Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Divi Phoenix Resort

Divi Phoenix Resort This Forum is for Divi Phoenix Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Monday, May 11th, 2009, 09:05 PM

tombo4357 is on a distinguished road
Default Construction update on Divi Site

"Contruction Notice: The Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort will begin construction on the new lobby May 11, 2009. Jack hammering to the area may occur for a 4 week period. We apologize for the inconvenience, but look forward to yet another addition to the property.
Attention: One of the two elevators in the original main tower will be down for repair for approximately 3 months beginning May 15th."

I can live with the jackhammering, but only having one elevator in the tower working could be a problem.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 09:31 AM

Rich216 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Construction update on Divi Site

Re/ being on site week 12, I realized it was only a matter of time they would be starting the new lobby. However, I am curious, if they've at least completed the jacuzzi and also the kidde pool projects before starting the lobby. As far as the elevator situation....only the one small elevator that was operational was in building B, once on our floor level , we had to walk through the conected hallway to get to our building C....wasn't really such a big issue or concern.....as I was probably the only person who prefered the stairwell !
Old Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich216 View Post
Re/ being on site week 12, I realized it was only a matter of time they would be starting the new lobby. However, I am curious, if they've at least completed the jacuzzi and also the kidde pool projects before starting the lobby. As far as the elevator situation....only the one small elevator that was operational was in building B, once on our floor level , we had to walk through the conected hallway to get to our building C....wasn't really such a big issue or concern.....as I was probably the only person who prefered the stairwell !
I will update on the jacuzzi and kids pool when I return in 4 weeks.

You are talking about the elevators in the Villas. The elevator they are talking about is in the original tower. From what I understand there was often a considerable wait in the tower for an elevator when both were operational. I don't mind a stairwell in most cases, but I am on the 8th floor. In the overall scheme of things it doesn't really matter because I am going on vacation and I will be happy as long as I can get up to my room at night to sleep and back down to the pool in the morning.

I guess I will have to carry a cooler with me at all times to make sure that I return to the room as little as possible. I can fill it with beer and mixed drinks. I might not have a cooler that big. It might be best if I just go ahead and reserve a swim up stool at the bar for the week.

Last edited by tombo4357; Tuesday, May 12th, 2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

tom, we have been there when only one elevator was operating. it was barely a pain. the wait was 3-5 minutes at its worst. the only days it was a problem was check in or check out with luggage. that took some time because the elevators are small so one room gets to vacate at a time. even then it was no more than about a 15 minute wait which is no big deal. that gives you the chance to go back to your room which is 5-10 yards at most from the elevator and check it one last time, lol.

remember that there are not that many units on any floor so not that many people traveling up and down. the tower isn't expansive. it is tall and narrow.

honestly, i would stay there in a heartbeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombo4357 View Post
I will update on the jacuzzi and kids pool when I return in 4 weeks.

You are talking about the elevators in the Villas. The elevator they are talking about is in the original tower. From what I understand there was often a considerable wait in the tower for an elevator when both were operational. I don't mind a stairwell in most cases, but I am on the 8th floor. I am going on vacation and I will be happy as long as I can get up to my room at night to sleep and back down to the pool in the morning.

I guess I will have to carry a cooler with me at all times to make sure that I return to the room as little as possible. I can fill it with beer and mixed drinks. It might be best if I just go ahead and reserve a swim up stool at the bar for the week.
Old Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
tom, we have been there when only one elevator was operating. it was barely a pain. the wait was 3-5 minutes at its worst. the only days it was a problem was check in or check out with luggage. that took some time because the elevators are small so one room gets to vacate at a time. even then it was no more than about a 15 minute wait which is no big deal. that gives you the chance to go back to your room which is 5-10 yards at most from the elevator and check it one last time, lol.

remember that there are not that many units on any floor so not that many people traveling up and down. the tower isn't expansive. it is tall and narrow.

honestly, i would stay there in a heartbeat.
Thanks so much!! I was worried, but now I feel much better. Heck I am staying there if none of the elevators work. I have my reservations, my plane tickets, and I am ready to go whether they have an elevator or whether they make me climb scaffolding to get to my room.

