Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Friday, November 19th, 2010, 08:26 AM

carlysgram is on a distinguished road
Default Natalee Halloway

Well, is it her or not, that is the question. Seems like they found a jaw bone in or around the area where Natalee disappeared and are performing forensics to see if it is a match to Natalee. News reports they should have an answer shortly.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Friday, November 19th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Aruba Expert

Sandra is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Natalee Halloway

We won't know till next week. Extracting DNA takes time and from what I read it's difficult to get some from bones. They said they are probably able to extract it from the tooth, but still difficult.

I hope that it is Natalee so her parents can find some closure.
Old Sunday, November 21st, 2010, 01:24 PM

Horseshoe is on a distinguished road

I would venture a guess; if it ends up being hers; he and you know who I mean, would never admit duplicity; I would certainly hope, for her mother and other relatives; and it is hers, that they can get some kind of closing.

Just an opinion.

Horseshoe
Old Monday, November 22nd, 2010, 03:24 AM
Aruba Expert

Sandra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseshoe View Post
I would venture a guess; if it ends up being hers; he and you know who I mean, would never admit duplicity; I would certainly hope, for her mother and other relatives; and it is hers, that they can get some kind of closing.

Just an opinion.

Horseshoe
Well in one of his many confessions this was one of the places he mentioned. But because he had told so many stories already no one knew which one was right.

My only hope is that it is Natalee, so Joran no longer can hold that over her mother's head. She can get closure and he will no longer be able to blackmail her. He can no longer play his trump card (location) to perhaps make a deal to get out of Peru or something like that.
Old Monday, November 22nd, 2010, 12:10 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Natalee Halloway

Results of Bone Analysis on Possible Holloway Link to Be Announced Tuesday

Published November 22, 2010 | FoxNews.com

The results of the forensic analysis on a jawbone found earlier this month in Aruba will be announced on Tuesday, potentially providing the first piece of concrete evidence in the death of missing American teenager Natalee Holloway.

Ann Angela, a spokeswoman for the Aruba Prosecutor's Office, told Fox News she did not have results of the analysis. Aruba Solicitor General Taco Stein will make a statement following the announcement.

Dutch forensic experts have been comparing the bone to Holloway's dental records since it was found on the island on Nov. 12. Holloway disappeared during a high school trip to Aruba in 2005 and her remains have never been found despite extensive police searches. If the bone turns out to be from the missing teen, it would be the first concrete evidence of her death.

Dutchman Joran van der Sloot, who faces separate murder charges in Peru, is the last person seen with Holloway and is suspected in her disappearance.

FoxNews.com - Results of Bone Analysis on Possible Holloway Link to Be Announced Tuesday
Old Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010, 12:04 AM
Almost Aruban Moderator

I Love Aruba Re: Natalee Halloway

It's time to turn in for the night, but I couldn't leave without saying that I hold the Holloway/Twitty families close to my heart tonight, and hope tomorrow brings them some sense of closure, and not disappointment once again.

At the very least, I believe this entire process could have been handled in a much more diplomatic, professional, respectful manner, between ALE, NFI and the FBI, and not thrown out to the public for another media circus.

Personally, I hope for Beth and Dave that this is a piece of their child so they can know, without a doubt, once and for all, that Natalee is no longer of this earth... and, Natalee can rest in peace.

Old Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010, 12:05 PM

Horseshoe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
Results of Bone Analysis on Possible Holloway Link to Be Announced Tuesday

Published November 22, 2010 | FoxNews.com

The results of the forensic analysis on a jawbone found earlier this month in Aruba will be announced on Tuesday, potentially providing the first piece of concrete evidence in the death of missing American teenager Natalee Holloway.

Ann Angela, a spokeswoman for the Aruba Prosecutor's Office, told Fox News she did not have results of the analysis. Aruba Solicitor General Taco Stein will make a statement following the announcement.

Dutch forensic experts have been comparing the bone to Holloway's dental records since it was found on the island on Nov. 12. Holloway disappeared during a high school trip to Aruba in 2005 and her remains have never been found despite extensive police searches. If the bone turns out to be from the missing teen, it would be the first concrete evidence of her death.

Dutchman Joran van der Sloot, who faces separate murder charges in Peru, is the last person seen with Holloway and is suspected in her disappearance.

FoxNews.com - Results of Bone Analysis on Possible Holloway Link to Be Announced Tuesday
Elaine, my friend, I could not agree with you more! Have a wonderful; safe; and happy Thanksgiving.

Horseshoe
Old Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010, 12:52 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

PRESS RELEASE

Bone material not of Natalee Holloway

At the request of the Aruban Public Prosecutor's Office the Netherlands Forensic Institute has conducted forensic anthropological and DNA investigations on bone material, a piece of jawbone with a tooth. These investigations were executed simultaneously. Detailed examination by the NFI excludes the possibility that the bone material found in Aruba is that of Natalee Holloway.

Exclusion after comparing dental records

It was, first, necessary to establish that the bone material was in fact human material. This is the case. Thus the forensic anthropological investigation was expanded to include an investigation by forensic odontologists. Using the dental records of Natalee Holloway, such as the location of wisdom teeth and fillings, a comparison was made with the jaw bone recovered on Aruba. Based on these comparisons it could be excluded that the investigated bone material and molar came from Natalee Holloway.

DNA testing

Along with the forensic anthropological and odontological research, the NFI initiated a forensic DNA investigation. However, only a very small amount of DNA material was present and that was also of low quality. The bone appeared to have been exposed to various (weather) influences and proved to be porous. DNA researchers at the NFI therefore have applied extensive and highly sophisticated techniques to the DNA present in the bone to be examined.

On the basis of the comparison of the dental records the possibility that the bone material came from Natalee Holloway was excluded, therefore further DNA testing has been stopped. There is still a possibility that the molar from the jawbone could be used for further efforts to generate a DNA profile. However this follow-up study of said molar would inhibit future research into identifying the person from whom the bone originates.

Given that, based on dental records, it can be ruled out that the bone fragment came from Natalee Holloway, the Office of the Public Prosecutor in Aruba has decided not yet to carry out further research on the material. The prosecution will decide what further action will be taken to identify the bone material.

Natalee Holloway Investigation

The Office of the Public Prosecutor in Aruba has been involved in an investigation into the disappearance of Natalee Holloway since her dissapearance. The case retains the constant attention from law enforcement on the island.

JAW BONE … not Natalee Holloway’s Gretawire
Old Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010, 02:04 PM

arubabob is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Natalee Halloway

The article does not say if they have determined how long the bone fragment may have been exsposed to the elements. It is possible it has been laying out for much longer than 5 years. Bone and tooth material will last a long time, especialy if covered with sand.