Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare & Vacation Properties > Aruba Timeshare and Vacation Property News

Aruba Timeshare and Vacation Property News Members and Timeshare companies can post news about their property.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Thursday, June 24th, 2004, 09:00 PM

andrea j. is on a distinguished road
Default Bluegreen Club/Lacabana

Husband Paul and I in late April with our 2 studio units (week 33) and joined BluegreenVacation Club at LaCabana. Bluegreen takes the units into a "trust" and converts your units to "points". Unfortunately our "points" did not add up to make it worth our while and so we opted to buy 5,000 more points giving us a total of 20,000 points. Those 5,000 points in reality are another unit that was deeded to us and turned over to "trust" with Bluegreen. (a week 19 studio unit)

So that all being said.

We know have 20,000 points to use anywhere Bluegreen has properties.
LaCabana is one of the properties. No other properties in Aruba.
At any given time during all of this the main focus was on "points" , not availability....as Lacabana told us availability is not an issue as there is a large inventory.

So, I called Bluegreen today to use 13000 of my points Set 9 - 18.
But low and b ehold, no units available at LaCabana . (LaCabana is their only property in Aruba)
I asked why no availability......answer was there are only a few units available at any given time.
I asked for numerous dates. Made up dates. Dates that were in the lowest of low and the highest of high and medium, seasons and NOTHING is available. With the exception of 3 days here and there.

I spoke with Quality Assurance mgr (in Indianapolis Jean Kenney) and she said that LaCabana has high demand and low inventory making the process difficult.

She told me that I can bank my points with RCI and put in a request that way. I may do that/I may not.

What I did tell this woman was that in no document that i signed, and in no conversations that we had were we told anything was based on availability.
We were told just to be concerned with points.

We were told that we even had "bonus points". 2,000
So, in actuality we have 22000 points but cannot get any date of our liking or even not to our liking in Aruba at LaCabana.

We were also told that we could reserve (notice i say reserve...not REQUEST) 2 days to 13 months prior. We were told we could roll over our points for a yr.

Ever feel like you have been screwed with your pants on?

I asked for full reimbursement of what we paid them in April and that I wanted my 2 original units back to us and the 3rd unit the $$$$ that we paid.
Answer, was a long pause and then I think a no answer.

So, we have air tix for Sept 9 - 18. Own about $19,000 (22,000 points)worth of timeshares and cannot use them.

Suggestions on RCI? Anyone have good luck using RCI? RCI seems to be an option now since Bluegreen is not an option for Sept 9 - 18.

And, BTW as owners at Lacabana BRC we received a letter from them telling us of Bluegreen's plan and we should stop by the office. That is why we stopped in there in April while we were in Aruba. We went in there of our own free will and not coerced off the beach by a timeshare hawker.

If you want to post your replies feel free. If you want to private message me feel free.
thanks
Andrea
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook