Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Divi Phoenix Resort

Divi Phoenix Resort This Forum is for Divi Phoenix Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Thursday, May 7th, 2009, 10:59 PM

tombo4357 is on a distinguished road
Default Has the new Restaurant opened yet?

I was wondering if anyone knows if the new Restaurant at the Divi Phoenix has opened yet and if anyone knew if the food was any good. I would hate to waste a meal out on a bad restaurant when there are more good restaurants on the island than I will have the time or money to eat at.

I am about 3 weeks from going to the Phoenix and I can't wait. I hope the restaurant is open, the food is good, and I hope that the construction is close to being finished.

If anyone has any updates I would love to hear them and I will update all on the progress when I get back.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Friday, May 8th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Aruba Expert

Cooks Restaurant is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Has the new Restaurant opened yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombo4357 View Post
I was wondering if anyone knows if the new Restaurant at the Divi Phoenix has opened yet and if anyone knew if the food was any good. I would hate to waste a meal out on a bad restaurant when there are more good restaurants on the island than I will have the time or money to eat at.

I am about 3 weeks from going to the Phoenix and I can't wait. I hope the restaurant is open, the food is good, and I hope that the construction is close to being finished.

If anyone has any updates I would love to hear them and I will update all on the progress when I get back.
From what I was informed, yes they opened last week Wednesday if I'm not mistaken. I heard that the food is very good.
Old Friday, May 8th, 2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooks Restaurant View Post
From what I was informed, yes they opened last week Wednesday if I'm not mistaken. I heard that the food is very good.
Thanks! I sure hope the food is good because it would be great to have a really good meal without ever leaving the resort. I have searched the net for information on Pure Beach (which is supposed to be the name) and I can't find any news of oepning dates or any menu listings.

This is my first time to the Phoenix and Aruba, so I am going to try and hit the highlights this trip. The reviews on the Sunset Bistro are very mixed with many lukewarm feelings on the taste and quality of the food. If the Sunset Bistro and Pure Beach are both good, I might be back at the resort watching the sunset every night I am there, having drinks on the beach, and eating at the resort before going o the room for nightcaps on the balcony. I am really starting to get excited.

Which restaurant would be the one must do if I could only do one? I am trying to figure which one to make the big reservation for my final meal on Friday night? I probably prefer a beachfront restaurant but I am considering all based on food. It is so hard to choose because there are 5 to 6 that are very close in the top rankings.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and updates,

Tom
Old Friday, May 8th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

tom, how many of you are going? (sorry, don't remember)

Quote:
Thanks! I sure hope the food is good because it would be great to have a really good meal without ever leaving the resort. I have searched the net for information on Pure Beach (which is supposed to be the name) and I can't find any news of oepning dates or any menu listings.

This is my first time to the Phoenix and Aruba, so I am going to try and hit the highlights this trip. The reviews on the Sunset Bistro are very mixed with many lukewarm feelings on the taste and quality of the food. If the Sunset Bistro and Pure Beach are both good, I might be back at the resort watching the sunset every night I am there, having drinks on the beach, and eating at the resort before going o the room for nightcaps on the balcony. I am really starting to get excited.

Which restaurant would be the one must do if I could only do one? I am trying to figure which one to make the big reservation for my final meal on Friday night? I probably prefer a beachfront restaurant but I am considering all based on food. It is so hard to choose because there are 5 to 6 that are very close in the top rankings.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and updates,

Tom
Old Friday, May 8th, 2009, 11:18 AM

Just 2 of us, me and the wife.
Old Friday, May 8th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Administrator

if you want a beautiful romantic final night and you have a rental car, go to old man and the sea. http://bb.visitaruba.com/f31/old-man-sea-10085/

Quote:
Just 2 of us, me and the wife.
Old Friday, May 8th, 2009, 12:18 PM

Arubaweek6 is on a distinguished road

I agree with Sherry! I loved The Old Man and the Sea.
My husband though has to hit the Sunset Grill every year, which is within walking distance from the Phoenix at the Radisson.
I wouldn't do the Sunset Bistro again at the Phoenix. Food was just ok and the service very slow. Like you,
we are hoping the new restaurant at the Phoenix is a good one....that's if we ever get to stay there(lol).
We also had a really romantic night at Passions which is on the beach too.
Have a great first trip-bet you love it!
Old Friday, May 8th, 2009, 01:09 PM

That's 2 for Old Man and the Sea. So far that is the winner. The first night I am in Aruba I am going to reserve the Friday night reservation for one last romantic meal before we get back to the real world.

I am looking forward to the trip.I have never talked to anyone who went to Aruba who didn't absolutelly love it. Heck I bought a week at the Phoenix sight unseen. Not only have I never seen the resort, I have never even seen the Island.
Old Friday, May 8th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Administrator

tom, the resort is lovely and honestly, although i own at another, the phoenix is my favorite. there was something special about the place before the new section and i hope that hasn't changed.

if you are wise and take the time to meet true arubans, tour the island, learn the culture, taste the local foods and get away from the tourist spots, you will be making your next reservation before you leave the island. the most important thing for you to do is get lost. i mean that seriously. drive over the entire island. don't worry where you are going, just go. you can't get permanently lost since it is a small island but you can get lost enough to find a small restaurant in a little section of the island that no tourists go to and looks like nothing from the outside but has great food. get out of the car and take pictures. i hope you have a digital with a jumbo chip in it, lol. don't miss a picture. hug the coastline all the way around the island as much as you can. it is amazing. understand that although many houses look weatherworn and poor on the outside, they are not on the inside. they are warm and cozy with warm cozy people in them. aruba has a higher literacy rate than the states and a better public education level with a greater percentage going to college all over the world. it is in no way a third world country.

everything i just wrote is just part of what makes aruba so special to so many people. when you return to the states you will have this weird thing happen. your mind will return to aruba no matter where you are and what you are supposed to be thinking about. six months from now it will still be happening. none of us understand exactly what happens to us but it does. it gets in our heads and hearts and never leaves.

Quote:
That's 2 for Old Man and the Sea. So far that is the winner. The first night I am in Aruba I am going to reserve the Friday night reservation for one last romantic meal before we get back to the real world.

I am looking forward to the trip.I have never talked to anyone who went to Aruba who didn't absolutelly love it. Heck I bought a week at the Phoenix sight unseen. Not only have I never seen the resort, I have never even seen the Island.
Old Saturday, May 9th, 2009, 11:09 PM

Which Sunday Brunch should I do (if any)? I have read about Windows on Aruba, Le Dome, and the Hyatt brunches. I think I can walk to the Hyatt from the Divi Phoenix (at least I think I can), so if all brunches are equal I would walk to the Hyatt since I won't have a car rental until Monday. If one of the brunches is head and shoulders above the others, I will gladly take a cab to that restaurant.

I am going to be a newbie to Aruba, so the closer I get the more questions I will have. Thanks for all the help.

Last edited by tombo4357; Saturday, May 9th, 2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old Sunday, May 10th, 2009, 01:40 PM

Arubasun is on a distinguished road

HAPPY MOTHES DAY!
Got home from Aruba at 1:30am this morning and yes the Pure Beach is open. Food is good but it is a somewhat limited menu ( what I mean is, not alot of chices but you can get salads sandwiches and full meals for dinner. Food that we ate was good to excellent.The retaurant opened on Thursday 4/30 and did a brunch there on Friday for a wedding that we attended the previous Wed. Brunch was very good but I don't know if it will be a regular thing.
Pool bar is great.. We christened is on Monday nioght with some great partying until midnight.. Georgie made us all some great drinks.
Another great stay at the Phoenix. One of the couples we were with upgraded to one of the new two bedrooms.. Very nice and can sleep 8 comfortably. 3 bathrooms. 2 balconies and overlooks the new pool area. I think they did a VERY nice job blending the new area with the old.. Alot of rooms are not done, but there seemed to be quite a few occupied.
The 2 weeks were great as usual and did not see any problems. I did see a post here awhile back that said that for the regulars who come here, it would be quite a difference.. Didn't see any at all...
If anyone has any other qustions, feel free to ask. As far as I can see, It's still the great resort that we have all grown to love.
Old Sunday, May 10th, 2009, 02:25 PM

What a great report. I am very glad that the restaurant is open, that the food is good, and that the resort has retained the charm that I have heard so much about. Several have posted saying that they hope the new towers wouldn't change the resort's ambience and I am sure that everyone will be glad that it has remained unchanged so far. Do you think the resort amenities (Pool, chickees,bar, etc) and beach will be crowded once all the towers are fully built and occupied?

Is it currently hard to get a Chickee or a chair by the new pool? Are the prices at Pure Beach and the pool bar reasonable?
Old Sunday, May 10th, 2009, 04:08 PM

Arubasun is on a distinguished road

Tombo,
Prices are reasonable You can eat there for ,my wife says, 12-to15 per person and not go away hungry. You'll like it and when you meet Georgie, tell him that Trooper says hello!..
This resort has never been crowded when we were there.. Aways around weeks16 to 18.. and I don't see that changing anytime in the near future. I can't reply as to the resort from weeks 1-15 .
Also, I don't really believe that the new timeshares are going to sell very fast because of cost and economy. But what we saw were very nice.
This is not a big party down resort but you can have a great time here.. We have been coming for 10 yrs and have made some great friends and meet them here every year. We now have about anywhere from 5-8 couples that meet regularly and we DO have a great time. Rechageable blenders and drinks all day.. And ,yes, we do raise some hell LOL, but we have met some great people with our antics. And we don't do it everyday or we would probably be dead!
You will have a great time! Again, I'm here quite often so feel free to ask any questions
Old Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 04:55 PM

Pappy Mentos is on a distinguished road

I posted the same question on another board and someone linked the following sites for the menus and a video
Pictures: Pure Beach Lounge

PURE BEACH LOUNGE & RESTAURANT - MENU
PURE LOUNGE WINE LIST
Old Wednesday, May 13th, 2009, 10:26 AM

Sunny Beaches is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Has the new Restaurant opened yet?

3 Votes for Old Man and the Sea, but you will need a car. Your right there Windows on Aruba, Sunset dinner FABULISSSSSSSSSS
Old Thursday, May 14th, 2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Beaches View Post
3 Votes for Old Man and the Sea, but you will need a car. Your right there Windows on Aruba, Sunset dinner FABULISSSSSSSSSS
The windows on Aruba sunset dinner is fabulous? I had only read about their brunch. Is the Hyatt Brunch, the brunch at Le Dome, or the brunch at Windows on Aruba the one I need to visit for my first Sunday meal in Aruba?

I am convinced that Old MAn and the Sea is wonderful from the responses here. I will do that for my last night goodbye meal for sure.
Old Friday, May 15th, 2009, 07:36 PM

Sunny Beaches is on a distinguished road

A window seat at sunset at Windows is awesome but can't tell you about the brunch as we've not been. From what we've seen on the boards, any of the places you mentioned would be great.

Excellent choice for Old Man and the Sea for your Goodbye Aruba dinner!

Have a great time! (We're 3 weeks out as of today - cannot WAIT!)