3-5 minute wait is nothing, and a 15 minute wait on check-in check-out is something I am accustomed to at many resorts. Now if they can just jackhammer with some rythym so we can dance to the jackhammer beat, everything will be great.
Old Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Administrator

tom i can honestly say i am completely jealous. you are going to my favorite resort in my favorite month for aruba. meanwhile, if you look at my ticker you will see i have a while to wait and i won't be staying at the phoenix.

Quote:
Thanks so much!! I was worried, but now I feel much better. Heck I am staying there if none of the elevators work. I have my reservations, my plane tickets, and I am ready to go whether they have an elevator or whether they make me climb scaffolding to get to my room.

3-5 minute wait is nothing, and a 15 minute wait on check-in check-out is something I am accustomed to at many resorts. Now if they can just jackhammer with some rythym so we can dance to the jackhammer beat, everything will be great.
Old Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 05:00 PM

Pappy Mentos is on a distinguished road

I read elsewhere that work was ongoing at the jacuzzi and that the swim-up bar was emptied of all of the water-I wonder if the plumbing was connected to the jacuzzi? Later reports had the swim-up bar re-opened but no mention of the jacuzzi.
I also hope they have completed both the jacuzzi and the kiddie pool before they started work on the lobby. Hopefully they'll also dredge the water of the seaweed and fill in the sand on the beach as they promised.
Old Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 07:21 PM

Arubasun is on a distinguished road

As of last Saturday, The jacuzzi was about half finished.. The shape was laid out and in the process of being gunited and tiled. I will say that it was about half done. I was there for two weeks and thay seemed to move fairly fast for the way things are done on the island. Last Friday, they were finishing up the plumbing around the perimeter of it. It is sort of shamrock shaped.
As for the additional beach area, nothing has been done. But I was told that the Divi owns down to the reef area out about 75 yards from the walkway. If you've been there you'll know where I mean. The end of the last building closest to the beach, is only about 30-40 feet from the waterline. but opens up as you walk towards the Westin. They have put up 10-15 new palapas in back of the towel hut and around the beginning of the jetty. I'm sure they will put more in when and if they redo the walkway
Old Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 07:26 PM

Arubasun is on a distinguished road

One other thing, When you check-in, they have changed something that I think is good. In the lobby, you can check a board that will have all the room numbers that are ready. I was able to check in to my room as soon as I got there. Not have to wait until 3-4 oclock or until your room is ready. A definte plus with the new manager. His name is Doug. American and really wants to step up the resort for the better. At least that what I see.
Old Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arubasun View Post
As of last Saturday, The jacuzzi was about half finished.. The shape was laid out and in the process of being gunited and tiled. I will say that it was about half done. I was there for two weeks and thay seemed to move fairly fast for the way things are done on the island. Last Friday, they were finishing up the plumbing around the perimeter of it. It is sort of shamrock shaped.
As for the additional beach area, nothing has been done. But I was told that the Divi owns down to the reef area out about 75 yards from the walkway. If you've been there you'll know where I mean. The end of the last building closest to the beach, is only about 30-40 feet from the waterline. but opens up as you walk towards the Westin. They have put up 10-15 new palapas in back of the towel hut and around the beginning of the jetty. I'm sure they will put more in when and if they redo the walkway
Thanks for the update. I hope the post about the pool at the swim up bar being empty of water is talking about something that happened in the past. Please tell me that the swim up bar is full and open. I hope they get the jacuzzi open by the 30th, but if the pools are all open I can live without the jacuzzi. It is getting close and I am getting excited.

Sherry, when the queen of the Aruba web site tells me that this is her favorite time of the year to visit Aruba, and that the Phoenix is her favorite resort, I am thinking that I did good on my purchase due to sheer luck. Thanks for all of the advice and encouragement. It sure has me wondering if my choice to visit St Maarten next year was a good choice. From the sound of things I will want to come back to Aruba each and every year.
Old Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Administrator

tom, my timeshare is at costa linda in august which was what we needed in 1990/91 when we bought. i have been to the island in april, may, and every year in august. august is great but may was the best. costa linda is my 2nd favorite place and i don't regret the purchase having had many visits there. however, if i had it to do now it would be exactly what you have picked.

i do have the strange feeling though that if all goes as i expect, you will be visiting more than once a year. who knows, we could meet this august.

