Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Costa Linda Resort

Costa Linda Resort This Forum is for Costa Linda Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Friday, January 19th, 2007, 02:31 PM

Alan Carlin is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up "Gary Sundance" Threat Letter Author Identified!

Gary Sundance”,writer of Threat Letter, now Identified as Greg Wallace!

After a thorough probe to identify the real person hiding behind the phony name, “Gary Sundance”, that person has been positively identified as none other than Greg Wallace! Greg Wallace’s internet “ip” address is identical to the “ip” address of “Gary Sundance”. An “ip” (internet protocol) address, according to the police, can only be used by one person and that “ip” is just as good as a fingerprint and is totally unique. So, even though a person uses a different (phony) name to try to disguise himself, his “ip” address can never change. It will still be the same for any name that person uses!

Greg Wallace thought he could not be caught by changing his name when he deliberately and intentionally published my name, address, telephone # and the times he thought my house would be vacant along with directions to locate my house so anyone with a criminal intent reading that letter could take Greg’s advice to target my home and commit burglary.

Carol Bengis and Linda Rapaport have both denied any knowledge of who is “Gary Sundance”. To their credit, they have both agreed that the letter was “wrong” but I have proof beyond any doubt that Greg Wallace included both of their names as recipients of that same letter to me. If they really did not receive the email, then Greg was using them in his heading to make it look like they were involved in his duplicity. What will they do now? Do they still want to follow his lead and judge him to be innocent? And by the way, I think that Threat Letter was written and emailed to me when Greg was Cy Holley’s guest at Costa Linda – coincidence? Or is Cy Holley also part of this gross breach of a Member’s confidential information?

MEMBERS BEWARE! Greg, Carol or Linda may also be planning to run for election!
I don’t care how many well-written letters they write on Greg’s behalf – please remember that Linda Rapaport is the other name along side Greg Wallace - self-promoted to be any Member’s Proxy. At this time I would advise any Member who has signed and faxed their Proxy to either one to revoke both Linda Rapaport and Greg Wallace as their Proxy holder or write-in candidate as their trustworthiness and judgment are now, at best, questionable. Are these the kind of members you want running Costa Linda???

A form to Revoke your Proxy will be sent to all Members, so it should be easy to do.

Please refrain from defending Greg Wallace’s letter as a “practical joke” or an attempt to “prove a point”. My family is still recovering from the scare of that ill-conceived “practical joke”! The police are taking the letter seriously and have indicated that Greg Wallace would be the first “person of interest” if my house is ever robbed! The Bulletin Boards Greg has attempted to use, along with Yahoo and Google Internet services are also interested in exposing Greg Wallace as they have also judged his threatening letter to be totally unacceptable and declared that they do not and will not tolerate such activity.

I can hardly wait to read Greg Wallace’s lame excuses since he obviously was too afraid? clever? devious? to print his own name as the writer of that letter! We can’t believe any apology from you, Greg , because your credibility has been destroyed by your own actions! You apologized to Sherry, the vigilant moderator of bb.visitaruba.com Bulletin Board – and then you arrogantly continued to send the unedited Threat Letter, with all my personal information, etc. included, to me and supposedly to others like Carol and Linda, using their private email addresses in your header! It looks like your own friends(?) shouldn’t trust you!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, January 21st, 2007, 11:25 PM

GregW is on a distinguished road
Default COSTA LINDA FINANCE CHAIRMAN’S WIFE REVEALED AS AUTHOR of THREATENING E-MAILS

COSTA LINDA FINANCE CHAIRMAN’S WIFE REVEALED
AS AUTHOR of THREATENING E-MAILS

Alan,

Yes, I did post a message under the pseudonym of “Gary Sundance.” My posting, however, was never intended to be threatening. It was me giving in to the all-too-human temptation to treat you to a little of your own medicine. After reading this posting, I urge folks to go to http://bb.visitaruba.com/showthread.php?t=5734 and click on the fifth thread so that others can judge my intent for themselves. It also needs to be noted for the record that the posting never appeared anywhere, including e-mails, with any of your personal info.

Lashing out and stooping to the level of others is never smart. I let my emotions get the better of me, I admit, and I wish I had used better judgment, especially because two wrongs never make a right. I accept that people may think less of me for reacting the way I did to what you well know, Alan, are a series of e-mails containing anonymous threats and false accusations that I myself received for several weeks, beginning around the holidays. For nearly two weeks now, members of the Costa Linda Board, you, and the handful of Schepps/Berger supporters have known that the author of those threatening and accusatory e-mails is none other than your good friend Barbara Berger, the wife of Costa Linda Board member and Finance Chairman Steven Berger.

At the bottom of this posting, I have provided just a sampling from the string of accusatory and threatening e-mails sent to me by Barbara Berger, so that Costa Linda members can see for themselves what I was contending with. They can judge for themselves just who was really doing the threatening.

I confess to you now that I was fairly convinced that you were the author of those anonymous e-mails sent to me under the pseudonym “Tennisbum16.” Why did I suspect you? You have attacked me publicly in e-mails posted on the Costa Linda and Aruba bbs. You have attacked Cy Holley. The anonymous e-mails I received have almost identical language to some of those attacks. Also, you and I have a history of disagreeing at the pool and you continue to be furious with Cy Holley for disagreements you had with him when he chaired the board. Alan, we have let our personal animosity for each other and your personal issues with Cy get in the way of what is important. We will no doubt lose respect from some people…as the Bergers and Mr. Schepps have already.

