Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Sunday, December 19th, 2010, 08:53 AM

kbrandonga1 is on a distinguished road
Default Playa Linda Parking

Will be at the Playa Linda Feb 27-March 6. Want to rent a car but wondering what sort of parking is available at Playa Linda. Have read several stories about theft of rentals and break ins in that area.

Also, have rented from Tropic last 3 times, but Hans says they are all booked up. Suggestions on other companies please. Top Drive and American seem to have good rates for an Aveo. Thinking of not getting a Yaris (if available) as they appear to be a target.

We may just not rent this time and take the bus, but do like going to Baby Beach a few times each year. I guess we could always take the bus to Lings for groceries.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, December 19th, 2010, 07:26 PM

TomR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Playa Linda Parking

I don't own at PLaya Linda but have stayed there a few times on exchanges. There is secure parking right at the resort. You will need a number code to enter the gated parking lot. There was also a gated parking lot across the street to take in the overflow. I always parked in the lot by the resort because I felt it was more secure.

Have a great vacation.
Tom
Old Sunday, December 19th, 2010, 07:31 PM

kbrandonga1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Playa Linda Parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomR View Post
I don't own at PLaya Linda but have stayed there a few times on exchanges. There is secure parking right at the resort. You will need a number code to enter the gated parking lot. There was also a gated parking lot across the street to take in the overflow. I always parked in the lot by the resort because I felt it was more secure.

Have a great vacation.
Tom
thanks for the response.
Old Monday, December 27th, 2010, 12:27 AM

arubabob is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Playa Linda Parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrandonga1 View Post
thanks for the response.
We stayed there this year. There are the 2 parking areas. We found the one unde the resort to be full most of the time and parked at the one across the street. Your room key activates the gates at both locations.
Old Friday, January 7th, 2011, 06:28 PM

Ladyaruba is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Playa Linda Parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrandonga1 View Post
Will be at the Playa Linda Feb 27-March 6. Want to rent a car but wondering what sort of parking is available at Playa Linda. Have read several stories about theft of rentals and break ins in that area.

Also, have rented from Tropic last 3 times, but Hans says they are all booked up. Suggestions on other companies please. Top Drive and American seem to have good rates for an Aveo. Thinking of not getting a Yaris (if available) as they appear to be a target.

We may just not rent this time and take the bus, but do like going to Baby Beach a few times each year. I guess we could always take the bus to Lings for groceries.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.
We are owners at PL and always rent a vehicle. As someone else said, there is one lot under and around the resort and another across the street. Both have a security gate which takes your room key card to open. We have never had a problem at either of these.
As for rentals, we have rented from American many times including this March trip and they have always been super. Rates are great and they bring the vehicle to you at PL.