Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Costa Linda Resort

Costa Linda Resort This Forum is for Costa Linda Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Thursday, January 25th, 2007, 10:52 PM

Alan Carlin is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Linda Rapaport's Weak Defense of Greg Wallace

Linda Rapaport Writes a Weak Defense of Greg Wallace!

Linda,

Your answer that you never received any email from Greg Wallace is still
insufficient. What you have omitted is whether you have questioned Greg as to whether he included your personal email address and Carol Bengis’ personal email address as real (or phony) email recipients shown as “hide details” in his Threat Letter he emailed to me. I uncovered your names when I “unhid” the “details”.

If you don’t believe me and you don’t feel it’s necessary or comfortable to question Greg, then maybe you’d like to ask Sherry, who moderates this website, if I have been telling the truth.
She has seen proof of my complaint and can verify my statement that you and Carol were included in his header! If Greg finally admits to this, will you still defend him?

You seem to be deliberately avoiding facing the truth that you have teamed up with an immature, untrustworthy individual in the interest of defending Cy Holley – who also has a different reputation than the “brave knight” you have chosen to describe in your obviously political, carefully worded responses!

You have also chosen to ignore Greg’s repeated lie describing me (in his last failed attempt to excuse himself) as a “friend” of Barbara Berger and a “friend” of Steven Berger. I have NEVER been their “friend” – although I am also not their enemy! I don’t know them, nor have I ever been involved in any correspondence between them and Greg.

I really don’t have any idea what their emails Greg has posted mean! Do you? Have you asked Greg what he did to instigate the reaction of Barbara Berger? I have personally experienced Greg’s childish pranks, but he had gone too far with his phony Threat Letter. So now what did he pull on Barbara Berger? Her “threat”, as I interpret it from Greg’s Post, seems to promise Greg that she will expose him for something he did to get personal information about her. That would seem in line with Greg’s uncovering my personal information (as well as your personal info) to use in his threat letter. Does this make any sense to you – or are you now going to think I know Barbara Berger because I don’t know what her letter refers to – and, therefore, I don’t know what she is “guilty” of?

Please refrain from using the word “attack”, which, as a political writer, you may be accustomed use. I am not “attacking” Greg or Cy. I am interested in giving an opposing, educated understanding for the Members to consider before they place their faith in people with whom they really may not be familiar. Greg and Cy have personally proven themselves as untrustworthy to me and I have the right to express my experiences just as much as you have the right to try to defend them!

I know that truth is on my side! So far, all the lies and hidden agenda have been proven to come from Greg and Cy.

Please don’t bother to respond until you have spoken to Greg and Sherry. I don’t expect to hear from you again if you do, because you should be too ashamed to admit I was right that the person you are defending tried to implicate you! Your ensuing silence should convince the Members to revoke any Proxy they have assigned to you and Greg.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, January 25th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Linda Rapaport's Weak Defense of Greg Wallace

actually, although i don't want to become involved in this i have confronted linda and carol. their explanation to me was quite sufficient to leave me with a great doubt as to their receipt of the email. yes, alan, their email addresses were on the email. i have seen a copy of that. however, both claim to have a high setting on spam as i used to have until being forced to lower it to be able to receive the enormous amount of emails i get as a moderator. until that point, all emails from unknown sources or bulk mailings came to my junk folder and i rarely even checked it. if i didn't know you and you weren't on my list, i didn't want to hear from you. personally, i wish i could still keep the filter that way but can't.

never think that this moderator takes sides. i will present a balanced honest view. all on this board know that.

the sending of that email by greg was immature and foolish. there is no doubt of that. but i refuse to include carol or linda in the scenario. their explanations satisfied me and i will not judge guilt without proof.

it is up to the rest of you to make your own decisions on this matter. but i really do think that this topic has been talked about ad nauseum.

alan, greg, carol, linda and anyone else who seems involved in this email, i am NOT closing this thread but maybe it is time to stop the bull and talk about solutions? we can carry grudges to our graves and spend our lives bitter or we can be contructive and eliminate the problems.

can i hear a 'aye'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Carlin View Post
Linda Rapaport Writes a Weak Defense of Greg Wallace!

Linda,

Your answer that you never received any email from Greg Wallace is still
insufficient. What you have omitted is whether you have questioned Greg as to whether he included your personal email address and Carol Bengis’ personal email address as real (or phony) email recipients shown as “hide details” in his Threat Letter he emailed to me. I uncovered your names when I “unhid” the “details”.

If you don’t believe me and you don’t feel it’s necessary or comfortable to question Greg, then maybe you’d like to ask Sherry, who moderates this website, if I have been telling the truth.
She has seen proof of my complaint and can verify my statement that you and Carol were included in his header! If Greg finally admits to this, will you still defend him?

You seem to be deliberately avoiding facing the truth that you have teamed up with an immature, untrustworthy individual in the interest of defending Cy Holley – who also has a different reputation than the “brave knight” you have chosen to describe in your obviously political, carefully worded responses!

You have also chosen to ignore Greg’s repeated lie describing me (in his last failed attempt to excuse himself) as a “friend” of Barbara Berger and a “friend” of Steven Berger. I have NEVER been their “friend” – although I am also not their enemy! I don’t know them, nor have I ever been involved in any correspondence between them and Greg.

I really don’t have any idea what their emails Greg has posted mean! Do you? Have you asked Greg what he did to instigate the reaction of Barbara Berger? I have personally experienced Greg’s childish pranks, but he had gone too far with his phony Threat Letter. So now what did he pull on Barbara Berger? Her “threat”, as I interpret it from Greg’s Post, seems to promise Greg that she will expose him for something he did to get personal information about her. That would seem in line with Greg’s uncovering my personal information (as well as your personal info) to use in his threat letter. Does this make any sense to you – or are you now going to think I know Barbara Berger because I don’t know what her letter refers to – and, therefore, I don’t know what she is “guilty” of?

Please refrain from using the word “attack”, which, as a political writer, you may be accustomed use. I am not “attacking” Greg or Cy. I am interested in giving an opposing, educated understanding for the Members to consider before they place their faith in people with whom they really may not be familiar. Greg and Cy have personally proven themselves as untrustworthy to me and I have the right to express my experiences just as much as you have the right to try to defend them!

I know that truth is on my side! So far, all the lies and hidden agenda have been proven to come from Greg and Cy.

Please don’t bother to respond until you have spoken to Greg and Sherry. I don’t expect to hear from you again if you do, because you should be too ashamed to admit I was right that the person you are defending tried to implicate you! Your ensuing silence should convince the Members to revoke any Proxy they have assigned to you and Greg.
Old Friday, January 26th, 2007, 10:16 AM

Linda R is on a distinguished road

Alan,

If you truly "don't expect to hear" from me again until I meet whatever your artificial demand of the day is, well, as usual, you are mistaken.

Yes... all are rather tired of this thread, but I can't seem to resist the urge to hold up the mirror to you, Alan.

Once again for the record:

I never received any email containing your post.

I was never a political writer. You need better sources for your information.

Yes, indeed I will use the word attack where your posts are concerned. It is all you seem to know how to do. You are not the least bit interested in having a civil dialogue about the issues that CL members care about. You don't have to be a shrink to see what drives your boat is your intense dislike for CY HOLLEY.

Stop throwing around the moderator in your messages. Let's not forget that she reprimanded both you and Greg right here on this bb. I invite readers to go to to view the reprimand at
http://bb.visitaruba.com/showthread.php?t=5734, 4th one down, so they can see that you are certainly not without criticism for your own behavior.Your 15 minutes of fame on this issue is about over.

If you want proof that the wife of CL's Finance Committe Chairman, Mrs. Barbara Berger is "Tennisbum16" and the author of a string of nasty and threatening e-mails sent to Greg, just do what he did. I invite you, Alan, and all the readers to Google
tennisbum16@aol.com and they will easily come upon a guest book from El Gaucho's and the Turtle's Nest Restaurant signed by Steven and Barbara Berger and providing favorable comments about the beef.

Can't let you of the hook on your refusal to weigh in on Mrs. Berger's anonymous, scary emails and her husband's and Mr. Schepp's silence about her creepy messages. Maybe you need to read through them again to jog your conscience.

Until next time, when I hope we can just agree to disagree and move on from this topic.

TENNISBUM16@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 01:02:07 EST
To:
gwallace@thescannerguys.com

my emailSubject: Re: Costa Linda BB --- Censored Posts of Cy Holley
was not forwarded by a member! you stole it!
you dont even know the facts about what that petition is all about.
MR. HOLLEY is in this all for himself.
I call him MR. because he is no DR.
he is just one big sore loser since he did not get his own way.
costa linda is run for all the members even those who have only one week.
why would he ever want an increase in maintenence when he owns 51+ weeks.
also, why is he selling his 51 weeks and has already sold 3 other weeks that i know of?
sour grapes and bye bye holley. we will get along fine without you.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Subject: Re: Costa Linda BB --- Censored Posts of Cy Holley
TENNISBUM16@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 14:20:01 EST
To:
gwallace@thescannerguys.com

so, mr. wallace, tell me who gave you my name?
i have a right to know!
i am contacting someone i know in your state and they will get to you.
you have illegally stole my email as well as a friend and cousins also.
dont play dumb! you know what you did. i have a computer nerd friend also.
he told me just what you did. i am sure that the agency i will contact will get to the bottom of this illegal manipulation and the stealing of private email addresses. dont think being in aruba will get you out of this. not so!

TENNISBUM
Old Friday, January 26th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

i absolutely hate to add to this thread. it really needs to die a natural death of total boredom but i must set the record straight. as you all can figure out, i have sources for information.

this afternoon a source gave me some information that verifies linda r's protests. the email address that was on the email that alan forwarded to me was NOT her email. it was a family member.

i will go into absolutely no more detail about it because in order to do that i would extend this thread again. i can't bear that.

now, can we actually behave like adults and stop the bull?