Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba Restaurant Reviews

Aruba Restaurant Reviews For new aruba restaurants reviews or to post a new review click here. To view archived reviews click here.

View Poll Results: Tulip
poor 2 5.13%
average 14 35.90%
good 3 7.69%
very good 16 41.03%
excellent 4 10.26%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old Wednesday, August 23rd, 2006, 07:38 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tulip

thank you bp and pg. you both have communicated with me thru the last year or so off of the board and you know that i don't offend places or people lightly. i tend to look on the positive and give everyone an even break. for me to be upset enough to post that review it had to be miserable. i will even give them the benefit of the doubt that the food was 'off' last night. however, the situation of indifference by the manager and staff and the lack of service was not tolerable, especially since the night before at texas de brazil we had been treated royally by the entire staff as was everyone in the restaurant. it just gave us the opportunity for comparison. worst of all was what i consider the biggest sin in the world...broken promises. there were two of them. no way could i tolerate that without warning all of you.
Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, August 23rd, 2006, 08:34 AM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Tulip

I've tried Tulip several times, and the third was the last. The food WAS mediocre at best, and the service the worst I've ever had on Aruba or here at home! I was of the mindset that anyone and any restaurant can have a bad night ~ but three?? As BP said, too many other good places to eat!!
Old Wednesday, August 23rd, 2006, 08:34 AM

JohnL is on a distinguished road

I hate to say I told you so. But there are so many good restaurants in Aruba, why bother with Tulip, whose managers and owners obviously don't want or need our business. Bottom line, the place was terrible. Sherry, thanks for corroborating our experience.

I've never had a bad meal at Sole Mare or Madame Janette! A few extra dollars, but fabulous food. And what can you say about King Ribs- great food and much better service for the same price (and it's really a take out!).

Oh well, Tulip is history.

4 1/2 months until we are back in Aruba!
Old Wednesday, August 23rd, 2006, 10:40 AM
Almost Aruban

Liz from N.J. is on a distinguished road

Too bad you had a horrible experience at Tulip. I only went to Tulip's once. It was this past April when I was by myself for a week before my husband joined me the 2nd week.

The prices were great, but I felt that the food was just o.k. And the service was not great either.

Too bad the manager did not own up to his offer of complimentary Sangria, as it was really good there.

]

]
Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, August 23rd, 2006, 12:01 PM
Almost Aruban

Corrine is on a distinguished road

Darn it! I was looking forward to checking Tulip out next year when I will have teens with me. Any other suggestions for reasonable priced places I can take them besides Elenoras? (I hate Pizza Bobs).

Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, August 23rd, 2006, 02:50 PM

murray is on a distinguished road

I donít usually rate restaurants on the board beyond marking poor, average, good, very good, or excellent. Over the years I have seen restaurants come and go on this island. I have seen good ones go due to poor management and bad ones due to poor food preparation or bad service. This one suffers from all three. If there were ever an example of how not to run a restaurant, this is it.

Seeing prior posts on this thread, I donít wish to belabor the point. I gave Tulip a second try after a bad meal last year. I would rather eat road kill than return there.

Too many good restaurants on the island, too little time to enjoy them, donít waste your time at Tulip.
Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, August 23rd, 2006, 03:00 PM
Aruba Expert

Carol is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine
Darn it! I was looking forward to checking Tulip out next year when I will have teens with me. Any other suggestions for reasonable priced places I can take them besides Elenoras? (I hate Pizza Bobs).
Corrine, try Smokey Joe's on Tuesday night. It's all you can eat ribs for $20.06 per person (it may be $20.07 next year, as they seem to price it by the year you're there). The ribs are great, and they come with potatoes and cole slaw.

We also find the prices to be reasonable at Rumba, Que Pasa, and Marina Pirata. All of the entrees we order are around $20 or less.

From the reviews it sounds like Destiny might be another option.

Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, August 23rd, 2006, 03:33 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Carol ~ I find it strange that good things are not always said about Marina Pirata. I love that place, and albeit service a little slow, the food and ambiance are wonderful! I've truly never had a bad meal there, and have gone very often...
Old Wednesday, August 23rd, 2006, 03:56 PM
Aruba Expert

chrisnwillie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
Carol ~ I find it strange that good things are not always said about Marina Pirata. I love that place, and albeit service a little slow, the food and ambiance are wonderful! I've truly never had a bad meal there, and have gone very often...
Elaine, I had a terrible meal AND the worst service I have ever experienced ANYWHERE this past March at Marina Pirata. It was our first visit there, we were two couples, and I will never return there again. It was so bad, I'm breaking my own rule and NOT giving it a second chance.

I had a good dinner at Tulips (foodwise) but the service and waitstaff was RUDE when I was there.....and the breakfast in the morning (free because we were staying the one night before our timeshare at MVC Eagle Beach) was GROSS and fly ridden.
Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, August 23rd, 2006, 04:14 PM
Almost Aruban

Corrine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Corrine, try Smokey Joe's on Tuesday night. It's all you can eat ribs for $20.06 per person (it may be $20.07 next year, as they seem to price it by the year you're there). The ribs are great, and they come with potatoes and cole slaw.

We also find the prices to be reasonable at Rumba, Que Pasa, and Marina Pirata. All of the entrees we order are around $20 or less.

From the reviews it sounds like Destiny might be another option.
Smokey Joe's is a good suggestion, thanks Carol! I wasn't too big on the tapas at Salt & Pepper up there. In town, I prefer Rumba to Iguana Joes so Smokey Joe's is a good alternative.

Sherry - Let us know if you hear anything from the manager at Tulip!

Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, August 23rd, 2006, 07:44 PM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S
Elaine, we love it there, and always go at least once on every trip. The owners, Ricky and Hasanne, and great, and now we seem to bump into them at different places on the island (like at Ling's).

The service is slow, but somehow sitting there I don't care. The food is good, the prices are right, and I love sitting on the deck over the water.

We've been there with just two of us, with a group of 14, and everything in between. Last May a group (residents and tourists) of us went, and it was a great night. Captain Anthony from the Tranquilo was part of the group, and he loves the restaurant too.

Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, August 23rd, 2006, 07:54 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Chris ~ I know what you mean about breaking your own rule, but I honestly have never had a bad meal there... and like Carol said, I have no problem with the service being slow either because the ambiance is so comfortable. Eating there's always one of the highlights of my trip! It's funny how different people like different things. I'm one of the few who doesn't like King Ribs other than the potato salad... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnwillie View Post
Elaine, I had a terrible meal AND the worst service I have ever experienced ANYWHERE this past March at Marina Pirata. It was our first visit there, we were two couples, and I will never return there again. It was so bad, I'm breaking my own rule and NOT giving it a second chance.

I had a good dinner at Tulips (foodwise) but the service and waitstaff was RUDE when I was there.....and the breakfast in the morning (free because we were staying the one night before our timeshare at MVC Eagle Beach) was GROSS and fly ridden.
Old Thursday, August 24th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Almost Aruban

elisabeth_nj is on a distinguished road

I concur with Elaine. And we still will go there hoping not to have Sherry's experience (and the others too). We've eaten at the bar a couple of times also (the bartender is Sydney who used to work at the HI and we remembered him from 2001) and have had great service..guess that's because we were the only ones in there, LOL. And the kitchen is right there!! They even let us take a pitcher of Sangria back to our resort! Its a shame that they may be going downhill...I really enjoyed this find!!!
Old Thursday, August 24th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Aruba Expert

ArubaAmy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabeth_nj View Post
I concur with Elaine. And we still will go there hoping not to have Sherry's experience (and the others too). We've eaten at the bar a couple of times also (the bartender is Sydney who used to work at the HI and we remembered him from 2001) and have had great service..guess that's because we were the only ones in there, LOL. And the kitchen is right there!! They even let us take a pitcher of Sangria back to our resort! Its a shame that they may be going downhill...I really enjoyed this find!!!
Me, too! I've always enjoyed the food/service at Tulip (was just there in April) - but I'll be back there again next month - will let you know how it goes. Hey....just 3 weeks from today and I'll be in Aruba again!

26th trip to Aruba: April 2012
27th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2012
Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, August 24th, 2006, 01:13 PM

dixieluvsaruba is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArubaAmy View Post
Me, too! I've always enjoyed the food/service at Tulip (was just there in April) - but I'll be back there again next month - will let you know how it goes. Hey....just 3 weeks from today and I'll be in Aruba again!
3 weeks and two days for me! Can't wait. We need it this year more than ever!!

Aruba September 7 - 14, 2014

Woohoo!!!!!!

Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, August 26th, 2006, 01:33 PM

andrea j. is on a distinguished road

We were a group of 8 on Tuesday night, Aug 22 @ Tulip.
Paul and I had been to Tulip 2 times prior to this visit. (once on the 18th and once on the 19th) We have also been to Tulip on prior trips. All delicious meals, all good service.

HORRIBLE is the word i use to describe the service on the 22nd.
The ridiculous thing is that it got worse and worse as the evening/meal went on.
I would say it was done deliberately. Something makes me think that our party of 8 (sherry-murray-paul- me- claudia charles-joanne-marty) were targeted. The restaurant had only 4 other tables of guests. Claudia, Charles and Paul had the filet mignon and it was wonderful. I had chicken sate and it was good, a bit tough but good nonetheless.
Sherry and Joanne's snapper was rubbery and tough.
Murray's chicken sate was tougher than mine.
Marty's mixed grill was good except the sausage was dry and had an off taste.

But what gaulled us was the lack of wait staff assistance.
We all had food on our plates when it was time to leave and no one asked us if we wanted it wrapped.
During the meal, no one came by to ask how we were doing.

It was like we were singled out and "targeted".

And you all know the sangria story.................!

A family of 4 that were staying at Lacabana were seated near the entrance/reservation book area of tulip, and heard our comments of dissatisfaction to the managerlady on duty. The next day at the pool, the husband and wife were telling me that the 3 wait staff women were badmouthing us to the other diners telling them we
expected" VIP treatment. The funny thing is that the husband and wife from Lacabana said to me the following morning.........."who ARE you?". She thought we must have been someone important. I said we are as important as you are...........paying customers!

What was that all about?!?!

So, our prior 2 meals there on the 15th and 18th were outsanding.
On the 22nd...............who knows why they pulled the attitude?

andrea
Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, August 26th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Administrator

funny thing was that as we can all vouch for, not one behavior was rude or demanding by any of us. none of us mentioned the free sangria promise or the manager until after our fiasco. we intentionally didn't ask about it because we were there to observe without commenting. i had promised the board that i would be the guinea pig so we went as taste testers and service testers. the only way they new we were supposed 'vip guests' was that someone had marked it on the reservation thing. no one knew who we were or why we were there and not one of us acted at all like ugly tourists.

i can also tell you that the manager has not contacted me yet and i am totally angry at the behavior. andrea didn't tell me until i read this what had happened afterward. i guess she didn't want me more upset than i already was.

all i can say is between the bad food, the terrible service and the fact that the manager hasn't contacted us, i will badmouth them and discourage diners forever.

i keep wondering...if they knew that we were 'vip guests' but not who we were, what would have happened if we were members of a food rating group or guests of an important dignitary on the island? if the words 'vip guests' on the reservations page can drive them into that much of a mean frenzy then they don't deserve jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea j. View Post

A family of 4 that were staying at Lacabana were seated near the entrance/reservation book area of tulip, and heard our comments of dissatisfaction to the managerlady on duty. The next day at the pool, the husband and wife were telling me that the 3 wait staff women were badmouthing us to the other diners telling them we
expected" VIP treatment. The funny thing is that the husband and wife from Lacabana said to me the following morning.........."who ARE you?". She thought we must have been someone important. I said we are as important as you are...........paying customers!

