Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Divi Village Beach and Golf Resort

Divi Village Beach and Golf Resort This Forum is for Divi Village Beach and Golf Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Monday, September 21st, 2009, 01:35 PM

dvaruba is on a distinguished road
Default anyone been to divi village lately?????

hi guys, not too much posting on divi village. has anyone been lately and stayed at the original buildings (A6,B7,C3, or D8)??? They are the oldest and have been deteriorating year after year. I hear there is a model in unit 7208 of what will be done when they finally get around to rehab. Anyone seen it? What are your feelings? I'm sure the grounds are nice...they always are....that is what people see when they walk around. Has anyone brought their laptop with them while there? I hear the wireless is "iffy" at most. Would be very interested in any updates from people that have stayed in the original units of late. Are they at least making these units liveable.......any and all problems please!!
Thanks in advance guys!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Monday, September 21st, 2009, 04:45 PM

john is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: anyone been to divi village lately?????

we stay week 4-7 in building c and a. c in better condition. they were remodeling a unit in b building last feb that was supposed to be a model for the north caroloina big shots to approve. we got a letter in march/april that the renovations were to start in jan 2010. we will see. heard that before. tried bringing laptop 2 years ago and terrible svc. would only work at the seabreeze. complained and got our $50 back. not worth the hassle.
Old Saturday, October 24th, 2009, 10:02 PM

rjhagner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: anyone been to divi village lately?????

We have been in 2BR 3411 (bldg C) this week. We are very happy with this resort. It has the best beach on the island, friendly staff and clean, if dog-eared, rooms. We did see the sample unit for the upcoming 2010 renovation and it was beautiful. Highpoints included granite counters, stainless steel appliances, crown molding and many artistic details.

The WiFi in our room was flawless all week.

We did ask to have the matress changed in the guest bedroom and within 1 hr we had a new one. The new Seabreeze bar is gorgeous as is the Infinity Pool.

I think once these rooms are renovated, these will be very desirable buildings.
Old Tuesday, November 3rd, 2009, 04:10 PM

rizzojo is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: anyone been to divi village lately?????

We owners have a web site at Divitimeshareowners : Divi Time Share owners - An information source for Divi Timeshare Owners
You might want to post some questions there also.
Old Thursday, December 17th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road
Default Re: anyone been to divi village lately?????

wow, good to hear SOMETHING is happening re renovations. we own in bldg.b and really need some updates. otherwise, I love this resort. they're just so slow about the upgrades. we didn't even have an ice machine for 3 years running! finally got a new one last year. prior to that, they were filling a cooler with ice from the restaurant claiming for 3 years that they were waiting for part to repair the old one. we are going in March and look forward to reporting on the model mentioned.