Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Costa Linda Resort

Costa Linda Resort This Forum is for Costa Linda Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Tuesday, October 16th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default the members coalition --- united

The Members Coalition --- United

After receiving some emails and phone calls, we discovered that we may have caused confusion regarding the previous post, so we thought it was best to clarify the name Costa Linda United Members. We are still the same Coalition that has been active since last November, and has been providing you with information for the past year. You will recognize Greg Wallace’s and Carol Bengis’ names from all of the information the Coalition has sent out.

The main difference is that a few owners, who have been critical of some of the Coalition’s views in the past, have now joined forces with us recognizing that it would be more effective to work together than waste time and energy working against each other.

As a united group of owners with the same goal, we CAN'T fail to achieve all of our objectives as outlined. It will also show the 3 Aruban Board members and CLBR Management that we are no longer fighting among ourselves, but have united to regain control of Costa Linda for and by its members. We also hope this will reassure the CLBR employees that we are all working together on their behalf to improve the conditions at Costa Linda.

We want all of the Costa Linda owners to know that we are the same Coalition they know, but an even larger, more diverse group of owners, who also feel it is important to show our solidarity as we move forward. That is why we used the name Costa Linda United Members. Call us the Costa Linda United Members or the Members Coalition or even better the Members Coalition --- United, they are one in the same.

We are a more inclusive group working for the common interests of all owners, we invite you to join us in our determination to return Costa Linda to its members.

If you have not already provided your contact information (email address and/or home address), please email it to us at: SIGNUP@COSTA-LINDA.ORG

The Members Coalition --- United

Greg Wallace
Carol Bengis
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, October 16th, 2007, 11:49 AM

retireddave is on a distinguished road
Default Re: the members coalition --- united

For some time, I've felt that the animosity between certain owners as expressed on this Bulletin Board, and I was one of many contributors, was counter-productive to pursuing the goals that are so important to the future of CLBR. And it was with a sense of trepidation that I contacted some folks in positions of leadership with the Members Coaltion to suggest that maybe we could stop battling each other and work together to restore CLBR's stability and credibility. You know what? When those folks responded to my inquiry, we found that we shared the same goals and objectives and an equal passion for bringing about change in the way the resort is run.

I've been portrayed as a malcontent determined to divide and conquer the Coalition. Nothing is further from the truth. While I didn't always agree with their tactics, I respected the amount of effort the Coalition's leadership exerted on behalf of owners. My decision to join with several members of that leadership group, who'd become disenchanted and, in some cases, disenfranchised, was prompted solely by my desire to help rally owners to support what we agree is in the best interests of CLBR. The result is that we have formed a collaborative that would have been unthinkable just a few months ago.

Now, we hope to enlist the support of other owners who are committed to our goals of having an extraordinary members meeting to act on several issues important to all of us. First and foremost, we must replace the Arubans who form the majority of our board of directors with three individuals who are committed to the philosophy that nothing of any substance will be accomplished unless and until the entire board works as a team. Second, we must have an independent evaluation of CLBR's management structure and practices. We need a management that will understand that it is being held to a higher standard of performance and will be held accountable for meeting those expectations.

We are at an important crossroads in the history of CLBR. We invite owners who agree with our goals and objectives to join with us and demonstrate that, like us, you think the time has come to reject politics as usual and get on with the business at hand.

Dave Lorenzatti
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook