Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Costa Linda Resort

Costa Linda Resort This Forum is for Costa Linda Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Wednesday, January 10th, 2007, 09:34 PM

leftyjy is on a distinguished road
Question Sales Department

I check the CLBR web-site a few times every day. The 'Timeshares for Sale' listing seems to update about every 8 or 9 days. I posted a question there several days ago: "What venues does the Sales Department use to list the available units for sale?" No answer was ever posted. I check the ArubaToday web-site a couple times a week and have never seen any listing. When on the Island in October I noticed, in one of those free magazines on a table in the lobby, a small, generic ad trying to sell timeshare units. No prices, just a small graphic ad with the usual CLBR photo. Has anyone seen CLBR Timeshare ads anywhere else? Thanx
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, January 10th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sales Department

i have seen them in aruba today. usually it is a private sale or a realtor. i have never seen one offered anywhere by cl itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyjy View Post
I check the CLBR web-site a few times every day. The 'Timeshares for Sale' listing seems to update about every 8 or 9 days. I posted a question there several days ago: "What venues does the Sales Department use to list the available units for sale?" No answer was ever posted. I check the ArubaToday web-site a couple times a week and have never seen any listing. When on the Island in October I noticed, in one of those free magazines on a table in the lobby, a small, generic ad trying to sell timeshare units. No prices, just a small graphic ad with the usual CLBR photo. Has anyone seen CLBR Timeshare ads anywhere else? Thanx
Old Thursday, January 11th, 2007, 05:43 PM

leftyjy is on a distinguished road

From what I gather from my annual May/June visit to CLBR in '06 was that there were new employees working in the sales office. If I'm not mistaken, one of the days, Melany was working there to fill in. Melany, as you know is Miriam's frequent answerer to the Members' BB postings. When we were on Aruba (at the Phoenix) for two weeks in October, we stopped by CLBR to pay our maintenance fees in person (at this point, this conversation could easily go off in a few spicy tangents, but I'll refrain) and, instead of going into the accounting office to pay, we were steered to the Sales Office, where another new person was 'working'. The usual printout of the on-line 'Units For Sale' listing was taped to the office glass wall. At that time, it was dated about two weeks prior. I asked if there would be a new, updated listing posted soon and the woman said it would be the same list with only a date change. I'm no 'business whiz-kid' but it would seem that these units that were listed were priced too high. For sure, we'd all like them to be sold for top dollar. But, I think times have changed and in order for the resort to cut their losses, that NEW, UPDATED listing should have reflected some reduced prices, especially for the 1st floor units along the north facing side. They very lightly announce that CLBR owners can deduct 20% from the listed prices. Why not list the prices with the 20% already deducted??? Then, those owners who did not realize they could get that discount, and the several renters who were on site could see sharply reduced prices. I did notice that CLBR did purchase a complete back outside cover ad in one of those free magazines. Now, THAT cost a lot of money! I think a smaller ad, with some units actually listed, located within the first 10 or 12 pages would cost a heck of a lot less and draw many more queries. Just thinking out loud here!
Old Friday, January 12th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Aruba Expert

Carol is on a distinguished road

John, this has been one of my pet peeves. We don't have a Marketing Plan that is directed towards SALES. Any CLBR ads I've seen are image ads, not SALES ads. Until we get a Marketing Plan in place that is SALES oriented, I don't think you'll see any changes in the results.