Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Costa Linda Resort

Costa Linda Resort This Forum is for Costa Linda Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Wednesday, January 30th, 2008, 02:59 AM

ehoover320 is on a distinguished road
Default Costa Linda

With the ongoing turmoil at Costa Linda is it worthwhile to buy a timeshare there? We where thinking of maybe week #41 but don't know what to expect. What's the story!
Old Wednesday, January 30th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Costa Linda

ed, i moved this to the proper area so it can be found by anyone looking.

you ask a good question. the answer is, even at its worst, costa linda is an excellent resort. the turmoil and infighting isn't affecting the average owner. very little has changed. if the price is right and you like costa linda, i wouldn't be afraid to buy there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehoover320 View Post
With the ongoing turmoil at Costa Linda is it worthwhile to buy a timeshare there? We where thinking of maybe week #41 but don't know what to expect. What's the story!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, January 30th, 2008, 08:32 AM

ARUBA777 is on a distinguished road

i am not a timeshare owner there only because i already have 2 however i have stayed there a couple of times and the people were very accommodating.
Old Wednesday, January 30th, 2008, 08:23 PM

felicia is on a distinguished road

I definitely agree with Sherry. We own a 2 bedroom unit weeks 51, 52 & 1. That being said, I wish I was back there already! It's wonderful.

Old Wednesday, April 9th, 2008, 01:14 PM

all4yall is on a distinguished road

I too think this might be a good time to buy with the natalie boycott and slowed U.S. economy, BUT; I am concerned with potentially being saddled with a large assessment. Do you guys have any idea what the largest possible assessment could be? Also, I know this is listed as a Gold Crown; is there a possibility of losing that status? Have you had good luck exchanging? Thank you in advance for helping me make this tough purchasing decision.
Old Wednesday, April 9th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Administrator

first, there is no natalee boycott. been there done that. it's all gone and it was barely there to begin with. the island is busy. second, although they aren't talking about it, i agree there will be an assessment although there shouldn't be since they already hiked our fees enough. how much? whatever they can soak us for is my guess. if lacabana can get away with the high assessment they are doing then costa linda can go them one better, lol. the only way i would buy now is if they offered a 2 for 1 deal or something good like that. you can easily rent at most timeshares for not too much more than the maintenance fees. why have a big bill for the timeshare itself? sorry if i sound negative but even loving my timeshare i see problems with buying one at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4yall View Post
I too think this might be a good time to buy with the natalie boycott and slowed U.S. economy, BUT; I am concerned with potentially being saddled with a large assessment. Do you guys have any idea what the largest possible assessment could be? Also, I know this is listed as a Gold Crown; is there a possibility of losing that status? Have you had good luck exchanging? Thank you in advance for helping me make this tough purchasing decision.
Old Wednesday, April 9th, 2008, 01:57 PM

all4yall is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Costa Linda

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I read that an assessment of $450 was proposed, but shot down until next meeting. So, I am assuming that amount. I am considering purchasing an October week for $5000 from a friend. One; because I love Aruba and I love the CL location. I do want to see the rooms updated. Secondly, I want access to RCI gold crown resorts around the world for my maint. fee. Have you had good success with RCI and is my logic sound??? thanks again!
Old Wednesday, April 9th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Administrator

your logic is sound but rci sucks, lol. we are also part of II and i hear that is better. it would have to be since it can't get much worse. rci is being sued for what it is doing to owners.

at the price of $5k it is doable. costa linda is wonderful and if the assements is no more than $500 then it is tolerable depending upon what the give us for the money. if it is to update the units, i must say i could update my house, buy furniture and carpet, revamp it, and add a gigantic addition plus pool for $500 x 51, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4yall View Post
Thank you very much for the quick reply. I read that an assessment of $450 was proposed, but shot down until next meeting. So, I am assuming that amount. I am considering purchasing an October week for $5000 from a friend. One; because I love Aruba and I love the CL location. I do want to see the rooms updated. Secondly, I want access to RCI gold crown resorts around the world for my maint. fee. Have you had good success with RCI and is my logic sound??? thanks again!
Old Thursday, July 17th, 2008, 02:11 PM

skipper is on a distinguished road

I have been a member for over 10 years and I didn't even know there were issues!