Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba Restaurant Questions

Aruba Restaurant Questions Questions about restaurants. For restaurant reviews please click here.

Old Monday, November 22nd, 2010, 07:33 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default cooks on aruba tv!!!

although plans are still underway for the new location on the first floor and easier access for those with disabilities, ommi has notified us that he will be reopening the upstairs for now.

according to ommi, the place is looking great upstairs. Reservations are flying in without any advertising. tonight, 22 nov, at 9 pm Aruba time the local tv station, TeleAruba, will be live at Cooks. You can see it on their website's live stream at Telearuba - Home.

get a chance to tour cooks with telearuba at 9 pm tonight. for any of you who have reservation, know that i am jealous and wish i could be there with you.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Monday, November 22nd, 2010, 04:33 PM
Almost Aruban

Liz from N.J. is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cooks on aruba tv!!!

Thanks for the reminder Sherry. Ommi e-mailed me about the show weeks ago and I would have forgotten.

If it's on 9 pm Aruba time, it will be on at 8 pm for those like me on the East Coast.
Old Monday, November 22nd, 2010, 04:45 PM
Administrator

thanks liz! i forgot about the time change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz from N.J. View Post
Thanks for the reminder Sherry. Ommi e-mailed me about the show weeks ago and I would have forgotten.

If it's on 9 pm Aruba time, it will be on at 8 pm for those like me on the East Coast.
Old Monday, November 22nd, 2010, 09:04 PM
Aruba Expert

th7799 is on a distinguished road

I can't wait to get there and see the second floor. We have reservations on December 2nd! Just happens to be Sushi Night too! YAY!

Tere
Old Monday, November 22nd, 2010, 09:14 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: cooks on aruba tv!!!

I couldn't get anything!!!
Old Monday, November 22nd, 2010, 09:33 PM
Almost Aruban

ruba4ever is on a distinguished road

Me either Elaine....so bummed....

Old Monday, November 22nd, 2010, 09:36 PM
Administrator

elaine, i had to load real player in. windows media player didn't do it.

they had a band with vocals that was very good, showed a little of the foods and a beautiful christmas tree. also ichelle, ommi's niece, really held her own as the restaurant hostess and spokesperson for the restaurant.

tere, if anyone dining with you doesn't like sushi, anything on the menu will be great. rack of lamb is amazing as are the steaks and seafood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
I couldn't get anything!!!
Old Monday, November 22nd, 2010, 09:57 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Angry Re: cooks on aruba tv!!!

Thanks for the synopsis, sherry. I was so ticked off!!
Old Monday, November 22nd, 2010, 10:07 PM
Administrator

i spent 30 minutes trying to download media players that would work. about 5 minutes before the show started i talked with andrea and she was having problems too. i think we both got it at about the same time. i really figured that since we were working with macs, that was the problem on i would have posted.

Quote:
Thanks for the synopsis, sherry. I was so ticked off!!
Old Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010, 04:21 PM
Aruba Expert

Cooks Restaurant is on a distinguished road

Good afternoon Everybody.

Last night was a great night for us. The show will be repeated tomorrow at 9 am and 1:30 pm Aruba time. Yesterday late in the evening I also noted that you need to download Real Player's free program to view the show and you can also record it.

For those who missed it you can still watch it tomorrow.
Old Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010, 10:52 PM
Aruba Expert

Thanks Sherry! One member of our party loves lamb, so I'm going to make sure she knows that you recommend it. I'm guessing the sushi is great too.

The packing is almost complete!
Tere
Old Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010, 10:57 PM
Administrator

i'm not a sushi eater but everyone i know says it's great and that he has some unusual things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by th7799 View Post
Thanks Sherry! One member of our party loves lamb, so I'm going to make sure she knows that you recommend it. I'm guessing the sushi is great too.

The packing is almost complete!
Tere
Old Friday, December 3rd, 2010, 01:42 PM
Aruba Expert

Today I am feeling very bad for a bad service we had last night.

I want to publicly apologize for the lack of service we gave to TH7799 last night. Last night we had a relatively unexperienced staff for the night and I failed to teach them all I could to provide the best possible. I assume all responsibility to everything and I take this as lesson well learned for improvement. I very much appreciate their feedback and I do ensure TH7799 and all other customers that failures like this will never happen again here at Cooks Restaurant. We already took the necessary measures to ensure that everyone who visits Cooks Restaurant will have an exceptional culinary experience.

We hope TH7799 can give us another chance so we can show what we really stand for at Cooks Restaurant. Again, I do sincerely apologize to TH7799 and everyone who we may have failed to last night at Cooks Restaurant.

Sincerely,
Ommi
Old Friday, December 3rd, 2010, 10:17 PM

andrea j. is on a distinguished road

ommi.......it takes a big person (big in character) to admit to "stuff".

those that know you, and COOKS will realize that "stuff happens" and last night it was your turn.
respect is the name of the game.......and you sir, are respectful and have earned the respect and admiration of many.
Old Saturday, December 4th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Almost Aruban

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea j. View Post
ommi.......it takes a big person (big in character) to admit to "stuff".

those that know you, and COOKS will realize that "stuff happens" and last night it was your turn.
respect is the name of the game.......and you sir, are respectful and have earned the respect and admiration of many.
I'm with Andrea on this on Ommi....plus I know for a fact that your operation is top notch and one of the best. So I, too, hope the Tere will give you another chance. Won't be disappointed....
ruba

