Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Tuesday, March 29th, 2005, 05:49 PM

osullys is on a distinguished road
Talking Some More Questions

Hi again,

I've got some more questions for all of you!

Are there any nights where its not as good to go out? For example on the Kukuu Kunuku bus, are there any nights where it is empty?

I keep hearing a lot about the Flying Fishbone? What is so good about it? Do they only have seafood there?

The visitaruba discount card, for $10. Is it worth it? Is there something that is better than it?

I think that was all the questions I had for now!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, March 29th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Some More Questions

well, i don't know the answers to the first 2 things but i certainly know the answer to the last. a few years ago someone called me the walking talking poster girl for the visit aruba card. i have been purchasing it since the first year. every year we have saved quite a bit of money. it depends on what we are doing that year as to how much but we have used it for free breakfasts when we stayed at manchebo, car rental, my husband's scuba diving, and quite a few restaurants. last august there were only 100 or so businesses associated with it and now there are over 150. if you look at my trip report from last august you can get an idea how we used it.

http://tripreports.visitaruba.com/dy...ARTICLE_ID=502

Quote:
Originally Posted by osullys
Hi again,

I've got some more questions for all of you!

Are there any nights where its not as good to go out? For example on the Kukuu Kunuku bus, are there any nights where it is empty?

I keep hearing a lot about the Flying Fishbone? What is so good about it? Do they only have seafood there?

The visitaruba discount card, for $10. Is it worth it? Is there something that is better than it?

I think that was all the questions I had for now!
Old Tuesday, March 29th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Aruba Expert

aprillove is on a distinguished road

The Flying Fisbone is alllll about atmosphere..the food is pretty good too..they have beef as well....
Old Tuesday, March 29th, 2005, 08:28 PM

frankPhilly is on a distinguished road

They also have a vegetarian dish that was marvelous.
Old Tuesday, March 29th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Almost Aruban

Corrine is on a distinguished road

Denise -

Definitely take Sherry's suggestion and check out the website for the VisitAruba card. I have used it every year and never regretted getting it.

The Flying Fishbone has a wonderful atmosphere - just gorgeous. They have steak as well as seafood. It is definitely expensive. I thought when I went last year, the food was better than before.

The Kukuu bus is never empty when I see it going down the road! I don't think you will have a problem of an empty bus. The website may have any blackout nights.

Have fun!

Old Wednesday, March 30th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Almost Aruban

kevin d is on a distinguished road

Visitaruba card is a staple for us, the cost is made up for the first time you use it, and you can use it again and again. Sherry's trip report is a perfect example of how you can really save with it. Don't forget to take the Little Switzerland bag at the airport, lots of coupons inside.

Never done the kk bus - we do our drinking in the beach bar or on our terrace.

Flying Fishbone is a very nice spot, great sunset view and barefoot dining at sunset with the water lapping at your toes. Make a res for 6ish so you can be seated close to the water and beat the sunset. The food can be excellent, or can be overrated (for the price) - we've had both experiences. Loren loves the veggie roll, I always get seafood.