Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba

Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba (https://bb.visitaruba.com/index.php)
-   Aruba Grand/Riu (https://bb.visitaruba.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   count down time (https://bb.visitaruba.com/showthread.php?t=14755)

LynnS Wednesday, June 16th, 2010 09:41 PM

count down time
 
:island::cool:---Finally feel like July 14 th is not that far away.

Looking forward to my 2 1/2 weeks in Aruba and the Riu.

Received an email with units that are for sale/rent or people looking to rent. Hope others have more luck than I did.

arubanut Thursday, June 17th, 2010 10:45 PM

Re: count down time
 
I want to go back sooooo bad.

Lynn have a GREAT time!!!!


-Eric

LynnS Saturday, June 19th, 2010 08:04 AM

Re: count down time
 
Thanks Eric.:thumbs_upLooking forward to going-no expectations-just relaxation,sun,sand and ocean. Maybe a drink or 2....

I have an apartment you can rent for week 30-sorry it is a 1 bedroom.:wink_smil

Elaine S Saturday, June 19th, 2010 09:41 AM

Re: count down time
 
Lynn - July 14th's right around the corner!! It'l be here before you know it.

LynnS Saturday, June 19th, 2010 12:05 PM

Re: count down time
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elaine S (Post 100249)
Lynn - July 14th's right around the corner!! It'l be here before you know it.

I know-makes me a little anxious-I am not a fan of flying but can't wait to get to Aruba. My husband goes a few days before me so I fly alone-not sure if that is good or bad. Sometimes he makes it worse.:rolleyes:

roschone Saturday, June 19th, 2010 09:39 PM

Re: count down time
 
Wow, July 14th - I've always found that the last few weeks just fly by. Hey Elaine, don't you wish we had a countdown like that? I am so excited for you Lynn....you are going to have a GREAT time. Even though you're not a fan of flying, the end result is paradise. HaHa - I guess in your case, it's not about the journey, it's about the destination. :wink_smil

LynnS Saturday, June 19th, 2010 10:02 PM

Re: count down time
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roschone (Post 100265)
Wow, July 14th - I've always found that the last few weeks just fly by. Hey Elaine, don't you wish we had a countdown like that? I am so excited for you Lynn....you are going to have a GREAT time. Even though you're not a fan of flying, the end result is paradise. HaHa - I guess in your case, it's not about the journey, it's about the destination. :wink_smil

That's what I keep telling myself.:island:

Elaine S Saturday, June 19th, 2010 10:37 PM

Re: count down time
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roschone (Post 100265)
Wow, July 14th - I've always found that the last few weeks just fly by. Hey Elaine, don't you wish we had a countdown like that? I am so excited for you Lynn....you are going to have a GREAT time. Even though you're not a fan of flying, the end result is paradise. HaHa - I guess in your case, it's not about the journey, it's about the destination. :wink_smil

Hey Ro... I'm so jealous of Lynn!!

Here's how I look at it... it's almost July 4th, then Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Xmas, New Years, and I'm on my way!!

It won't be long before I start my packing thread again, and then when I come back, you're going!! lol

roschone Sunday, June 20th, 2010 11:58 AM

Re: count down time
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elaine S (Post 100267)
Hey Ro... I'm so jealous of Lynn!!

Here's how I look at it... it's almost July 4th, then Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Xmas, New Years, and I'm on my way!!

It won't be long before I start my packing thread again, and then when I come back, you're going!! lol


Yeah Baby!!! Bring it ON! Only 5 holidays to go!! I like that thinking.

ruba4ever Sunday, June 20th, 2010 01:11 PM

Re: count down time
 
Elaine and Ro....I like that method of countdown....because by those calculations....I only have 2 holidays to count...yeah baby. Only thing sad about it is that when those two holidays pass....summer too has past for the most part...and heaven knows we waited long enough for it to get here to wish it all away.....BUT.....as long as they are flying by...we might as well look forward to the trip...right?? LOL. Lynn....July 14th is close enough to be thinking about packing (at least I would be)...oh, who am I kidding...I would already have stuff piling up in the spare room anticipating packing....hehehee. Have a great time in paradise....I'm sure you will hear that numerous times between now and then...so continue to countdown...and dream about a wonderful time..
ruba

roschone Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010 10:35 AM

Re: count down time
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ruba4ever (Post 100275)
Elaine and Ro....I like that method of countdown....because by those calculations....I only have 2 holidays to count...yeah baby. Only thing sad about it is that when those two holidays pass....summer too has past for the most part...and heaven knows we waited long enough for it to get here to wish it all away.....BUT.....as long as they are flying by...we might as well look forward to the trip...right?? LOL. Lynn....July 14th is close enough to be thinking about packing (at least I would be)...oh, who am I kidding...I would already have stuff piling up in the spare room anticipating packing....hehehee. Have a great time in paradise....I'm sure you will hear that numerous times between now and then...so continue to countdown...and dream about a wonderful time..
ruba


And to really get me in the mood, guess what I did yesterday? I bought a whole bunch of suntan lotion that was on sale at Walmart. Just couldn't pass it up. When I buy lotion for our trip, it's usually February and the pickins are slim. Got some really good deals yesterday. Going to start my Aruba box in the basement nice and early this year. Ha, like 8th months early. No, No - I mean 5 HOLIDAYS early. Again, thanks for the logic Elaine. Works for us, right Ruba?

Elaine S Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010 10:45 AM

Re: count down time
 
Too funny, Ro!! I have two Aruba drawers!! Not the ones you wear!! lol
I buy stuff through the year when it's on sale, and stash it away for my next trip! So far, no new sandals, but a couple new bathing suits!!

I buy my suntan lotion when I get there 'cause I love the Aruba Aloe...

Now we can holiday count instead of daily count!!! :party:


Quote:

Originally Posted by roschone (Post 100320)
And to really get me in the mood, guess what I did yesterday? I bought a whole bunch of suntan lotion that was on sale at Walmart. Just couldn't pass it up. When I buy lotion for our trip, it's usually February and the pickins are slim. Got some really good deals yesterday. Going to start my Aruba box in the basement nice and early this year. Ha, like 8th months early. No, No - I mean 5 HOLIDAYS early. Again, thanks for the logic Elaine. Works for us, right Ruba?


roschone Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010 12:43 PM

Re: count down time
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elaine S (Post 100321)
Too funny, Ro!! I have two Aruba drawers!! Not the ones you wear!! lol
I buy stuff through the year when it's on sale, and stash it away for my next trip! So far, no new sandals, but a couple new bathing suits!!

I buy my suntan lotion when I get there 'cause I love the Aruba Aloe...

Now we can holiday count instead of daily count!!! :party:

You are definitely more organized than I am. I always SAY I'm going to get stuff for Aruba throughout the year, but there I am every February scrambling around. I have my Aruba boxes that I start when I return from our trip, but by the time vacation rolls around it has migrated to the unknown corners of our house. Maybe this year will be different - right now I'm off to a good start. I won't burn anyway!

pgsoder Wednesday, June 23rd, 2010 10:02 AM

Re: count down time
 
I'm like Elaine, except I have 4 drawers in a dresser with my Aruba stuff. I too start swimsuit shopping the day after I get back. I find great deals and fits on line. When it gets close to "packing time", I open the drawers and "shop" for what I will bring with me. It is kinda fun. Silly but fun! As a matter of fact, Elaine and I have some of the same suits. We have great taste. Right Elaine?