What was that all about?!?!

So, our prior 2 meals there on the 15th and 18th were outsanding.
On the 22nd...............who knows why they pulled the attitude?

andrea
Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, August 26th, 2006, 01:55 PM

that is right i did not tell sherry of the lacabana family's tale (TULIP DINERS) of what happened after we left. i felt it better to let it die off til after we left.

to hell with tulip. i loved tulip til that evening of the 22nd. as i said i feel we were targeted and made fools of.

and the family at lacabana............they were from great britain and walked to tulip every evening for every dinner and absolutely enjoyed their meals for their family of 4 and the pricing.

over and out.
adios tulip VIPs we never expected to be and being a VIP is not all it's cracked up to be.
Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, August 26th, 2006, 03:08 PM

aquarius is on a distinguished road

Andrea, Sherry,

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience at Tulip for dinner. A shocker especially since you dined there before. As you say, you guys seemed to be targeted, but why such an attitude from them if they did think you were VIPs? Not very professional on their part. We went for lunch one day because of all the good reviews on the Board. It was very good for lunch and we were the only ones there that day. Service was ok but the onion soup with melted gouda was delicious. Prices were so reasonable too. Again, it's going to be their loss because the customer always comes first and is always right. Marie

Relaxation on One Happy Island!
Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, August 26th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Administrator

you're right marie. that's the point. why would anyone do that? funny, i watched the people at our table. my daughter worked as a waitress in college and told me horror stories so i always keep a watch on diners to see if they match her nightmares. we all were full of please and thank yous. maybe the staff is angry at the management and figured this was a chance to get even, but even so, the manager swears he reads our board all of the time and he should have been on the board already with an apology. at least it answers the question raised rudely by the hostess who said 'what? you weren't treated like vip's?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius View Post
Andrea, Sherry,

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience at Tulip for dinner. A shocker especially since you dined there before. As you say, you guys seemed to be targeted, but why such an attitude from them if they did think you were VIPs? Not very professional on their part. We went for lunch one day because of all the good reviews on the Board. It was very good for lunch and we were the only ones there that day. Service was ok but the onion soup with melted gouda was delicious. Prices were so reasonable too. Again, it's going to be their loss because the customer always comes first and is always right. Marie
Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, November 5th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Aruba Expert

We ate at Tulip 3 times during our 16 day stay in Aruba in Sept. - twice for dinner and once for lunch. Good service and food on all 3 occasions (and great prices.) We didn't have a reservation the first night we went for dinner and knew we'd probably spend some time at the bar having a drink while we waited (no problem - we're on "Aruba time" and had no place to be!) The place was full but we were still seated before we finished our first glass of wine at the bar.

This place is also a great deal for lunch. Never crowded for lunch and the prices are incredible. I had my usual Thai chicken salad but I need try a few new things next year.

Last edited by ArubaAmy; Sunday, November 5th, 2006 at 07:47 PM.
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, November 10th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Aruba Expert

AuntieMame is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: Tulip

Okay. Hubby and I will be a new set of guinea pigs at Tulips.

We had intended to go there anyway once, because the last trip the food was quite good for the price.

This year we'll be there in the high season so it should be interesting.

Now, if I could just find those VIP badges you all were wearing

Or perhaps I should get hold of a Michelin scoring card . . .

Last edited by AuntieMame; Friday, November 10th, 2006 at 05:17 PM. Reason: spelling
Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, December 17th, 2006, 07:38 PM

rdharles is on a distinguished road

Went here on the way to the airport as our "going away" lunch and it was easily my favorite lunch of the trip. I had the tenderloin tip sandwich. Fantastic. It was also the most inexpensive lunch of the trip. I'm impressed.
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, December 22nd, 2006, 05:50 PM
Almost Aruban

pgsoder is on a distinguished road

Both of us love this cute restaurant. It was very tastefully decorated for the season. They have added staff. We were seated right away, waited on right away, and our meals were fabulous. I love the Argentina Filet Mignon and had it all 4 times we ate here during our two week stay.
Paul said all of his meals were fantastic and he especially loved their French Onion Soup. I can't comment of their desserts as we did not indulge, way too full.
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, December 26th, 2006, 03:32 PM

Dee273 is on a distinguished road

Here's a different twist on the Tulip saga.....DH and I (with 16 yo daughter) tried Tulip last week for dinner. Made a dinner reservation for 7, no problems. As we walked toward the entrance and the hostess station (which was unmanned) we got an uneasy feeling of all eyes upon us. The restaurant is very quiet, all open/outside seating, no music, quiet chatter from the patrons, etc. We walked up the two stairs to the hostess station (still unmanned) I swear to you the entire freakin' place went silent and every person at every table in the front of the restaurant stared at us. As we stood and waited at the yes, still unmanned, hostess station for probably 2 minutes, seeming like 2 hours, DH finally decided to hunt someone down to seat us.....as he walked by tables mumbling "take a picture". After finding a fill-in hostess (not sure if that was really her job or not) we were seated. Approaching 2007, I would not expect a mixed-race couple to set off such an odd scene. We have been together for almost 7 years and I have never felt such awkwardness in any situation prior....very strange. My daughter noticed and asked why everyone was just staring.....told her I had no idea.....I really didn't!! Granted, this was not the Restaurant's fault, but it didn't set the tone for a very nice dinner.
We were seated and then waited.......for menus...finally came and mine was in dutch. Had to get up myself to get an english version. Another group of 6 came in and they were seated right away, given menus, water and bread immediately......we were waiting.....I was growing angrier. We received bread/water and gave our order.
Salads were good and fresh. My daughter ordered tomato soup (teen fave), but it came out as tomato puree...not what she's used to at home. I ordered the filet mignon and it was actually very tasty....ordered it medium and it was cooked perfectly. Hubby had chicken cordon bleu and he wasn't impressed. My daughter had the spare ribs and they were good, not the worst we've had. No dessert, we couldn't wait to get out of there. Tab was reasonable, as I expected from reading this thread. We won't rush to go back.....Food rating a 6....Decor/ambience of restaurant an 8.....Service 4.....Attitude of patrons -2.
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, December 26th, 2006, 03:49 PM

Oh my God.
I am speechless.

Andrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee273 View Post
Here's a different twist on the Tulip saga.....DH and I (with 16 yo daughter) tried Tulip last week for dinner. Made a dinner reservation for 7, no problems. As we walked toward the entrance and the hostess station (which was unmanned) we got an uneasy feeling of all eyes upon us. The restaurant is very quiet, all open/outside seating, no music, quiet chatter from the patrons, etc. We walked up the two stairs to the hostess station (still unmanned) I swear to you the entire freakin' place went silent and every person at every table in the front of the restaurant stared at us. As we stood and waited at the yes, still unmanned, hostess station for probably 2 minutes, seeming like 2 hours, DH finally decided to hunt someone down to seat us.....as he walked by tables mumbling "take a picture". After finding a fill-in hostess (not sure if that was really her job or not) we were seated. Approaching 2007, I would not expect a mixed-race couple to set off such an odd scene. We have been together for almost 7 years and I have never felt such awkwardness in any situation prior....very strange. My daughter noticed and asked why everyone was just staring.....told her I had no idea.....I really didn't!! Granted, this was not the Restaurant's fault, but it didn't set the tone for a very nice dinner.
We were seated and then waited.......for menus...finally came and mine was in dutch. Had to get up myself to get an english version. Another group of 6 came in and they were seated right away, given menus, water and bread immediately......we were waiting.....I was growing angrier. We received bread/water and gave our order.
Salads were good and fresh. My daughter ordered tomato soup (teen fave), but it came out as tomato puree...not what she's used to at home. I ordered the filet mignon and it was actually very tasty....ordered it medium and it was cooked perfectly. Hubby had chicken cordon bleu and he wasn't impressed. My daughter had the spare ribs and they were good, not the worst we've had. No dessert, we couldn't wait to get out of there. Tab was reasonable, as I expected from reading this thread. We won't rush to go back.....Food rating a 6....Decor/ambience of restaurant an 8.....Service 4.....Attitude of patrons -2.
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, December 26th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Almost Aruban

Liz from N.J. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea j. View Post
Oh my God.
I am speechless.

Andrea
ME TOO.

img]http://www.caribbeanmag.com/cd/99/25_Glorious_Days/200612200000_34.gif[/img]

[
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, December 26th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Aruba Expert

Make that three of us.

I had to pick my jaw up from the floor to write this.

Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, January 2nd, 2007, 05:40 PM

KarenlovesAruba is on a distinguished road

I have been to Aruba many times and see mixed couples all the time, never saw anyone stare or make a comment, I am just so surprised over your experance.. Do you think it was the other patrons or the staff? I apploigise for all of the people you incountered in that place.
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, April 10th, 2007, 07:26 PM

JanetB is on a distinguished road

Our first visit to Tulip last week and we will definitely put it on our list for repeat visits. Food was good and reasonable, good service, good ambiance.
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, January 1st, 2008, 09:13 AM
Almost Aruban

We enjoyed two excellant meals at Tulip this trip. Service has improved 100% since last trip. The wait staff has been changed and they were all super friendly. The prices were the same as my last trip in Feb. 2007 and lower than most other restaurants.
Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, July 3rd, 2008, 07:11 AM

JohnL is on a distinguished road

OK, Back in 2006 I started a bru-haha with a negative review of Tulip that ended up in a moderator visit to the restaraunt and a corroborating negative review (Thank you Sherry and Murray).

I would like to know if anything has changed in 2 years. Has anyone been there lately? If so, what was it like?

Thanks,
Old Thursday, July 3rd, 2008, 07:34 AM
Almost Aruban

We LOVE Tulip Restaurant. They have the best and most tender filet mignon on the island. Well, we think so. I always have the filet mignon and my hubby usually orders the mixed grill, neither of us have ever had a complaint. They also have a fantastic french onion soup. Not only are they very fairly priced, but are close to our resort. Go at least twice while there.
Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, July 3rd, 2008, 07:39 AM
Administrator

john, i still hear negatives and positives and their prices have gotten higher in a larger percentage than others. after the way i was treated, i'll be honest, they would have to beg me and and sit at the table with me to get me to walk in there. i have never been treated worse in a restaurant in my life. if you recall, i was giving them a second chance on that trip trying to help them out against your review and was invited back by the manager. i don't usually hold grudges but this one is a keeper of a grudge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
OK, Back in 2006 I started a bru-haha with a negative review of Tulip that ended up in a moderator visit to the restaraunt and a corroborating negative review (Thank you Sherry and Murray).

I would like to know if anything has changed in 2 years. Has anyone been there lately? If so, what was it like?

Thanks,
Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, July 3rd, 2008, 03:52 PM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post

Thanks,
Hi John,

We've been going to Tulip every year since they opened (for both lunch and dinner) and we've always had good service and food there. They also (within the last year) now have a new manager. I always thought the service was fine in previous years but I can tell that with the new manager things have been stepped up a notch now - a nice improvement. We're looking forward to being back again in Sept.

Share with Facebook
Old Monday, July 14th, 2008, 02:23 PM

4megs is on a distinguished road

We had a happy lunch at the Tulip in mid-June...happy since we'd finally found a place to have some familiar Dutch treats- bitterballs, croquettes, bami goreng snacks (new one for me - who'd have thought you could deep-fry those?!).

DD was introduced to fries with mayo *and* pinda saus (peanut sauce) and was instantly addicted.

Our lunch included visits from an iguana in the next chair and a chuchubi flew in to see if there was any sugar to steal. We loved that.

Service was quick, and met several locals who were also enjoying their lunch.

(and yes, we could hear all our arteries snapping shut with all the deep-fried food!)
Share with Facebook