Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Aruba Grand/Riu

Aruba Grand/Riu This Forum is for Aruba Grand/Riu Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Wednesday, June 10th, 2009, 09:33 AM

mbag007 is on a distinguished road
Angry Riu Just Keeps Getting Worse

My wife and i are timeshare owners here since 2003.this was by far our worse trip.We just returned June 5th. If you do not get the all-inclusive you will feel like a redheaded step child.My wife wanted a drink at the bar inside the hotel, we were told we were not allowed to purchase drinks because we didn't have a blue band on. On Sat. my wife took a shower, when she started to dry herself off with a soiled towel. When I seen the towel I brought it down to the front desk and spoke with Loreen ( manager) to show her what my wife dried her self off with. She said she was very sorry, this should not happen in a 5 star hotel. She said on Monday she would speak to Richard Velasco about this. When I didn't here from Richard I went to his office to speak to him. He looked up at me after I showed him a pic of the soiled towel on my camera and explained to him how gross and filthy our room was. I also told him the TV was broke along with the toaster. He then started to raise his voice at me saying he was sick and tired of you timesharer's complaining about everything. I told him how would you like your wife drying herself off with a crappy towel. I also asked him what kind of Director treats his customer's like this yelling at them instead of asking is your wife ok i'm very sorry for this.His reply to me you timesharer's are here cheap all you pay is Maint. the other customers pay over $300 a day each. I called the tourism dept. spoke to this man named Castro, he said he would contact Richard and get back to me. Mr. Castro turned out to be useless he never called Richard and didn't get back to me. I wish i had something more positive to write about this hotel and this clown they call director, but I don't. I think next year my wife and I are going to join interval international and trade our timeshare and go somewhere we are appreciated.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook