am sure I am going to love the view period. From what I hear Aruba has some of the whitest beaches and clearest water there is in the caribbean giving the water that georgeous blue-green color.

Sherry please do let me know what week 22 is like when you get back. I am hoping you report that it is the quiet season. When I was younger the quiet season would be disapointing as I was looking for the crowds of partiers. Now I am looking for relaxation with fewer crowds and less wait to get in the good restaurants and watering holes. In fact some bars with live bands get too loud for me now lol. Have a great time and I look forward to hearing about your trip.
Tom
Old Tuesday, May 6th, 2008, 11:19 AM

arubabob is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Questions about Divi Aruba Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
tom, believe everything droy is telling you. he is totally accurate. whatever you paid under the normal pricing, you got one of the best bargains available.

as to the crowds on week 22, i will let you know in a few weeks since i will be in aruba during that week. from all i know, it is definitely the quiet season.
We have been there in May 4 times. May and September are our favorite months. Dont know about the 1st of June though. When we have gone in May. we havnt even had to make dinner reservations anywhere. Just walk in and sit down, even at MJs. We go before school is out anywhere.
Old Thursday, May 8th, 2008, 01:02 PM

lobe is on a distinguished road

We love week 22 -- about three out of every seven years it includes Memorial Day (like in 2010 and 2011) so you can invite guests for the 3-day holiday weekend, and they don't have to miss school/work ... then you have 4 more days just for yourselves! While your timeshare will be filled with owners, the nearby hotels in the high-rise area will definitely be quieter than during the spring-break times or the summer-jammed-with-children times. Restaurants will be very accomodating, you'll be able to walk to many of them, and you'll have a lot of fun. See you in 2009!
Old Thursday, May 8th, 2008, 07:37 PM

I never thought about Memorial Day week falling during week 22, I thought it was always week 21. I love Memorial Day and 4th of July weeks to vacation so I can save a couple of vacation days for a long weekend later in the year. School is out here by Memorial day but I realize that it is not in most places. I am very glad to hear it is somewhat of an off season with regards to the crowds.
Old Sunday, May 11th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Aruba Expert

DiviAruba is on a distinguished road

http://www.geocities.com/daka630/sho...phxtfp_dir.gif

http://www.geocities.com/daka630/sho...tudiol_dir.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/daka630/show/layouts/4phx.htm

Congrats on your purchase. I bought two weeks at the Divi Village through eBay, Week 11 & Week 14 (Points Week that we use at another time), we always go for Week 11. I have to admit that although I love my Week 11, I doubly love my Week 14 Points. I love the RCI Point system.

Last edited by DiviAruba; Sunday, May 11th, 2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old Sunday, May 11th, 2008, 09:23 PM

Divi Aruba, you really are the Aruba expert!

I have asked for floorplans and resort layout maps on 2 different web sites, and you are the only one who has been able to send them to me. This web page is great and I do appreciate you sending it to me. I looked very hard and I couldn't find this page anywhere. I would love to have a week 11 myself as I was looking for a Feb or March week originally. From the responses here I think I will be very happy with a week 22 and with the Divi Aruba Phoenix.

Once again, thank you very much,

Tom
Old Sunday, May 11th, 2008, 10:38 PM

Arubasun is on a distinguished road

Welcome Tombo,
I just returned from my two weeks at the Phoenix. 4/25-5/10..Been going for 12 years.. NO COMBAT BEACH but not a partying resort at all. Very laid back. To short. First week was fairly busy with people (believe me, not really crowded).. week 2 was very quiet.. palapas open all day but I'm always out at 7:00 anyway.. And you should expect that well into the summer..
This a really laid back resort..I have one week in the towwer (504) and one in a villa (102)..Spent both weeks in teh vulla and quite honestly, the tower is definatly better.. BUT>> the elevators are still TERRIBLE..Two couples that I know were stuck..1 for 5 mins the other for 25mins..
But all in all, another very great trip.. acually found a good car rental too..best rates, get the car at the airport and no surcharge.. Tropic Car renatll.. I emailed last fall.. Not problems at all. Picked it up in front of the departure doors when we left.
Good employees.. Say hello to Chrisene in the Deli..
You made a great purchase enjoy yourself!!
Old Sunday, May 11th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Almost Aruban

charlierat is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I have asked for floorplans and resort layout maps on 2 different web sites, and you are the only one who has been able to send them to me. This web page is great and I do appreciate you sending it to me. I looked very hard and I couldn't find this page anywhere. I would love to have a week 11 myself as I was looking for a Feb or March week originally. From the responses here I think I will be very happy with a week 22 and with the Divi Aruba Phoenix.

Tom
Don't you love this board? I am consistently impressed. Ask and you shall get an answer.
Old Monday, May 12th, 2008, 03:04 PM

daka630 is on a distinguished road

The Phoenix layouts are also available on this board.
Aruba Bulletin Board at VisitAruba.com > Aruba Owners' Corner > Divi Phoenix Resort
Available for some time in the Divitimeshareowners Group & the geocities spot,
it seemed to me that it would be helpful to Divi Phoenix owners/guest that
frequent the visitaruba board.
A Thank You to Sherry for providing the spot on the board.

Last edited by daka630; Monday, May 12th, 2008 at 09:28 PM.
Old Monday, May 12th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Administrator

thank you daka. i just wish i had it for all timeshares. so many times that info is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daka630 View Post
The Phoenix layouts are also available on this board.
Aruba Bulletin Board at VisitAruba.com > Aruba Owners' Corner > Divi Phoenix Resort
Available for some time in the Divitimeshareowners Group & the geocities spot,
it seemed to me that it would be helpful to Divi Phoenix owners/guest that
frequent the visitaruba board.
A Thank You to Sherry for provided the spot on the board.
Old Monday, May 12th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Aruba Expert

DiviAruba is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Tom
As you can tell, it was from dakas site which I have been using for years. Thank him, I only have it saved and saw your message.

Old Thursday, May 15th, 2008, 09:36 PM

Thanks to Arubasun for the review of your trip and for giving me an idea of what the crowds are like this time of year. Thank you Daka, Divi Aruba, and all the other responders who have been so helpful here. This is a great web site and I know as I get closer to my trip next year I will be on this site asking questions and researching daily.

Thanks again,
Tom
Old Friday, May 16th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Aruba Expert

lizzardo is on a distinguished road

My niece is there w/ her hubby and 3 month year old (first great grandchild) to visit us right now and loves it.