Elaine S Wednesday, June 23rd, 2010 10:50 AM

Re: count down time
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pgsoder (Post 100339)
I'm like Elaine, except I have 4 drawers in a dresser with my Aruba stuff. I too start swimsuit shopping the day after I get back. I find great deals and fits on line. When it gets close to "packing time", I open the drawers and "shop" for what I will bring with me. It is kinda fun. Silly but fun! As a matter of fact, Elaine and I have some of the same suits. We have great taste. Right Elaine?


absopositively!! lol

LynnS Saturday, July 10th, 2010 07:24 AM

Re: count down time
 
Well hubby is on his way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dropped him at the airport at 6 am--that is the middle of the night for me. Went to Micky D's for breakfast:thumbs_up
Home now and start doing laundry,cleaning,dog to kennel and packing for me. Hubby says--you have the next 4 days all for yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!:baring_te:rolleyes:

pgsoder Saturday, July 10th, 2010 09:58 AM

Re: count down time
 
Lynn, now isn't that just like a "man".
"you'll have 4 days all to yourself". right, to do the laundry, pack for yourself, bring dog to kennel, and clean the house, and then finally, drive yourself to the airport. He should have brought YOU to the airport and gone back home and done all those chores. LOL:wink_smil

roschone Sunday, July 11th, 2010 08:33 PM

Re: count down time
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LynnS (Post 100670)
Well hubby is on his way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dropped him at the airport at 6 am--that is the middle of the night for me. Went to Micky D's for breakfast:thumbs_up
Home now and start doing laundry,cleaning,dog to kennel and packing for me. Hubby says--you have the next 4 days all for yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!:baring_te:rolleyes:

Like Gina says, sometimes they're just sooo clueless.... Well, you'll be so busy the time will just fly by, right?

LynnS Wednesday, July 14th, 2010 02:08 AM

Re: count down time
 
I am finally packed.
Have my list of restaurants-boarding pass-credit card and meds-oh and a few swim suits. I am ready.
Riu-here I come!!!!!!

dwippies Wednesday, July 14th, 2010 06:30 AM

Re: count down time
 
safe journeys lynn with lots of sun, calm seas, great food and the best bartenders.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LynnS (Post 100726)
I am finally packed.
Have my list of restaurants-boarding pass-credit card and meds-oh and a few swim suits. I am ready.
Riu-here I come!!!!!!


ruba4ever Wednesday, July 14th, 2010 08:33 AM

Re: count down time
 
Have a wonderful trip Lynn....relax and enjoy your time in paradise.
Please give us a snippet now and again of your fun if you can...:thumbs_up
ruba

roschone Thursday, July 15th, 2010 12:33 PM

Re: count down time
 
You're probably gone by now, but have a great time!!!! Well, I've only got 4 more holidays to go!!!!!

pgsoder Thursday, July 15th, 2010 01:54 PM

Re: count down time
 
Lynn, if you check in, have a super time on your vacation.

LynnS Thursday, July 15th, 2010 06:11 PM

Re: count down time
 
Thanks-I am still home-had to postpone departure from Wed. till tomorrow.
I had some stomach bug that said-you are NOT getting on a plane.:thumbs_do

Hopefully tomorrow will go as planned. I am ready for sun,sand and blue water.

arubanut Thursday, July 15th, 2010 08:10 PM

Re: count down time
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LynnS (Post 100751)
...Hopefully tomorrow will go as planned. I am ready for sun,sand and blue water.

I hope so...
Enjoy your vacation Lynn !!!
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...0/IMG_4154.jpg

LynnS Thursday, July 15th, 2010 08:18 PM

Re: count down time
 
Love your pictures!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs_up

Thanks

Elaine S Thursday, July 15th, 2010 08:35 PM

Re: count down time
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roschone (Post 100745)
You're probably gone by now, but have a great time!!!! Well, I've only got 4 more holidays to go!!!!!

Now you got it, Ro!!! lol People who know I go every year, and also know how psyched I get, always ask me how many days! I say... 4 more holidays!!!

Lynn... so sorry to hear you had the bug, but happy that you'll be on our favorite island tomorrow. Safe flight, feel good, and have a wonderful vacation.

ruba4ever Friday, July 16th, 2010 10:32 AM

Re: count down time
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roschone (Post 100745)
You're probably gone by now, but have a great time!!!! Well, I've only got 4 more holidays to go!!!!!

Lynn...have a safe trip...sorry you had the bug that kept you home a little longer...but now it will hopefully be smooth sailing....

Ro....I'm down to 1 holiday.....yea!!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2006 -2011 - CaribMedia.com