Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba Restaurant Reviews

Aruba Restaurant Reviews For new aruba restaurants reviews or to post a new review click here. To view archived reviews click here.

View Poll Results: Texas De Brazil
poor 5 7.58%
average 5 7.58%
good 11 16.67%
very good 16 24.24%
excellent 29 43.94%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old Tuesday, June 7th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil

tell us what you think. vote and/or write a comment.
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, June 14th, 2005, 11:21 AM

oldguy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Texas de Brazil

Last year was the first time we visited TDB and were pleasantly surprised. I know this is a chain but we really enjoyed our meal. Great if you are on the south beach diet . My only regret was eating too much at the food bar and not waiting for the meat of the matter.
Old Friday, June 17th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Almost Aruban

elisabeth_nj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldguy
Last year was the first time we visited TDB and were pleasantly surprised. I know this is a chain but we really enjoyed our meal. Great if you are on the south beach diet . My only regret was eating too much at the food bar and not waiting for the meat of the matter.
We learned that lesson the first time there! Now we take it easy at the Salad Bar and enjoy all the meats...if we still want salad we go back and get some. I happen to love salad with my meals.
Old Saturday, June 18th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Aruba Expert

blenchi is on a distinguished road

I like Amazonia better. Lived in Brazil maybe thats why.
Share with Facebook
Old Monday, August 1st, 2005, 12:38 AM

KarenAG is on a distinguished road

Hi. We went to Texas de Brazil last year and there were 7 of us. We all loved it. This year we went and there were only 3 of us and we went to Amazonia-(per a recommendation on this website from someone from Brazil).

We were very dissapointed. The salad bar was just like Charlie Brown's steakhouse chain but with rice, beans, and beef stroganoff (? Brazilian food) added to the salad bar. The meat was in smaller pieces, which is great so you can try all of them, however, they were all overdone and dry. Even the rare lamb chop I ordered was tough and not very tasty.

We would definitely go to Texas de Brazil again-even though some of us don't like texas rather than Amazonia. Sorry.
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, December 16th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Aruba Expert

Eagle-Beach Boy is on a distinguished road

We found the Meat too salty and not a flavourful as Amazonia. We also thought the salad bar was better at Amazonia also.

Share with Facebook
Old Friday, December 16th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Administrator

eagle, i know this may seem a dumb question but if you aren't a really big eater is it even worth it to go to amazonia or texas de brazil? i'm contemplating going there next visit but neither murray nor i really make a dent in all you can eat places. is the food at either that much better than french steakhouse, rio, or one of those that it would be worth it to us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-Beach Boy
We found the Meat too salty and not a flavourful as Amazonia. We also thought the salad bar was better at Amazonia also.
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, December 16th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Aruba Expert

Eagle-Beach Boy is on a distinguished road

I would say NO if you are not a big eater.

We have only gone to these places with another couple as a night out.

We do prefer going to a proper restaurant for a good meal.

Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, January 15th, 2006, 01:06 AM

kpat73 is on a distinguished road
Angry Re: Texas de Brazil

terrible service. absolutely the worst service i have ever encountered in any restaurant i have ever eaten in, be it in north america, the south pacific, europe, middle east, canada, mexico, numerous islands in caribbean, spain, germany, italy, etc... i whole heartedly advise against dining here.

just to give you an idea of why i hate this establishment so much: i asked to be seated. the waitress seated us, but did not come back for 10 minutes. when she finally came, she took our order, but after that, we did not see her again for 45 more minutes. the best part was when she finally came back 25 minutes later, with a bill that included a 15% gratuity. i loved this part: despite the fact that i did 't have a drink for more than an hour throughout my dinner, and that i chose the salad bar option, i was still charged a 15% gratuity for no service whatsoever. then, to top it off, when the bill came back after i handed my card to the waitress, it had another space on it for a tip as well. i guess serving yourself (and i mena totally, completely, serving yourself without even the slightest bit of assistance from the wait staff) at a $25 salad bar, and then being forced to give a 15% gratuity for ZERO % service is par for the course in this restaurant. this place is completely bushleague. go to mcdonalds before wasting your money on this dump.
Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, January 15th, 2006, 05:30 PM

Summer is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Texas de Brazil

The hubby and I visited TDB in August. The food was outstanding....if you can stomach all that meat. The service was so-so. All in all, it was pretty good.
Share with Facebook
Old Monday, January 16th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Almost Aruban

kevin d is on a distinguished road

Oh man, I'm willing to trade so-so service for more outstanding meat than I can stomach. Bring it on! We'll be there this Sept - if kpat73 hasn't burned it down by then, that is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer
The hubby and I visited TDB in August. The food was outstanding....if you can stomach all that meat. The service was so-so. All in all, it was pretty good.
Old Monday, February 6th, 2006, 04:58 PM

LearJet9 is on a distinguished road

though we are not big eaters we gave it a try. The food was very good, but the service was not acceptable. We would go back, but overall value for the price will rule out another trip to TDB.
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, February 7th, 2006, 01:53 AM

marpertex is on a distinguished road

We went around 8:30 pm without a reservation the first week in Nov. Although the restaurant was only about 1/3 full, we were told there would be a 60-90 wait. Said no thank you and decided to go somewhere else. Drove by the Rio and decided to give it a try. Best decision we could have made.
Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, March 4th, 2006, 04:13 PM

Theresa is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Texas de Brazil

It Is My Favorate Place And I Only Eat The Salad Bar. There Is So Much On It That I Don';t Need The Rest. But We Are A Group Of 11 Next Week And They Will Enjoy The Whole Meal. It's Nice That All Of Us Love The Place. And The Area. Never Had A Proble With The Service. Can't Please Everyone That Is Why We Have Menuscounting The Days, One Week Theresa
Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, March 26th, 2006, 10:51 AM

mshyflyer is on a distinguished road

We found this restaurant to be on the so-so scale. A lot of hype, but all in the party decided the meal wasn't worth the expense. The salad bar was wonderful, if I ever went back, would have to consider doing just the bar. As for the meat - we ended not eating any of the ribs they brought - looked to still be half raw. The beef was on the tough side, even the medium rare slices we asked for. We would not do it again, at least not in Aruba, and unfortunately probably not in the U.S.
Share with Facebook
Old Monday, March 27th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Aruba Expert

susanna is on a distinguished road

We ate there twice in March. Once there were 4 of us, then just Hubby and myslf for my birthday. We had 25% and 2/1 coupons respectively for our meals, which made a big difference in the price! The two times that we were there, the food was delicious, service plentiful and great. For my birthday they brought me a huge slice of the BEST chocolate cake I have ever eaten. It was made with dark, au lait, and white chocolate...sublime!!!!
I would have found it too expensive without the coupons.
The salad bar is very varied, and their shrimp in sauce is wonderful. I would recommend this resturant, but sign up on their web site first for coupons!
Share with Facebook
Old Monday, March 27th, 2006, 07:14 PM

Theresa is on a distinguished road

Our group really like it. I only have the salad bar because I don't eat beef but it is really good and the rest of the group get their fill. I think you get your monies worth. We go every visit. Theresa
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, August 22nd, 2006, 07:43 AM
Administrator

another 10 on my list. i am not one for all you can eat places. i love them because they give so much variety but i can never justify the cost since i am a one plate for salad and one plate for substance foods type of person. however, even i was impressed and a little sick from overeating.

the salad bar has no touch with the salad bars we are used to. it had things i had never seen and after tasting many of them i want them on all salad bars. the meats were also amazing. i prefer mine medium and they tend to cook them rare to medium rare. however, if you say anything they run to cook it more for you and bring back portions that are more than humans can eat.