Quote:
Thanks for the update. I hope the post about the pool at the swim up bar being empty of water is talking about something that happened in the past. Please tell me that the swim up bar is full and open. I hope they get the jacuzzi open by the 30th, but if the pools are all open I can live without the jacuzzi. It is getting close and I am getting excited.

Sherry, when the queen of the Aruba web site tells me that this is her favorite time of the year to visit Aruba, and that the Phoenix is her favorite resort, I am thinking that I did good on my purchase due to sheer luck. Thanks for all of the advice and encouragement. It sure has me wondering if my choice to visit St Maarten next year was a good choice. From the sound of things I will want to come back to Aruba each and every year.
Old Sunday, May 17th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Aruba Expert

PhoenixGirl is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Construction update on Divi Site

Just got home last night, May 16th. The swim up bar is open and ready for business as is the restaurant. Jacuzzi still has a way to go. The public bathrooms down by the towel hut aren't being worked on at all.

The kiddie pool is enormous and was unused most of the time we were there. I never saw a child in it. It still looks like it wasn't done correctly with an area that looks like a "beach entry" into a foot of water. Debris seems to collect in that spot.

Pure Beach restaurant is a lovely place to dine for lunch and dinner (same menu for both). Music is mellow. Views are pretty. Our lunch consisted of nachos and a fruit smoothie for me and 4 mini-burgers, truffle fries and a Coke for my husband. Bill was $41.00. Yikes! Again it was very lovely, but I thought it would be a more casual, beach grill kind of place. There were only a few people eating there. Lots of "fishy" type stuff on the menu. I don't eat much fish or sushi or crabcakes so the only stuff on the extensive menu that I could eat were nachos, quesadillas or chicken fingers.

Pool wasn't crowded at all. Still some debris in it, but not nearly as bad as it was in January when a lot of exterior work was still being done. Even with very few rooms occupied, it was hard to find a chair some afternoons. There is going to be a chair crisis at some point.

Landscaping is in around the pool. There is no shade at all except at the swim up bar. Chairs are set up in shallow water on either side of the bar. Those areas were the most popular spots for people to sit. I saw a lot of people from the tower and original beach villas over at the new pool and a lot of new villa owners on the beach. There were no chairs set up at any of the new palapas so new villa owners had nowhere to sit on the beach except in the old section.

The parking lot is completely done in brick pavers which look VERY nice! On Friday, they had started adding cactus gardens at the entrance from the parking lot to the buildings. Work is being done on a sales office facing the Wyndam. Right now there is still the "tent" with the model room, and the sales staff is working on the second floor of Pure Beach restaurant.

It is still a work in progress, but looking good.
Old Sunday, May 17th, 2009, 08:45 PM

Thanks for the update. I hope that the lanscaping will provide more shade as it matures because I like to lay by the pool and beach without direct exposure to the sun. I might have to spend some daylight hours at the old pool because there appears to be a lot of shade there from the pictures I have seen.

$41 for the meal for 2 you described seems very expensive. I might not eat too many meals there.

I am only 2 weeks away from my trip. Keep the updates coming and I will do the same after I return.

Thanks for everything.
Old Sunday, May 17th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Aruba Expert

Yes the meals at Pure Beach are expensive. Someone added a link to the menu on this website. It's not a typical beach bar where you can get a hot dog or hamburger and some fries (although there is a Kobe beef burger and you can get regular fries without the truffles). It's much more mellow and formal an atmosphere than say the Marriott's raucous beach bar with the TV blaring sports or loud music. The couches are all white and the waiters are Oriental...the music is new age-y...just not what I expected, but very nice.

Unless they add some palapas around the pool, there won't be much shade for a loooooooong time. I remember everyone complained about no shade at the Divi Golf Links Infinity pool when it first opened, and now there are dozens of palapas that were added as time went by.
Old Wednesday, May 20th, 2009, 06:22 AM

JohnL is on a distinguished road

Kiddie Pool was not well thought out.
Old Wednesday, May 20th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Aruba Expert

They keep jack hammering out the kiddie pool to re-level it, and you are right...it wasn't well thought out at all. It's still weird looking in one area where the debris gathers, but at least there's water in it this time. In October and January they were still re-doing the concrete. Now there are little bubble fountains in it where toddlers will enjoy playing in the water. I saw a few guests putting their chairs in the kiddie pool one day. It's one foot deep all over so that's a little deep for a sunning deck in a pool, but it seemed to work for them because all the chairs were taken in the two areas that were meant as sunning decks over in the bar area.

I forgot to mention that one Friday afaternoon (before a lot of people went home the next morning) a crowd gathered by the bar and an Elvis tape and some 60's and 70's music was put on and there was a fun, party like atmosphere with everybody singing and dancing in the water. Other than that, it was a very quiet, laid back pool deck.
Old Sunday, May 24th, 2009, 03:31 PM

I was going on line to make a reservation for Old Man and the Sea. What time should I ask for so that I will be there for the sunset? Also what should I request for seating?

Thanks for the help.

One week to go!!!!!
Old Sunday, May 24th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Administrator

wish it was me in aruba and at old man and the sea. sunset is at 7 pm give or take a few minutes for the next couple of weeks. Sunrise and Sunset for Netherlands – Aruba – Oranjestad – coming days

Quote:
I was going on line to make a reservation for Old Man and the Sea. What time should I ask for so that I will be there for the sunset? Also what should I request for seating?

Thanks for the help.

One week to go!!!!!
Old Sunday, May 24th, 2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
wish it was me in aruba and at old man and the sea. sunset is at 7 pm give or take a few minutes for the next couple of weeks. Sunrise and Sunset for Netherlands Aruba Oranjestad coming days
I sent in a request for 6:30 pm reservation on the sand. THANKS.

This should be a great last evening on the Island.

LESS THAN A WEEK TO GO!!!!!
Old Thursday, May 28th, 2009, 11:39 AM

I was beginning to pack and realized that I am not sure if they have the standrd electrical plugs or not. Do I need adapters or can I plug in my computer, battery chargers, etc in just like I do in the US?

Thanks,

Tom
Old Thursday, May 28th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Administrator

you do not need adapters.

Quote:
I was beginning to pack and realized that I am not sure if they have the standrd electrical plugs or not. Do I need adapters or can I plug in my computer, battery chargers, etc in just like I do in the US?

Thanks,

Tom
Old Thursday, May 28th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Aruba Expert

Have a fabulous time, Tom! I'm anxious to read your trip report when you get back.
Old Thursday, May 28th, 2009, 10:02 PM

Does the Divi Phoenix supply beach towels or do I need to bring them?

I am almost through packing and I am trying not to forget anything I need.

Thanks,

Tom
Old Thursday, May 28th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Almost Aruban

Liz from N.J. is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Thanks,

Tom
One less think to pack - the resort supplys beach towels.
Old Thursday, May 28th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Administrator

yes they do. all major timeshares and hotels do. in fact they are color coded. if you don't use them they will ask for proof that you are staying there.

Quote:

Thanks,

Tom
Old Thursday, May 28th, 2009, 10:47 PM

Thanks. I assumed they had beach towels, but I figured better safe than sorry.

Another thing, I don't think that the Phoenix has wireless internet. Is there any reason to bring my laptop computer? If not is there any computer access at the Phoenix like a computer in the lobby?

What is probably my final question. Does it ever get cool enough at night to need long sleeves or a coat? Right now I don't have any long pants, jackets, long sleeved shirts, or any shoes (other than flops and sandals) packed. Would there be anywhere or anytime that shorts, a short sleeved shirt, and flops would not be the correct clothing?
Old Friday, May 29th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Aruba Expert

droykelly is on a distinguished road

Shorts are fine although I think you'll see more slacks / capris / sundresses in the evening. Also, if you're planning on spending time in any of the casinos, they are frequently a bit cool.

I will not sit on the porch and watch life go by without participating!
Old Friday, May 29th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Administrator

no coat ever. no long sleeves unless you freeze in air conditioning. remember though that if you want to go to some of the nicer dining rooms, a short sleeve shirt or polo and maybe some half way clean sneakers or casual shoes. dress as you would to go to a nice restaurant in your home town.

i keep hearing that they have improved their internet with the new building but otherwise your laptop will not be worth much there. you might want to use skype for a nearly free call to them via your laptop and ask. otherwise if you don't plan to use it more than a few minute a few times during your vacation, there are internet cafes.

here is a list of some of the wifi spots WiFi Aruba.com: Hotspots

Quote:
Thanks. I assumed they had beach towels, but I figured better safe than sorry.

Another thing, I don't think that the Phoenix has wireless internet. Is there any reason to bring my laptop computer? If not is there any computer access at the Phoenix like a computer in the lobby?

What is probably my final question. Does it ever get cool enough at night to need long sleeves or a coat? Right now I don't have any long pants, jackets, long sleeved shirts, or any shoes (other than flops and sandals) packed. Would there be anywhere or anytime that shorts, a short sleeved shirt, and flops would not be the correct clothing?
Old Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009, 10:43 AM

The first night we ate at Pure Beach and the burgers were very good. The resort is great and I love our view from the tower. The new pool is nice and nothing is crowded at the new pool, the old pool, and it is easy to get a palapa anytime of the day. The new jacuzzi is a ways from being finished but the old jaccuzzi never has anyone in it.

We ate at Flying Fishbone last night (our 3'rd). I made a reservation and asked for as close to the water as I could get. I got what I asked for because our table and feet were actually in the water with waves splashing around our ankles and occasionally higher. They have a wrought iron rack by your table to hang your shoes on. The sunset was nice (but to the side of your view so sunset views are very limited) and the food was great although pricey. I would go back.

Our second night in Aruba we ate oceanfront at the sunset beach bistro and the view of the sunset was much better than at the flying fishbones. The tables were on the sand but not in the water and not as crowded together as they are at the flying fishbone. We made a sunset reservation and there was nothing is in front of us but the ocean and the sun. It is wonderful to watch the sun disappear into the ocean as you dine. The food was $36 per person with your choice of appetizer, entree, and dessert. The meal was good and a good deal for the money. If you could combine the location of The Sunset Beach Bistro with the food from flying fishbone you would have an unbeatable combination IMO.

Tonight is Texas de Brazil and Old Man and the Sea for our last dinner on the island. So far this has been a great trip. It is a small Island but we drove around for hours in our rental car seeing everything. We drove on many sandy, rocky, unpaved roads along the ocean and through the deserts with the huge cactus. We saw a pack of donkeys in the desrt near the fallen bridge. We did the lighthouse, Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, and the Ostritches and a lot more things I can't remember.

I do have internet access at the Phoenix, but it cost me $50 for a week. Thanks for all the advice everyone has give me. Thanks for al the help and advice everyone has given me. It has been invaluable.

Tom
Old Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009, 11:25 AM
Administrator

thank you tom for your update! when you get back please take the time to tell us the rest. enjoy it all! sorry it has to end so quickly.

Quote:
The first night we ate at Pure Beach and the burgers were very good. The resort is great and I love our view from the tower. The new pool is nice and nothing is crowded at the new pool, the old pool, and it is easy to get a palapa anytime of the day. The new jacuzzi is a ways from being finished but the old jaccuzzi never has anyone in it.

We ate at Flying Fishbone last night (our 3'rd). I made a reservation and asked for as close to the water as I could get. I got what I asked for because our table and feet were actually in the water with waves splashing around our ankles and occasionally higher. They have a wrought iron rack by your table to hang your shoes on. The sunset was nice (but to the side of your view so sunset views are very limited) and the food was great although pricey. I would go back.

Our second night in Aruba we ate oceanfront at the sunset beach bistro and the view of the sunset was much better than at the flying fishbones. The tables were on the sand but not in the water and not as crowded together as they are at the flying fishbone. We made a sunset reservation and there was nothing is in front of us but the ocean and the sun. It is wonderful to watch the sun disappear into the ocean as you dine. The food was $36 per person with your choice of appetizer, entree, and dessert. The meal was good and a good deal for the money. If you could combine the location of The Sunset Beach Bistro with the food from flying fishbone you would have an unbeatable combination IMO.

