Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Divi Phoenix Resort

Divi Phoenix Resort This Forum is for Divi Phoenix Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Tuesday, September 7th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Aruba Expert

droykelly is on a distinguished road
Default Rental info please...........

I rented our two weeks & am waiting for Divi to send new confirmations in my renters name. If I don't get them, what will they need to check in? Is a copy of the rental agreement & a notarized letter enough?

I really wish Divi had decent customer service staff. We purchased our first timeshare from Divi in 1991 & I've never had a good experience when I have to call................ Which I do very rarely!

I will not sit on the porch and watch life go by without participating!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, September 9th, 2010, 01:12 AM

RW3025 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rental info please...........

Why not just call Divi instead of posting here & asking for an answer that only Divi can supply?
Old Thursday, September 9th, 2010, 04:57 AM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW3025 View Post
Why not just call Divi instead of posting here & asking for an answer that only Divi can supply?
Thanks.............. I was looking for help, not sarcasm!

FWIW, I've spoken to Divi a couple of times & they have yet to send the new confirmations with our renters name as promised.

Old Thursday, September 9th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

russ, the purpose of this forum is to supply info when people can't find it elsewhere. that is why it was posted here. without questions and the answers they supply, there would be no reason for these forums.

as to divi, as much as i love the place, they supply the same hem and haw answers that the politicians you are familiar with do, lol. they are notorious for not replying or giving an obscure answer. as a test run, call them and ask them 1. when will they get internet that that the owners can actually use and 2. why don't they have internet that the owners can actually use.

Quote:
Old Thursday, September 9th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Aruba Expert

PhoenixGirl is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Rental info please...........

Sherry,

I email and call at least once a week to harrass them about the poor internet provider they use and ask when they will switch to a decent one that works. I never get an answer.
Old Thursday, September 9th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Administrator

rotflmao!!!

yeah, you know a few years ago there were some units there going for a song. i was dying to buy because i love the high rise view and units. at that point they were having problems with the internet. they gave the same lies and never gave me a straight story. i can't stay at a place without in room internet. my other moderators would kill me if i didn't check in for a week or two, lol. if i only had to skip two days while traveling thru senegal, i should not have to miss a single day at the phoenix. sadly, i no longer rent there for that reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixGirl View Post
Sherry,

I email and call at least once a week to harrass them about the poor internet provider they use and ask when they will switch to a decent one that works. I never get an answer.
Old Thursday, September 9th, 2010, 06:38 PM

RW3025 is on a distinguished road

Sorry if I offended you, my answer wasn't meant as sarcasm. You didn't mention having already contacting Divi in your original post.
My dealing with Divi have also resulted in less than steller results at times & other times things have gone well. Good luck.
Old Thursday, September 9th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
Sorry if I offended you, my answer wasn't meant as sarcasm. You didn't mention having already contacting Divi in your original post.
My dealing with Divi have also resulted in less than steller results at times & other times things have gone well. Good luck.

No harm, no foul.............. Divi is notorious for bad customer service & providing inaccurate & misleading information. Amazingly, after multiple calls, today I received an email with the necessary documents attached. I still haven't seen the hard copy they say was sent ...............

Love Phoenix.................. Hate Divi!

Old Friday, September 10th, 2010, 12:03 AM

amarg is on a distinguished road

I have found the laid back attitude of businesses in Aruba very frustrating too. They seem to be more than just relaxed and slow at giving complete timely answers, but more like comatose. I have had similar dealings with Casa Del Mar and waited weeks for answers to emails and been unable to reach anyone who can help me by phone. However, I finally got fed up and sent an email asking my question and at the end of my email I purposely stated that I'd read poor reviews of the service at CDM recently and hoped that it wasn't true and that I couldn't wait to write my own review on all the forums of CDM and what great service I got.
Wouldn't you know it but I got an answer the next day? It was very rude and stated "I've had 4 emails from you" and "as I already told you...". Well I wouldn't write 4 times in 2 months if they'd answer me and she didn't "already tell me" cause I never heard back (I checked my junk folder). I still got an obscure answer to my question "what type of strollers do you have to rent? Are they umbrella or full size and if you're not sure, tell me the brand and make. Is there a sun canopy or a snack tray on the stroller?". That's my question and not too hard I'd think. We'll the answer was " we have standard strollers and they are umbrella full size". If you have a child and have ever purchased a stroller, do you find that answer as ridiculous as I do? It makes no sense and so I give up. I'm just taking my own stroller.
Old Friday, September 10th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Aruba Expert

I agree that there seems to be many service issues in Aruba. I always feel like they'll tell me anything I want to hear in hopes of avoiding a confrontation. However, that doesn't explain my current problem. Divi reservations & customer service is here in the US! In the many years I've been dealing with them, they've been consistent in providing poor service & misinformation.

Old Friday, September 10th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Administrator

wise move amarg. remember though that although english is spoken by every aruban, you are not in the states or canada. there is a bit of a language barrier as there is if you go from english to french canada. both areas speak english but the nuances are not the same.

i will guarantee that most arubans have never heard the term umbrella stroller so they think of it as a stroller with a shade cover. i don't remember ever seeing an umbroller (do they still call them that?) on aruba unless brought by a tourist. full sized and shaded are all that i have seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarg View Post
I have found the laid back attitude of businesses in Aruba very frustrating too. They seem to be more than just relaxed and slow at giving complete timely answers, but more like comatose. I have had similar dealings with Casa Del Mar and waited weeks for answers to emails and been unable to reach anyone who can help me by phone. However, I finally got fed up and sent an email asking my question and at the end of my email I purposely stated that I'd read poor reviews of the service at CDM recently and hoped that it wasn't true and that I couldn't wait to write my own review on all the forums of CDM and what great service I got.
Wouldn't you know it but I got an answer the next day? It was very rude and stated "I've had 4 emails from you" and "as I already told you...". Well I wouldn't write 4 times in 2 months if they'd answer me and she didn't "already tell me" cause I never heard back (I checked my junk folder). I still got an obscure answer to my question "what type of strollers do you have to rent? Are they umbrella or full size and if you're not sure, tell me the brand and make. Is there a sun canopy or a snack tray on the stroller?". That's my question and not too hard I'd think. We'll the answer was " we have standard strollers and they are umbrella full size". If you have a child and have ever purchased a stroller, do you find that answer as ridiculous as I do? It makes no sense and so I give up. I'm just taking my own stroller.