Old Monday, December 6th, 2010, 07:41 PM

PaulaC is on a distinguished road

We were part of the group of eight with TH7799 last Thursday evening. We had reservations to celebrate a birthday and see friends that we met over the years on our annual trips to Aruba. We had read about Cooks' and were eagerly anticipating a wonderful evening. The shuttle picked us up at the Marriott and delivered us to your beautiful restaurant. At that point our evening began to go downhill. First, the waiter/bartender approached us with the news that they were without servers. He also took our cocktail order and at the same time our dinner order. Since Thursday was "all you can eat sushi" night, half of our group decided on sushi, the others ordered from the menu. The four with the sushi orders enjoyed their soup and their first samples of sushi before the cocktails were served. Those of us who ordered from the menu waited over an hour and a half before we received our salads (after we searched out the waiter/bartender). About 8:50pm, we were finally served our entrees ...two of us had ordered filets, one rare and one medium. I took the first bite and nearly choked on the well done (and extremely tough) meat. I was further shocked when the waiter came over and proudly announced that they had given us bison! At that point, I sent my dinner back and although the waiter/bartender offered to get me something else I refused, not wanting to wait another two hours. The sushi eaters were never served their second orders of sushi and by then the 7-9pm all you can eat sushi was over. Fortunately, we brought a birthday cake with us, so we at least had dessert. We watched as several diners walked out vowing never to return. The owner (who was hiding out over by the bar) never approached our table, but sent inexperiences trainees to apologize to us and give us a drink on the house. If Ommi had come to our table and apologized for our dining fiasco, we would have had some respect for him and perhaps given Cooks' another chance. As it is, I am sure none of us will ever dine there again (we prefer restaurants that serve food, rather than excuses).
Old Monday, December 6th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Aruba Expert

Greetings All,

As my friend has indicated, the evening was pretty bad. We had a great time inspite of everything, because of the group that had assembled for the birthday celebration.

I agree that it takes a really big person to publically apologize for something like this. My thanks to Ommi for taking the time to post and to offer his apology. I accept it!

We have already confirmed our trip for next year, so I hope in the next twelve months we can make the decision to give it another try. The restaurant was lovely and I understand that we all experience bad days, this was just an exceptionally poor showing. I honestly hate that it happened and I know that based on the other comments that I read on the bb, this is absolutely not the norm.

Thanks Ommi for making the apology.

November 26th 2011, can't get here fast enough.

Tere
Old Monday, December 6th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

I Love Aruba Re: cooks on aruba tv!!!

Tere...welcome back.

Andrea said it best,,,,, there are times that "stuff" happens, and unfortunately, it happened at Cooks.

I know that Ommi will be most appreciative of your accepting his apology. I, personally, think it takes a big person to admit, on a public forum, that mistakes were made. Knowing Ommi as I do, and reading his post, I can only imagine how this entire situation upset him. It was a learning experience for him, and I'm sure won't happen again. Unfortunately, you were on the receiving end, but are kind enough to at least perhaps be willing to try again.

I'm sure Ommi will address the other issues when he reads these posts. He's not one to shirk away whether good or bad.

In my book, he's sincere, honest, hard working, and one of the most respectful gentleman I know.
Old Tuesday, December 7th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Almost Aruban

All very well said Elaine....and I second...Kudos to Ommi for the public apology and to Tere for accepting. Mistakes sometimes are made and we can only hope that lessons are learned from them. I'm sure this will be the case with Cook's ....
ruba

Quote:
Tere...welcome back.

Andrea said it best,,,,, there are times that "stuff" happens, and unfortunately, it happened at Cooks.

I know that Ommi will be most appreciative of your accepting his apology. I, personally, think it takes a big person to admit, on a public forum, that mistakes were made. Knowing Ommi as I do, and reading his post, I can only imagine how this entire situation upset him. It was a learning experience for him, and I'm sure won't happen again. Unfortunately, you were on the receiving end, but are kind enough to at least perhaps be willing to try again.

I'm sure Ommi will address the other issues when he reads these posts. He's not one to shirk away whether good or bad.

In my book, he's sincere, honest, hard working, and one of the most respectful gentleman I know.

Old Wednesday, December 8th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Aruba Expert

Good morning Tere.

I feel very humbled and honored to have received your forgiveness. I have the utmost respect for you for forgiving us and to give us another chance. Tere and everyone else can rest asure that these mistakes will not happen again. The nights following last Thursday's have proven to me that the measures we have taken were the correct ones with the result that everything went perfect as suppose to.

We too hated that these mistakes happened and, as Elaine mentioned, I'm not the type to shirk away from my responsibilities and I address the issues going. I don't offer any excuses but instead I offer my apologies and I assume my responsibilities. I still do feel bad about all what happened which shouldn't have happened in the first place. Therefore I am very humbled and honored with your forgiveness.

We are looking forward to your next visit so we can show you and everyone else what Cooks Restaurant really stands for. The exceptional culinary experience that so many have talked about.

Thank you Tere for your forgiveness and thank you all for your support.

Sincerely,
Ommi Henriquez
Cooks Restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by th7799 View Post
Greetings All,

As my friend has indicated, the evening was pretty bad. We had a great time inspite of everything, because of the group that had assembled for the birthday celebration.

I agree that it takes a really big person to publically apologize for something like this. My thanks to Ommi for taking the time to post and to offer his apology. I accept it!

We have already confirmed our trip for next year, so I hope in the next twelve months we can make the decision to give it another try. The restaurant was lovely and I understand that we all experience bad days, this was just an exceptionally poor showing. I honestly hate that it happened and I know that based on the other comments that I read on the bb, this is absolutely not the norm.

Thanks Ommi for making the apology.

November 26th 2011, can't get here fast enough.

Tere