Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Divi Village Beach and Golf Resort

Divi Village Beach and Golf Resort This Forum is for Divi Village Beach and Golf Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Friday, April 18th, 2008, 11:22 AM

divilinda is on a distinguished road
Default Suggestion--Rental board

Maybe there's already a rental board out there for the Divi and I just don't know about it.

But, I think it would be helpful to have a web page where owners willing to rent their weeks could list what week(s) they own and the price they're asking.

I'm sure there are owners who would like to rent out their week(s), and a central place for this info would make it easier.

Does anyone else think this would be a good idea?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Friday, April 18th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Suggestion--Rental board

linda, i never found one and that is a shame. however, at least on our board here you can post any rentals you want. i'm going to talk it over with the webmasters and see if we can actually dedicate to separate timeshares somehow. we already have the forums. maybe we can do something else to work it out. give me a little time to work on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divilinda View Post
Maybe there's already a rental board out there for the Divi and I just don't know about it.

But, I think it would be helpful to have a web page where owners willing to rent their weeks could list what week(s) they own and the price they're asking.

I'm sure there are owners who would like to rent out their week(s), and a central place for this info would make it easier.

Does anyone else think this would be a good idea?
Old Friday, April 18th, 2008, 11:57 AM

Sherry--

Here is a page of sales/rentals that another property on the island maintains. I hear it's successful because of the readily available, all in one place, info

http://webnova.com/laquinta/sales_&_rentals.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
linda, i never found one and that is a shame. however, at least on our board here you can post any rentals you want. i'm going to talk it over with the webmasters and see if we can actually dedicate to separate timeshares somehow. we already have the forums. maybe we can do something else to work it out. give me a little time to work on it.
Old Friday, April 18th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

yes, costa linda does the same thing as does abc and cdm. it is great for the owners and certainly great for anyone who wants to rent or buy. i have never understood why the divi properties don't do it. i know one timeshare doesn't want people publishing prices because it detracts from the timeshare's outrageous rental rack rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divilinda View Post
Sherry--

Here is a page of sales/rentals that another property on the island maintains. I hear it's successful because of the readily available, all in one place, info

http://webnova.com/laquinta/sales_&_rentals.htm
Old Friday, April 18th, 2008, 12:32 PM

This could also be an "independent web page" started by someone who owns at Divi. If it was successful, word of mouth would generated more interest and more postings by Divi owners. Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
yes, costa linda does the same thing as does abc and cdm. it is great for the owners and certainly great for anyone who wants to rent or buy. i have never understood why the divi properties don't do it. i know one timeshare doesn't want people publishing prices because it detracts from the timeshare's outrageous rental rack rates.
Old Saturday, April 19th, 2008, 02:05 PM

dvaruba is on a distinguished road

There are two groups that list some sort of rentals at Divi Village at:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Divitimeshareowners/
and at:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/divivillagearuba/

They are in no sort of order. I think one board would be a great idea.
Old Friday, July 4th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Aruba Expert

PhoenixGirl is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Suggestion--Rental board

It really would be fantastic to see the rentals available all in one place! What would really be great is if the owners could list the week, the unit, and the price so that there isn't all this emailing back and forth just to find out the price. LaQuinta's list was perfect as to the layout.
Old Thursday, July 10th, 2008, 03:47 PM

rizzojo is on a distinguished road

Don't know if last reply posted but we do have a owners site.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Divitimeshareowners/