3 of us made the mistake of ordering dessert. a mistake only because it was so good and our stomachs wouldn't allow us to finish them. key lime pie, chocolate mousse cake and carrot cake were all a delight.

one point that disturbs me and shouldn't happen. a place like that should never charge for refills on beverages. i have been to the best and worst places in several countries and that is something that bothers me the few times it happens. if they are going to charge you, don't ask if you want a refill. ask if you want another beverage. note on the menu that refills cost and never charge the full amount for a refill. it is a sign of cheapness.

thanks are due to carol for mentioning that their website gives you an opportunity to sign up for their club. that gives you 25% off of the bill.

before discounts, the bill for 4 was $202 plus 15% service charge.
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, August 22nd, 2006, 09:08 AM
Almost Aruban

elisabeth_nj is on a distinguished road

I'm so glad you liked this place Sherry. We've loved it for years. Gotten pricey but as you said with that 25% off it makes it all better!

You didn't try their Sangria??? Its the bomb!!!
Old Wednesday, September 20th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Almost Aruban

kevin d is on a distinguished road

Went to TdB for my first time last week, and LOVED it! I went with Daphne and Mark and Mariza, and spent over 3 hours enjoying the yummy meat - it just keeps coming! I made sure not to fill up on the salad bar, but I did sneak a few pieces of that delicious cheesy bread (YUM!). I loved all the meat except for the lamb - but Mariza made up for that by eating about 30 pounds of it.

As Sherry said, if you want it cooked more (or less) rare just say so and they'll be right back with a different skewer for you. Oh, that filet wrapped in bacon !

With four of us, a few drinks, and no knowledge of the 25% discount, the bill was a whopping $240. Eye-popping for sure, but at least I had a belly-popping meal for the money. Tastiest meat I've ever eaten, and I'll definitely be back.
Old Tuesday, December 12th, 2006, 04:35 PM

rocheles is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Texas de Brazil

We also went to TDB last February. There was 6 of us.
I could not eat. Everything tasted the same-SALTY-
The salad bar made up for everything. It was wonderful.
That was a meal for me. My husband felt the same.
The other 2 couples, much younger than us thought
it was great. What can I say. I love Aruba.
Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, December 16th, 2006, 08:37 AM

mishugana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabeth_nj View Post
I'm so glad you liked this place Sherry. We've loved it for years. Gotten pricey but as you said with that 25% off it makes it all better!

You didn't try their Sangria??? Its the bomb!!!
What are the prices for Amazoniona and Texas ?

How do you get the 25% ?

Which is closer to the Mill Resort?
Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, December 16th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Administrator

hi mish and great name!

http://www.fishbowl.com/clt/tdb/lp/join/join.asp

remember not to sign up until less than 30 days before the visit and they will send you a discount certificate good for 30 days.

they are both fairly close to the mill and they are approximately $40-50 per person. if you are big eaters or have a discount certificate then it is a great deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishugana View Post
What are the prices for Amazoniona and Texas ?

How do you get the 25% ?

Which is closer to the Mill Resort?
Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, December 21st, 2006, 04:43 AM

kidaruba is on a distinguished road

The brother-in-law likes the place, not one of my favorites. Though it was one of my better trips as we were seated next to the door where they bring the meat out. With or without the coupon I think the place is over priced and over rated.
Share with Facebook
Old Monday, July 16th, 2007, 06:39 PM

Smoke8r is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Texas de Brazil

Family of 4 (2/2) no alcohol.... 159 american . However, If I were in Aruba again, I wouldn't hesitate to return. The food was tremendous, and the service was superior to anything bar none.
Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, October 10th, 2007, 09:45 PM

mambo is on a distinguished road

My wife and I ate there while we were on vacation in Sept. I had read some of the resturant reports on the BB. We had never eaten there before and decided to try it this time. I can honestly say this is one of the biggest ripoffs on the island. The meat wasn't that good, the service was
average and all the hype about the salad bar is way overblown. Sure they do have a lot of stuff on the salad bar, but for the price it just isn't worth it. Do yourself a favor and take that money and go to Madam Janette's or one of our favorites the La Trattoria, you won't regret it.
Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, October 11th, 2007, 07:48 AM

ARUBA777 is on a distinguished road

There Was Alot Of Food But I Thought The Food Quality Was Average At Best. For That Kind Of Money I Want To Be Waited On In A Nicer Restaurant.
Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, October 11th, 2007, 11:39 AM

jml43 is on a distinguished road

We've only been once, and the experience and food were wonderful. The salad bar had everything! I'm not sure we'd go back, it was way too much food for me....and I kept forgetting to turn my sign over to red!

Share with Facebook
Old Friday, February 8th, 2008, 04:38 PM

divirose is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know the price of this restaurant? Is it a set price for dinner or can you order ala cart?
Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, February 9th, 2008, 12:42 AM

bt0510 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by divirose View Post
Does anyone know the price of this restaurant? Is it a set price for dinner or can you order ala cart?
It is a set price. At least I've been there 4 or 5 times and have never seen a menu, except for wine.

It's $44.99 I believe. Might be $49.99.
Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, February 9th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Administrator

yes, it's a set price but they also had, it may have changed now, a set price for only their salad bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt0510 View Post
It is a set price. At least I've been there 4 or 5 times and have never seen a menu, except for wine.

It's $44.99 I believe. Might be $49.99.
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, February 12th, 2008, 10:24 AM

divirose is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the help, I'll try and get the coupons before I leave in May.
Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, April 30th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Aruba Expert

susanna is on a distinguished road

I had received a coupon 2/1 for my birthday, and this coupon expired April 6. We arrived on the island the 5th, but our luggage (with coupon) arrived on the 7th. I called the restaurant and asked if they would still take the coupon on the 9th...which they did. This was an excellent meal, the meat was so good, and the salad bar had lots of choice! I don't know if we would go w/o the coupon (we're cheap!) but we did enjoy this meal. The service was excellent as well. The manager stopped by our table and chatted with us a couple of moments.
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, October 30th, 2009, 02:49 AM

SunSeeker is on a distinguished road

The same principle like Amazonia. If you like meat, this is the place.
We were with 4 people. The other couple has never been in this kind of restaurant before. So we told them to take it easy at the salad bar. The salad bar was nice. Plenty of choice. But I think it was not that special. I prefer the salad bar at Amazoniaís. The meat was excellent. Enough choice and really tasty. The service was excellent, and the restaurant had a special appearance. We had a table outside and I can recommend that.
Overall Texas is a great restaurant. Not unique and not the best. Just good. If you like this restaurant you like Amazonia too.
Old Friday, October 30th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Administrator

sunseeker, what is the difference in the salads? i've been to tdb but never amazonia. which do you prefer for the meat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSeeker View Post
The same principle like Amazonia. If you like meat, this is the place.
We were with 4 people. The other couple has never been in this kind of restaurant before. So we told them to take it easy at the salad bar. The salad bar was nice. Plenty of choice. But I think it was not that special. I prefer the salad bar at Amazoniaís. The meat was excellent. Enough choice and really tasty. The service was excellent, and the restaurant had a special appearance. We had a table outside and I can recommend that.
Overall Texas is a great restaurant. Not unique and not the best. Just good. If you like this restaurant you like Amazonia too.
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, October 30th, 2009, 08:14 AM

SunSeeker is on a distinguished road

For the meat, I like the tenderloin and the steak. Who donít.. For the salad, I think the salad bar at Amazoniaís is more extensive than like the salad bar at Texas. The difference? I really donít know. I have been to Amazoniaís for 4 times and to Texas for 3 times. I think the environment of Texas is better. Nicer location, if you can sit outside. But I think Amazonia has the better kitchen. For the best comparison you should visit them two nights in a row. Maybe this December when I am on the Island.
Old Friday, October 30th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Administrator

i agree on the meat. tenderloin is my all time. i need to try amazonia. we've never been there. i sure wish it was december but no way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSeeker View Post
For the meat, I like the tenderloin and the steak. Who donít.. For the salad, I think the salad bar at Amazoniaís is more extensive than like the salad bar at Texas. The difference? I really donít know. I have been to Amazoniaís for 4 times and to Texas for 3 times. I think the environment of Texas is better. Nicer location, if you can sit outside. But I think Amazonia has the better kitchen. For the best comparison you should visit them two nights in a row. Maybe this December when I am on the Island.
Share with Facebook