Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Friday, December 3rd, 2004, 12:26 PM

CAROL A is on a distinguished road
Post weather in Aruba

I have heard from many visitors coming home from Aruba that it rained almost daily for the past few months. Is this typical weather in the fall Sept-Nov.?
What is typical weather for this time period as we have considered going next year during these months.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Friday, December 3rd, 2004, 01:18 PM

arubalover is on a distinguished road
Default Re: weather in Aruba

Carol A,
Aruba doesn"t have typical weather patterns. It depends on the winds and tropical pressures. A good source of the weather is on website
www.wunderground.com/global/stations/78982.html
Hope this helps you for the current time and also the future.
Aruba lover
Old Friday, December 3rd, 2004, 01:19 PM

EDDIE1 is on a distinguished road

We arrived on November 19th and returned home November 30th.

It rained an average of 15 minutes everyday, mostly in the morning and at night.
The rest of the day, it was great, a few clouds, but mostly sunny. in Aruba you need to get a few clouds, or you will bake and get burned.

We had all the sun we needed to get great tans. The last two days we were there the sun was out all day and it was a little on the hot side.

From what I heard, the week before we arrived it was almost always cloudy and rainy, we had no such problem the ten days we were there it was almost perfect!

Anywhere you go on vacation, you are a slave to the weather, in Aruba your odds are, you will get all the sun you need, and it is always warm with a nice breeze.
Old Friday, December 3rd, 2004, 04:48 PM
Aruba Expert

Sandra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAROL A
I have heard from many visitors coming home from Aruba that it rained almost daily for the past few months. Is this typical weather in the fall Sept-Nov.?
What is typical weather for this time period as we have considered going next year during these months.
Past few months?? Wow!! No it has rained a lot for two weeks after which the third week we had rain regularly. It hasn't rained any more for the past few days, but it is the rainy season so you never know if we get another shower.

My mother remembers similar weather (two weeks of almost constant rain) back in 1962. I remember some weather like this in 1984 which then was only one week. And now this year. Looks like we get bad weather every 22 years or so.

But I must say that this year has been rather wet. The beauty of it is that the island has never been greener. A few days ago I walked into my back yard ( I have a rather big backyard) and I really can't get there anymore without chopping myself a way through all the grass and weeds, but when I got back there I found heaven. An enormous amount of flowers and plants and butterflies. I saw 5 different kinds of butterflies in my back yard!! Absolutely amazing!
Old Saturday, December 4th, 2004, 02:38 PM

Stefa is on a distinguished road

The best source for Aruba weather is:

http://www.bucuticam.com/index.html

I check it every day. On the rare occasions when it is cloudy, it is still very beautiful and inviting.

Six more days.....