Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Wednesday, February 6th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Almost Aruban

donnie is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island We need an update!

Elaine or Mary:

How are you two handling the sun, sand, swimming and yes, even drinking?!

Let us know how you are doing and if anything new is happening.

I need my Aruba fix in a major way!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, February 7th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: We need an update!

Hi don...

Everything here's wonderful. Weather is perfect!

Kinda laying low since I've had some back and neck issues since before I left home. Hoping the salt water and sun helps me to heal.

Lots of talk here about people arriving and leaving this weekend with the snow storm that supposed to hit.

This island is truly paradise!
Old Sunday, February 10th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Aruba Expert

ArubaMary is on a distinguished road
Default Re: We need an update!

Good morning Donnie,
I had misplaced my password but am all set now. We are beginning our second week in Aruba. The weather has been perfect and the sea calm. As always it is nice to see the same friends who are here at this time. Yesterday was "room change" day. I change each week, but it is no problem---I travel light and my units are close. The shopping/dining area at Alhambra is beautiful. It's so nice walking through there at night---beautifully decorated and lit. The mini-market is a nice addition. Last night I went there, had a half chicken and fries---$6.99---ate at the tables set up in front of the market. Yesterday I was online with family at home in Massachusetts----checking in on house conditions, etc.
Old Sunday, February 10th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Almost Aruban

ruba4ever is on a distinguished road

Elaine and Mary...

So glad to hear from you both. I can't believe it's been a week since you got there...

Anyway...happy that the weather is cooperating and all is well. Elaine, I hope your neck feels better...let the sun and sea and good will just take all the pain away.

Mary, is there any chance you can post a picture (either here or on FB) of the new area at the Alhambra? I can't wait to see it. We usually go down there at least a couple times during our visit.

Enjoy.....enjoy...enjoy......and check in when you can....we are all living vicariously through you both....

ruba

Old Tuesday, February 12th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Almost Aruban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
Hi don...

Everything here's wonderful. Weather is perfect!

Kinda laying low since I've had some back and neck issues since before I left home. Hoping the salt water and sun helps me to heal.

Lots of talk here about people arriving and leaving this weekend with the snow storm that supposed to hit.

This island is truly paradise!
I am glad that the weather is cooperating Elaine. I know for me, the sun always loosens the muscles and makes you feel a little better. A drink or two will also help!
Old Tuesday, February 12th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Almost Aruban

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArubaMary View Post
Good morning Donnie,
I had misplaced my password but am all set now. We are beginning our second week in Aruba. The weather has been perfect and the sea calm. As always it is nice to see the same friends who are here at this time. Yesterday was "room change" day. I change each week, but it is no problem---I travel light and my units are close. The shopping/dining area at Alhambra is beautiful. It's so nice walking through there at night---beautifully decorated and lit. The mini-market is a nice addition. Last night I went there, had a half chicken and fries---$6.99---ate at the tables set up in front of the market. Yesterday I was online with family at home in Massachusetts----checking in on house conditions, etc.
Mary - I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the weather! Since we stay at the Tamarijn, I am glad to hear that the shops at Alhambra are open again and that they have spruced up the place. Enjoy the rerst of your vacation and check in when you can to fill us in on the exploits of you and Elaine!!
Old Friday, February 22nd, 2013, 05:36 PM
Aruba Expert

captmorgnsgrl is on a distinguished road

So happy to hear about the Alhambra Mall. It was in need of repair and revamping. It will be nice to stroll around the mall in the evening and maybe purchase a few things. They ask us at the ABC to purchase at our resort, but sometimes you have to find the deals. I wonder if the same family still owns the two little gift shops that were in the old mall?

Old Friday, February 22nd, 2013, 08:10 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: We need an update!

Suzie... the few stores in there are nothing like the little trinket stores. These stores are higher end, along with the market, Fusion, Ginger, Juan Valdez Coffee Shop, Subway, Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robins. Diamonds International hasn't opened yet. While I think the shopping center's lovely, I miss the little souvenier shops.