Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare & Vacation Properties > Timeshare Q&A

Timeshare Q&A General questions about timeshares.

Old Friday, July 7th, 2006, 09:16 AM

sharkman is on a distinguished road
Default Playa Linda Question

I'm interested in buying a 2 bedroom at Playa Linda. Any tips on negotiating with them would be appreciated.
sharkman

Last edited by dwippies; Friday, July 7th, 2006 at 10:24 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Friday, July 7th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Playa Linda Question

are you planning to buy directly from playa linda? that is the expensive way to do it. not much room for negotiations. you might want to check to see if an owner is selling. much cheaper that way and most will negotiate a bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkman
I'm interested in buying a 2 bedroom at Playa Linda. Any tips on negotiating with them would be appreciated.
sharkman
Old Friday, July 7th, 2006, 11:06 AM

sharkman is on a distinguished road

Actually, I've not seen the units at the Playa Linda so I expect that when we go down in October, I'll get a "tour" from the place and see what's available from them. I would, of course, prefer a resale and am very flexible for the particular week. I actually had the sales office offer me a 2 bedroom for a reasonable price (I think) but not having seen the room, I wouldn't take it..
thanks
sharkman
Old Thursday, July 13th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Aruba Expert

Arubalisa is on a distinguished road

Another PL question...Dh and I had stayed at PL back in the late 90's. We loved the resort and are now considering a purchase. One thing which does bother me though is that the entire "crowd" of people staying at the resort were very cliquish. Does the PL still have this type of atmosphere? Are all timeshares like this?
Old Thursday, July 13th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

lisa, the reason this happens is that people buy a timeshare and go there for 20 years. they meet the same people every year and develop a friendship. not as likely a scenario at a hotel since people switch around when they don't own. i have heard more of that at playa linda but maybe it is because they are one of the oldest most established places.

personally, we own at costa linda and have never had that problem. people are friendly and after a day or so you start chatting with total strangers. there are always large groups that go as a group and those you will never have much contact with but, in general at most of the timeshares, people will reach out and get to know you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arubalisa
Another PL question...Dh and I had stayed at PL back in the late 90's. We loved the resort and are now considering a purchase. One thing which does bother me though is that the entire "crowd" of people staying at the resort were very cliquish. Does the PL still have this type of atmosphere? Are all timeshares like this?
Old Thursday, July 13th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Aruba Expert

charlescroes is on a distinguished road

Playa Linda definately has that feel to it, HOWEVER ... you missspelled cliquish. At Playa Linda they spell that word as follows:

F A M I L Y I S H

It is somethi8ng that happens when you deal with the same issues and have the same interests year after year. These folks stay in touch with each other all the year long and when they are down here can be a bit family-ish. Get used to it because before you know it, you will be too.

charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arubalisa
Old Friday, July 14th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Aruba Expert

Arubalisa is on a distinguished road

Thank you all for the good reminder. Should we purchase a TS, I shall always try to remember what it was like to be the outsider and welcome all fellow guests.