Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010, 06:17 PM

denhuck is on a distinguished road
Default Storm Track...

What is going on with the storm track. In Aruba weeks 38 & 39 and never saw so much rain. And from what I see and hear, the storms have just kept coming. Has the traditional track moved south, and is this a sign of things to come? I look at the radar shots of the area and see one storm after another coming off the African coast and headed straight for Venezuela and the ABC Islands. I feel bad for all the vacationers this season.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010, 07:13 PM
Aruba Expert

PhoenixGirl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Storm Track...

After 5 weeks of bad weather in September and early October, it cleared for the two weeks we were there from October 9-23. Not a hint of rain. Nothing but gorgoeus sunny days.

After we left it got a little cloudy and then Tomas came along. Even though storms like that (and Omar two years ago) pass to the north and don't strike directly, the disruptive weather system affects Aruba and there's a lot of rain and wind and cloudy waters.
Old Thursday, November 4th, 2010, 04:18 PM

arubabob is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Storm Track...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixGirl View Post
After 5 weeks of bad weather in September and early October, it cleared for the two weeks we were there from October 9-23. Not a hint of rain. Nothing but gorgoeus sunny days.

After we left it got a little cloudy and then Tomas came along. Even though storms like that (and Omar two years ago) pass to the north and don't strike directly, the disruptive weather system affects Aruba and there's a lot of rain and wind and cloudy waters.
We arrived on Oct 3 and had a monsoon on monday Oct 4, rain and clouds on Oct 5, clouds and no breeze on Oct 6 and then sunshine for the rest of our stay through Oct 15. Wish we had known you were there. Coulda had a few somewhere. We were told that a low pressure system had been stalled over Venezuela for a month and was causing the storms to keep tracking over Aruba. Dont know if thats true or not. Do know that we saw more rain on that monday than we have seen all together in our other 12 trips.
Old Thursday, November 4th, 2010, 05:33 PM

LisaK is on a distinguished road

We just returned home from Aruba yesterday. From last Tuesday until Sunday, the weather was pretty typical for October -- hot, very little wind, beautiful warm ocean. Monday turned out to be a bit of a washout, although it stopped raining very late in the afternoon. Tuesday was similar to Monday, rained cats and dogs early in the day and but cleared enough to give us a couple of hours of overcast but pleasant time to sit on the beach for our last afternoon. That said, the humidity was opressive Tuesday night. It was raining like hell when we got up to drive to the airport early yesterday morning. After what people experienced in September, I feel fortunate we had the amount of nice weather that we did. It was a nice trip
Old Thursday, November 4th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

lisa, i can't believe it's over already! thank goodness you had more sun than rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaK View Post
We just returned home from Aruba yesterday. From last Tuesday until Sunday, the weather was pretty typical for October -- hot, very little wind, beautiful warm ocean. Monday turned out to be a bit of a washout, although it stopped raining very late in the afternoon. Tuesday was similar to Monday, rained cats and dogs early in the day and but cleared enough to give us a couple of hours of overcast but pleasant time to sit on the beach for our last afternoon. That said, the humidity was opressive Tuesday night. It was raining like hell when we got up to drive to the airport early yesterday morning. After what people experienced in September, I feel fortunate we had the amount of nice weather that we did. It was a nice trip
Old Thursday, November 4th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Aruba Expert

ArubaMary is on a distinguished road

Lisa, welcome home. You had better weather than alot of people who went in September.
Old Saturday, November 13th, 2010, 08:13 PM

lindaspooky is on a distinguished road

we just got back last night, we were there there from Oct 29. Had some rain the first few days, water was much warmer than we remember. Tomas created some pretty big waves on palm beach. Had lunch last friday at Bugaloe and the waves were coming over the end of the pier and splashing us from under neath as they rolled in. On Saturday the pier was closed and was still closed when we left yesterday. boards from the end of the pier came loose and floated away. By Tuesday the weather improved. We still didn't miss a day on the beach. Will post a report and pics in a couple of days.

Linda

[/url]
Old Saturday, November 13th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Aruba Expert

ArubaMary is on a distinguished road

Welcome home Linda-----glad to hear you had a marvelous time. I'm looking forward to your trip report and pictures. Thanks in advance.
Old Sunday, November 14th, 2010, 11:31 AM

NYLady is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArubaMary View Post
Lisa, welcome home. You had better weather than alot of people who went in September.

That's for sure! We were there for 3 weeks and had 3 days of sun. Occasionally, when the pouring rain stopped for an hour we could go out for a swim because thick dark cloudy skies represented such an improvement. Then it would start pouring again. We couldn't even go shopping much because the roads flooded so quickly. With all the rain and the grounds saturated, within 5 minutes of the rain starting up again the roads started to flood.

We'll try again in January...
Old Sunday, November 14th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road

This is some pretty bizarre weather for Aruba - that's for sure. I know it can rain a little more this time of year, but this year was downright record breaking. Yet everyone who experienced this uncommon weather had one thing in common - they still managed to say they had a good trip. Bravo!

Old Sunday, November 14th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Almost Aruban

ruba4ever is on a distinguished road

Ro...how true that the weather has been quite unusual this year. And I for one was one of the unlucky ones that experienced some of the worst weather we ever had. But....you are in charge of your own destiny and make your own fun....or not. I chose to make the most of my time regardless of what mother nature had in store. I just know that next year will be better than ever.....glass half full kinda person I guess.....and to all that are going soon....have a great trip no matter what the weather.....
ruba

Old Monday, November 15th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road

You are so right, you are in charge of your own destiny and make your own fun. And you rose above the bad weather and chose to make the most of it. That's what I call, "living large"!! And I plan to live large right to my very last breath.