Tonight is Texas de Brazil and Old Man and the Sea for our last dinner on the island. So far this has been a great trip. It is a small Island but we drove around for hours in our rental car seeing everything. We drove on many sandy, rocky, unpaved roads along the ocean and through the deserts with the huge cactus. We saw a pack of donkeys in the desrt near the fallen bridge. We did the lighthouse, Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, and the Ostritches and a lot more things I can't remember.

I do have internet access at the Phoenix, but it cost me $50 for a week. Thanks for all the advice everyone has give me. Thanks for al the help and advice everyone has given me. It has been invaluable.

Tom
Old Monday, June 8th, 2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
thank you tom for your update! when you get back please take the time to tell us the rest. enjoy it all! sorry it has to end so quickly.
As I said on another thread we cancelled Old Man and the sea and ate at Chalet Suisse the last night so we could be back in our room to watch the sunset. The meal at the Chalet Suisse was great but I really wish I had done old man and the sea earlier in the week. I will make eating at old man and the sea top priority on my next trip.

We explored and found so many great places in the desert. We went to 4 caves, 2 were gated shut and 2 we explored and one of them had the heiroglyphics on the roof. We drove from baby beach through the military firing range and saw a blown up truck and some beautiful cliffs with the ocean waves exploding over the top of them. We went to the sand dunes by the cave with the heiroglyphics and saw a hole in the rocks with a railing around it down by the cliffs. We passed the dunes and turned to the right and came to what someone later told us was the blowing hole. It was not on any of our maps. You walked down steps into the hole and water was flowing in from the sea and a constant mist filled the air. It was very pretty. We left there and took a right fork to what I thing was Dos Playa beach. It was beautiful and we were the only people there for about an hour we spent there. The cliffs on both sides of the sand beach at the base of the cactus covered hills was impressive. If the waves weren't so rough I would have spent the better part of a day there. We went to the Lourdes Grottos and those were also beautiful.

We were exploring and found ladies of the evening out in the morning over by the Valero refinery. That was the only part of the island that we found to be seedy and uncomfortable although the hookers seemed friendly enough and waved to my wife and myself.

We found several donkeys wandering through various hills and valleys in the national park. We road the paved roads and many non paved roads looking for new things to see. It is a desert but a very pretty desert.

I took a left on the dirt road before the lighthouse and drove for a long way looking at the cliffs and shacks people have constructed. I made a rock pillar and made a wish. I liked some of the unusual coral rocks (some looked like brains, some had red splotches mixed with white coral, etc) which had washed up on the cliffs over by the lighthouse so much that I brought 4 big coral rocks home to make a rock column in our yard. My wife said you will never get those through customs, but I put them in my suitcase and they are currently residing in my home ready to be stacked up and wished upon. I am not sure if I was supposed to bring any back home but the only questions they asked me were if I had any fruits vegetables etc, they never asked me if I had any rocks or coral.

I snorkeled where the road splits as you head towards the california Lighthouse. I swam up to a catamaran and another snorkeling ship enjoying the same snorkeling they paid big bucks for for nothing more than the price of gas to get me there. I snorkeled at baby beach. I snorkeled the jetties at the resort. I ate a lot, I drank a lot, and I had a blast.

I am sure that there are many more things I did that I am forgetting, but this is a good representation. I drove every dirt road my Yaris could drive on. I even went up to the water tower on the way to the temple to look at the views. If I had have rented a Jeep I would have gone to the Natural pool. That is the only sight I know that I missed, but the Yaris couldn't make that trip. Next time I might have to get a jeep. I also wanted to do the submarine and De Palm Island but I just didn't have time. For such a small island there is so much to do!

Well that is the highlights of my trip. Thanks again for all the help from the experienced Aruba travelers.

Sherry, as you guessed I did get hooked and I will be back. I am obligated to go to Saint Maarten in 2010 but Aruba is looking like a sure thing for 2010.

Last edited by tombo4357; Tuesday, June 9th, 2009 at 08:09 AM.