Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Divi Village Beach and Golf Resort

Divi Village Beach and Golf Resort This Forum is for Divi Village Beach and Golf Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Monday, December 7th, 2009, 07:01 PM

ryeakk1 is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone been lied to by Divi Village Golf Sales Staff?

Has anyone been lied to by Divi Village Golf sales staff like I have been?
I see on this forum (as others) that alot of people are looking to sell and if they can't sell, rent.
Seems to me Divi Golf sales staff lied to more people than just me- my wife and I were very naive in getting the villa timeshare at that place as we were lied to by the sales staff, consequence of being young and loving the good vacation we were having in Aruba. Lies we were told- maintenance fee would never go up; you can write off the payments in the USA because it is a "mortgage payment"; you can bring a pet; when you don't use the property Divi will rent for $6K per week for you; and a host of other lies.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, December 8th, 2009, 08:05 PM

Brad is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone been lied to by Divi Village Golf Sales Staff?

My wife & I have sat through a couple of Divi timeshare sale presentations, including the Links. None of the items mentioned in your message were ever promised to us by the sales staff. To the contrary the representatives mentioned that maintenance fees would go up modestly .. what doesn't go up? We were never told that payments could be written off as mortgage payments ... did you check with your tax preparer? I've been browsing through these postings for several years and have never seen an Aruba timeshare week advertised for rent at $6K per week, nor have I seen pets at any of the Aruba timeshares. It's unfortunate that your purchase turned into a bad experience as Aruba is truly a wonderful place to vacation. We purchased our timeshare at the Divi Phoenix two years ago and have been very happy with the recent improvements and upgrades to the property.
Old Tuesday, December 8th, 2009, 08:50 PM

ryeakk1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone been lied to by Divi Village Golf Sales Staff?

Brad,

Sounds like you got an honest or semi-honest sales person that you spoke with. Mine, as I have found out later, was not. We committed the cardinal sin- buy on emotion- as we were having a great time in Aruba. We should've done our homework and now we are paying for our mistake.

Don't get me wrong: I like Aruba as a vacation spot.
What I dislike: Mis-leading sales staff.

Anyone else have a bad experience with Divi sales staff?