Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Saturday, October 8th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Aruba Expert

sir_drinkalot is on a distinguished road
Default Weather??

I'm only checking in once in a while these days but i'm really quite alarmed at the amount of concern paid to the pending weather in our Aruba..really?

1. We are practically guaranteed what the temp will be 24/7 365 days a year anyway. Guess w hat..its gonna be 82 when the sun is out and 69+ at sunset..there ya go. I'm your weather man. If it rains or sprinkles jump in the pool!!! By the time your head reaches the surface it may be sunny again.

2. If its raining..do what I do..buy an umbrella. It should stop raining almost immediately.

3. If you wanna save a Tiki hut or Palapa area,,just drape something that may be worn by the Morton Salt Girl or Captain Ahab over a chair..it's yours for the day.

4. If you get to the beach a little late..hungover and the beach is crowded? Wait for a cloud to show up and start dancing and singing incoherently as if you crave rain..yes your own rain dance. That spot will soon be yours..

But the weather is always great. (it's our secret) shhhhh

a
Old Wednesday, October 26th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Aruba Expert

Chip is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Weather??

Sir, you should have been there last Friday, at least in the airport area. It must have dumped 3-4 inches between noon and 1:30. It was coming down so hard the cabs were backing up to the doors at departure. The pathway from there to the next building was a solid 2" deep. Once we made it the main terminal I thought we were in the clear, only to find that the section between the duty free and where you reclaim your bags was impassable. The water was pouring down the stairway on the right and flooding that hallway, must have been 4" in that area and the staff armed with brooms, squeegees and cardboard were no match for the tsunami LOL.

It finally let up enough where they could lay down a single path of cardboard, to help with the slickness, and let a single file path get through.

No lightning/thunder just a major deluge, I've never seen it come down like that before. The roads outside and inside the airport were flowing rivers. Good times watching the insanity.

It was probably sunny and dry at Eagle and Palm beach.
Old Wednesday, October 26th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Aruba Expert

droykelly is on a distinguished road

Sir......... When was the last time you were in Aruba? Have you been there in October/November the past few years? Many of us have learned all sorts of new routes to get to/from the airport & Oranjestad & our hotel/timeshare because of impassable, flooded, roads.

Believe me, those of us who visit this time of year have valid concerns about the weather!

I will not sit on the porch and watch life go by without participating!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, October 27th, 2011, 05:49 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

In 2010 especially, the Oct/Nov/Dec months were particularly wet. The Meteorological Office of Aruba keeps updated info which is available online and you can see that 2010 was kind of outside the norm.

Departamento Meteorologico Aruba - Climate Data

You can see the 2010 data here: http://www.meteo.aw/files/Download/2010.pdf - in the row "Monthly rainfall"

We'll see how this year goes, but yes, this past weekend saw some heavy rain. It was actually expected to be worse, because of the tropical system that was in our area, but we were largely spared any really sustained rainfall.

Recently I read an article about global warming and its impact and how a recent study (that was actually commissioned by skeptics) reaffirmed the findings of previous studies. Bottom line, temperature has risen by almost a degree globally. But that's a whole other story!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, October 30th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Aruba Expert

sir_drinkalot is on a distinguished road

ok..so I guess it's hit or miss now. Spin the wheel on climate change. You guys make a good point being there and living it..

I know this..its before Holloween and plow trucks are clearing the streets of snow up here..somethings up.
Old Tuesday, November 1st, 2011, 08:25 PM

JohnL is on a distinguished road

Yeah...GLOBAL COOLING! Hope it doesn't impact Aruba...LOL's