Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Costa Linda Resort

Costa Linda Resort This Forum is for Costa Linda Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Saturday, May 9th, 2009, 08:38 PM

COLBY is on a distinguished road
Default May 30th election

I hope all will get out and vote in the election the end of this month. I know it has been made even harder to vote. One has to go into our member website to get the convocation package. The you have to print the ballot and send a notarized form or copies of your members card to prove that it is really you.

Please take a close look at all the postings on our members board. Most of the postings and or responses are from a few that are running for a seat on the Board. Please read the responses or postings carefully and listen to the tone that is coming across when reading.

One should remember what they realized when reading,that this is the way the individuals may act when & if elected.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Friday, May 15th, 2009, 07:56 AM

Linda VH is on a distinguished road
Default Re: May 30th election

Colby, you can send a copy of your drivers license or passport rather than having a notarized copy of anything. We are saving $80,000 by having the convocation on line!!!! I will be here in Aruba for the vote but I still have to have copies of the ballot.
Old Saturday, May 30th, 2009, 12:26 PM

The voting has taken place and the members voted overwhelmingly to seat four new board members. All propositions passed except for 8 and 9 which the sitting board asked for a no vote. They got the no vote!
Old Saturday, May 30th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Aruba Expert

LynnS is on a distinguished road

Not an owner just curious-is the seating of 4 new people a good thing?
Old Saturday, May 30th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

it depends on who you ask, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnS View Post
Not an owner just curious-is the seating of 4 new people a good thing?
Old Saturday, May 30th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Aruba Expert

LynnS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
it depends on who you ask, lol.
LOL-Thanks Sherry- I guess I should have guessed that.
Hope it is all good for the CL owners. It is a very nice resort. Hope to stay there one day.
Old Sunday, May 31st, 2009, 09:47 AM

Yes it is a good thing! The membership voted overwhelmingly to seat a 9 member board. This was not done - papers not filed, no follow up, etc. - by previous boards for obvious reasons. This was one of the few issues that we owners agreed upon without any naysaying. I guess I don't understand Sherry's response unless she favored the previous boards.
Old Sunday, May 31st, 2009, 09:50 AM
Administrator

hi linda, it isn't a matter of who i wanted in. it is just a statement of fact. many are happy and some are not. so it depends on who you ask as to how they feel just as in any election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda VH View Post
Yes it is a good thing! The membership voted overwhelmingly to seat a 9 member board. This was not done - papers not filed, no follow up, etc. - by previous boards for obvious reasons. This was one of the few issues that we owners agreed upon without any naysaying. I guess I don't understand Sherry's response unless she favored the previous boards.
Old Sunday, May 31st, 2009, 12:00 PM

Sherry, the question was about electing 4 new board members not who was elected. I have heard no one say anything negative about 4 new board members being elected.
Old Sunday, May 31st, 2009, 12:08 PM
Administrator

linda, i don't get it. i am stating a generalization. it will always depend on who you talk to as to what the opinion is. the day that 100% of all voters on any question will agree on anything will be the day of the second coming. no ulterior motives were there. personally, i don't give a flying fig if 4 new members, no matter who they are, were added. i care only that whomever is on the BOD does a good job for our timeshares. so, again i say, it depends on who you talk to.

Quote:
Sherry, the question was about electing 4 new board members not who was elected. I have heard no one say anything negative about 4 new board members being elected.
Old Sunday, May 31st, 2009, 01:19 PM

The days leading up to this election have been contentious enough - last post for me.
Old Sunday, May 31st, 2009, 01:28 PM
Administrator

last post for me but please understand this. i decided a long while ago that i would keep to the original neutral position that i had before i was dragged into this fray. i have neither expressed my views to anyone nor posted any comments on any forum for many months. i don't plan to start now.

the good thing in doing that was to realize that my priorities lie elsewhere besides costa linda. i love the place but who runs it and how many run it means nothing to me as long as it runs well and i can go there for my vacation. instead i concentrate on the important things in life: my family, my friends, and aruba itself. therefore, i don't have post costa linda election stress.

as to my generality on elections was said with a sense of humor and that was all it was. i am sorry you took it to mean something else but i have no control over that. i still look forward to visiting with you and marshall during weeks #32 and 33.

Quote:
The days leading up to this election have been contentious enough - last post for me.