Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Divi Phoenix Resort

Divi Phoenix Resort This Forum is for Divi Phoenix Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Friday, January 4th, 2008, 02:37 PM

Larry Moore is on a distinguished road
Default Timeshare Owners.. Help

As a very new timeshare owner with the Divi Phoenix I was told yesterday that the two units we bought into May of 2007 will not be completed until Oct 08. My week there in aruba will be week 21, 5/24/08 thru to 5/31/08. We have two units in the new building along side of the tower 6th floor facing the Ocean that will sleep 8. We went to aruba in may and love the people, Island and the laid back feeling of just being alive. So my Question is, If our units are not completed
what happens next. will they try to put us somewhere else or just say Sorry. Heck I dont care if its a cardboard box down the beach and I have to eat lizards, at least Im in Aruba..... Feed Back is what I need....
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Friday, January 4th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Almost Aruban

pgsoder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Timeshare Owners.. Help

If I were you I would go to their website and ask what they plan to do with you for your week. May as well hear it from the horse's mouth.
www.diviphoenixaruba.com
Old Friday, January 4th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

gina, this is their website. it seems to have changed...

http://www.diviarubaphoenix.com/DiviAruba/

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsoder@yahoo.com View Post
If I were you I would go to their website and ask what they plan to do with you for your week. May as well hear it from the horse's mouth.
www.diviphoenixaruba.com
Old Friday, January 4th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Almost Aruban

pgsoder is on a distinguished road

Thank you Sherry-am sure the guy can find out something from the real website.
Old Friday, January 4th, 2008, 06:50 PM

I sure hope so, My moms like 81 and very set in her ways, when you buy into something like this and they move you to some place thats not like what we want she gets in one of those " Moods" as to where her dogs even run and hide". I just recieved a e-mail from them to say they will put us up at some golf course, GOLF, not gonna happen. We want beach front, white sand, calm water, friendly people and most of all Fun.... golf is not fun unless there is a beer stop at each hole.. Oh well, maybe somebody going in week 21, we can meet and do some 4x4 around the island.... Write me, E-mail me what ever cuz Im going and then this old guy is ready to let his hair down, if I had any....be safe
Old Friday, January 4th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Aruba Expert

droykelly is on a distinguished road

It sounds like they're planning to put you at Divi Golf Village. Dutch Village is on the beach side of the street, but I don't believe they have any units that sleep eight. Will there be eight of you? Can you manage in something smaller or two units instead of one? If you can, they may be able to put you there, or the other units at the Phoenix? If you don't need the big unit, you may be able to get a location you'll be happier with. Can't hurt to ask.............

I will not sit on the porch and watch life go by without participating!
Old Friday, January 4th, 2008, 09:19 PM

KarenlovesAruba is on a distinguished road

My inlaws in same spot U R and they were put up at the Links (nice place )for two weeks. They also had the maintance fee for free. THey go week 3 & 4. So call them your sales person and get as much as U can free meals- all inclusive, really worth the call
Old Saturday, January 5th, 2008, 12:33 PM

daka630 is on a distinguished road

Something to ease the worry -
http://diviresorts.com/videos/diviArubaPhoenix.wmv
Old Saturday, January 5th, 2008, 01:19 PM

One Happy Island Re: Timeshare Owners.. Help

Just check the site and the folks "droykelly" I was going to e-mail you but something didnt work so well. Anyway as of right now 4 are going. I could do with a smaller unit but it would be better if the wife and I had a seperate room..like two small units, one for the two of us and the other one 100 yards away from us..Not like I dont like her, shes just a pain sometimes..I will call today or next week to get things rolling. Will see what they have to offer..
This will be our 2nd trip so if anyone has some fun things or places to visit let me know..
Old Sunday, January 6th, 2008, 10:53 PM

Arubasun is on a distinguished road

Larry,
Anytime I've had a problem with the Phoenix,(not very often I might add), You could try calling the reservations office in NC.. I always ask for Janet and she has always come through. Just explain your situation and that you are a new owner and DON'T want to be put up at another resort,though the Links is very nice,
Being an owner at the Phoenix, you shouldn't have to be moved to another resort. especially during the low season.
Hope that helps you some.. I'd try the Reservations office before I worked with the resort itself
Just my opinion

Phoenix 4/25/08-5/10/08
Old Sunday, January 6th, 2008, 11:16 PM

Thanks for your advise Arubasun, any help I can get is better than none at all, Its just that we were expecting our own little place that we paid for. Brand new with the units facing the ocean. I just hope we get a good place to stay for our week #21... As of now there will be 5 of us going. Take care and thanks.....
Old Monday, January 7th, 2008, 12:56 AM

lisav1230 is on a distinguished road

Hi Larry
I would definately call the members services in the states 1 888 863 6822, 919 419 3484 or email members@diviresorts.com .

I am a new member to and have found them to be very helpful.

Also what about your salesperson? They should be able to give you a clear answer.

I was down there in early December. When completed it should ge a gorgeous facilty.

Good Luck!
Lisa
Old Monday, January 7th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Aruba Expert

There are only a couple of two bedroom units at the Phoenix, but they have plenty of studios and one bedrooms in the Tower. I'd ask for two one bedroom units and settle for a one bedroom and a studio. The large one bedroom has 1 1/2 baths but the tub/shower is off the bedroom. The other has only 1 bath in the hall between the bedroom and living area. The large unit has two lanai's and faces the beach as do the studios. The smaller one bedroom is in the front of the tower. The lanai faces the beach and the window faces the street.

Be firm but pleasant.................... Good luck!

Old Tuesday, January 8th, 2008, 11:49 AM

Talking Re: Timeshare Owners.. Help

Thanks again "droykelly".... Im waiting for a return e-mail that I sent sunday concerning airfare discount for timeshare owners. I dont know whether they will or not but does'nt hurt to ask. Ive really enjoyed this site and the folks that share there knowledge on Aruba. Think Ive read every post from 2 years ago in a week or so. So many great people and alot of do's and dont's or go here go there but with a week to try everything others have did, might be a little hard. But thanks everyone for the advise.
Old Tuesday, January 8th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Almost Aruban

elisabeth_nj is on a distinguished road

my two cents...the Divi Links are georgous!!! Even though its across the street don't be weery of them! The pool and swim up bar is really nice! Only thing I would be concerned about is if you get a 2nd or 3rd floor. Being your mom is 81 the stairs might be a problem. I don't remember seeing an elevator when we toured them last visit (at least in the Eagle Buildings).

We will be going thru renovations at LaCabana soon and I believe they said they will place us in a different unit if the renovations are not complete by the time our week comes up.

Good Luck (and congrats!)
Old Wednesday, January 9th, 2008, 06:07 PM

Just got a e-mail back saying that the Divi Village and golf course is where there going to put us. Well it was that option with a $200 food and drink voucher or the divi phoenix with no food voucher. I do not know if thats for everyone going or just for the week.. We have a one bedroom and studio but being the new Divi Phoenix is not going to be completed until Oct 08 will they put us in the same kind of unit at the Village. Im not the sharpest tool in the shed concerning this..Can anyone help me out.
Old Wednesday, January 9th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Aruba Expert

I'm sure you'll be very happy there Larry and the food/beverage credit should make it a bit more palatable.

It's logical for you to expect comparable accommodations but the only way to know for sure is to ask Divi. Call member services and get all your questions answered. You don't want to start your trip expecting something they're not planning on providing..................

Old Wednesday, January 9th, 2008, 09:05 PM

Smile Re: Timeshare Owners.. Help

Understanable with this, they sent another e-mail saying theres something about all this in a letter. So in a few days Ill know more. The $200 food voucher is per contract but we have 2 contracts. one for a 1 bed and another for a studio. Paying 2 different ones.. But as I surf the Aruba site and ask folks like you'all about my problems it helps us to understand a little more on time shares as everyone has been going for awhile..Again thanks for all the inputs and I know they will do there best to make our trip an eventful one...
Larry and Darcy
Old Saturday, January 12th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Aruba Expert

DiviAruba is on a distinguished road

http://daka630.tripod.com/tlad/tlad.htm

This will show you the room layouts. NO ELEVATORS! Make sure you receive a 1st floor room. We just spent 9 nights (over New Year's) at the Links in a 3rd floor room in a Birdie Building. Had great views of the Ling & Sons fireworks from our deck. You can always call for a shuttle to cart you to the beach, Mulligan's and so on. You may want to take up the offer on the Phoenix with no food credit, as the water at the Links/Village has waves. Our friends own at the Phoenix and hate the beach in the low rise area because of the waves. I don't like the high rise area because there is no water movement, like the Cape Cod Bay about a mile from my house. I much more like the ocean across RT 6 with the waves, which is 2 miles from my house. This could be your real decision maker.

Looks like those rooms at the Phoenix will not be done anytime soon unless they hire the people who built the RIU, between my October and December trips, not much of anything has happened there.

Old Monday, January 14th, 2008, 02:33 PM

I just recieved a letter from DiVi and they informed me that we were getting a 2 bedroom lockout at the Divi Village Golf resort. I dont know too much about it but asked for a ground floor so Mom could waddle to and from with no stairs. A 200 dollar voucher is also included in this. They doing the best they can since our timeshare wont be ready until Oct 08. I think the ocean is across the street within walking distance but we will have a jeep to cart us to and from where ever we want to go.. So Im satisfied with the outcome... Just cant wait to get some gone and venture fourth.....thanks for everyones help.. Also recieved 2 certificates for so much money off for another vacation in some other spots.. Have no Idea on this..but learning...
Old Wednesday, January 16th, 2008, 02:59 PM

rusht is on a distinguished road

Larry, I have the same situation. I bought week 19, (in 2006). I currently have the week booked at the new Pheonix, I have yet to be notified that it will not be completed.
Tom R
Old Wednesday, January 16th, 2008, 03:16 PM

Tom
I recieved it in the mail a couple days ago. I e-mail also but the Phase 2 phoenix like what we bought into will not be completed until Oct 08.. I was unhappy about it because when we bought into this they said it would be completed in march of this year. Things happen but they are doing the best they can to accomedate us. Im happy with the Divi Village I quess...... not there yet,, You will be notified either e-mail or letter, let me know your outcome.. E-mail me or pm
Larry
Old Wednesday, January 16th, 2008, 04:08 PM

rusht is on a distinguished road

Larry, I have stayed at the Links, its a beautiful resort, but I prefer the Pheonix. I like to walk out the door onto the beach, and I dont golf. This is just my preference.
Tom R
Old Sunday, January 20th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Aruba Expert

PhoenixGirl is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Timeshare Owners.. Help

I just returned from a week at the Phoenix last night. I also own Eagle 1 at the Links. The rooms are wonderful at the Links. If you have an entire ground floor (one bedroom unit plus a connecting studio), that's a pretty good deal. It's not on the beach, but you can get the shuttle to go there. The rooms are more comparable to the new Phoenix units with granite counters, washer, dryer and dishwasher than the older Phoenix units. I think Divi is trying to get you into a newer, more comparable unit until yours is ready for your week in 2009. Make sure they know you need a ground floor unit.

The sales people told me that the first building in the new Phoenix phase would be done by the end of the year. They said that since your new unit isn't ready they won't treat it as one of the 40 weeks that you bought. They won't start counting those until your unit is ready to occupy. It'll be treated like a bonus week this year and not part of your 40 year contract. As an owner, you can stay at the Links and use the Phoenix beach if you have a car for the week. We kind of use all the Divi properties whenever we're there.
Old Sunday, January 20th, 2008, 09:20 PM

Smile Re: Timeshare Owners.. Help

Phoenixgirl
A big hug and thanks for your time. Ive talk to a few about this and Im sure we will enjoy our stay. Infact I know I will. Looking foward to going, wish it was tomorrow but Ill wait my turn like everybody else...
take care