Well, as it turns out, I was wrong about who the anonymous e-mailer is, but not by much. I understand that you and the Bergers consult on all the language that goes into your postings. It certainly isn’t such a stretch, then, to think that you provided them with a little writing help when it came to the e-mails they sent me. And for the record, my family was afraid when “Tennisbum16” told me “I’m going to get you.” Over a period of several weeks, I received six e-mails accusing me of everything from stealing to ignorance. The e-mails also took nasty shots at Cy Holley in the most immature and infantile language.

You are probably the only person besides Steve Berger who wasn’t surprised to find out that Tennisbum16 is your friend Barbara. I eventually did my own probe and didn’t have to spend Costa Linda members’ money to do so. Just Google Tennisbum16 and you will find a guest book from El Gaucho’s Restaurant and the Turtle’s Nest signed by Steven and Barbara Berger. When confronted with this proof, your friend Steve Berger admitted outright that he was aware of his wife’s e-mails and did not attempt to stop them.

Rather than take this knowledge to the public, as you have done Alan, I wrote a letter to Board Chairman Schepps and asked that he seek Berger’s resignation. Now, so that I can explain my action, you have forced me to “out” Steve and Barbara Berger. A copy of that letter will be posted right after this response is posted. I sought his resignation because, while Berger acknowledged in private conversations with other board members that he had full knowledge of his wife’s anonymous e-mails, he offered no apology and did not even mildly criticize them, let alone condemn them. Now, I ask you, Alan, is this the kind of person you want in a leadership position at Costa Linda? And Alan, why have you not at least condemned Barbara’s action?

If the board would release the minutes and tape recordings of the special January 9 board meeting (fat chance), CL members will hear Berger and Chairman Schepps mocking my letter seeking Berger’s resignation and attacking me for suggesting “a man can control his wife.” They will also hear Berger making a promise to post a message on the CL bb and on the Aruba public bb about my accusations against his wife and threatening to pursue this matter “with the authorities.” I have one main thing to say to about that:

Your Jan. 12th posting is really Steve Berger’s posting which he vowed to execute within a few days at the January 9th board meeting. This latest posting of yours is a follow-up. He is hiding behind you.

CL members can judge for themselves after reading Barbara Berger’s e-mails who should have been pursuing “the authorities.” I suppose people might disagree about whether Berger’s complicity in his wife’s ugly behavior is reason enough to resign. But wouldn’t you think a person of character would have at least offered an apology for his wife’s “uncontrollable” actions? Wouldn’t you expect the Chairman would have at least asked Berger to make an apology or promise that this would not happen again. The CL members will judge for themselves and, Alan, they will judge you and me.

And right about now, a lot of people might be saying to hell with all of us.

None of this changes the fact that an overwhelming number of Costa Linda members have seen for themselves, way before any of this e-mail crap, the arrogance, incompetence and all-around bad decisions by the gang in charge. The members are saying loud and clear they want a change. Nothing you can say about me will change that. My personal actions do not affect the credibility of dozens of people spearheading the Members Coalition or the credibility of any member who knows me and agrees about what a lousy job the board leadership is doing.

Stop trying to smear Linda Rapaport, Carol Bengis and Cy Holley (haven’t you people beaten up on him enough?) They knew nothing of my posting about you and I never sent it to them. I know you and the Bergers are desperate because we have so many proxies, but don’t you know your constant attempts to tar them with my indiscretion has already come back to haunt you? Don’t you think people want to know how you could support the guys who won’t let members who disagree with them use their own bulletin board forum, the guys who attack others instead of explaining the real reasons they raised the maintenance fees without taking it to the members?

The very idea that you get to post yet another one-sided story on CL’s bb, which Berger and Schepps have allowed, and that this response won’t see the light of day on there makes most people’s blood boil.

You know what? CL members may say to hell with you and me, but I know they still want and are damn well entitled to their board minutes, their bulletin board open to all posters, their financial information, their management well supervised and their resort financially strong. At the end of the day, that’s why they will vote for a change.

Here are the e-mails from Tennisbum: My letter to Board Chairman Schepps will follow in a separate posting.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Subject: Re: Costa Linda BB --- Censored Posts of Cy Holley
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 01:02:07 EST
To: gwallace@thescannerguys.com

my email was not forwarded by a member! you stole it!
you dont even know the facts about what that petition is all about.
MR. HOLLEY is in this all for himself.
I call him MR. because he is no DR.
he is just one big sore loser since he did not get his own way.
costa linda is run for all the members even those who have only one week.
why would he ever want an increase in maintenence when he owns 51+ weeks.
also, why is he selling his 51 weeks and has already sold 3 other weeks that i know of?
sour grapes and bye bye holley. we will get along fine without you.

Subject: Re: Costa Linda BB --- Censored Posts of Cy Holley
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 14:20:01 EST
To: gwallace@thescannerguys.com

so, mr. wallace, tell me who gave you my name?
i have a right to know!
i am contacting someone i know in your state and they will get to you.
you have illegally stole my email as well as a friend and cousins also.
dont play dumb! you know what you did. i have a computer nerd friend also.
he told me just what you did. i am sure that the agency i will contact will get to the bottom of this illegal manipulation and the stealing of private email addresses. dont think being in aruba will get you out of this. not so!

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook