Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Aruba Grand/Riu

Aruba Grand/Riu This Forum is for Aruba Grand/Riu Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Thursday, February 15th, 2007, 03:48 PM

Kunka Family is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb airfares

We usually book our air fare one year in advance to get the best rate, especially this year (2008) coming up becuase it will be Easter. We have not heard from the Office concerning reopening and were wondering if anyone has heard from them in writing?
Diana & George
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, February 15th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Aruba Expert

LynnS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: airfares

If by 'in writing" you mean an email- we have and so have a few others. We were told a letter would be sent out Feb/March 2007. A friend was told to contact Richard in May and he might have a better idea of the opening date then. All email we have received indicate the resort will be open in 2008.
You can contact Richard or Debbie Hassel at the AG. No contact info for Riu.
Hope this helps.
Old Thursday, February 15th, 2007, 05:56 PM

Thanks, but I did not mean email. I was referring to the formal letter they have been promising. We don't know what to do, so I guess we'll wait a little longer.
Thanks,
Diana
Old Friday, February 16th, 2007, 10:13 AM

rdharles is on a distinguished road

Nope, haven't received an email, letter or anything for that matter. The only time I've gotten any information (and it wasn't anything solid) was when I was lucky enough to get though (by email) to the Aruba Grand office back when Debbie was taking over for Richard. I've tried several times through email to get some information directly from RIU but no response by email from them at all. Hopefully something soon and how about some kind of good news for a change - wouldn't that be nice????
R.D.
Old Friday, February 16th, 2007, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdharles View Post
Nope, haven't received an email, letter or anything for that matter. The only time I've gotten any information (and it wasn't anything solid) was when I was lucky enough to get though (by email) to the Aruba Grand office back when Debbie was taking over for Richard. I've tried several times through email to get some information directly from RIU but no response by email from them at all. Hopefully something soon and how about some kind of good news for a change - wouldn't that be nice????
R.D.
Yes, that would be nice. But I still don't know what to do about booking our flights.
DK
Old Monday, February 19th, 2007, 09:13 AM

lindaspooky is on a distinguished road

I'm on the mailing list for the Riu resorts and rec'd a pamphlet showing their sales and resorts. One page was the new Riu Palace Aruba, the pictures were all computer generated. It listed that is was set to open in the summer.