Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Tuesday, July 20th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Aruba Expert

lizzardo is on a distinguished road
Default New Grocery store opened in Noord/PB

FUI Kong shopping center opens
Under massive interest publicly Kong FUI Shopping Center in Palm Beach, North, opened yesterday afternoon. Owners Ji Fang, Feng Jiao Li and their children and Errol Xia Ru Henriquez and Yuetao Huihua and made the opening a big party.

Note: This is the huge store across from the Valero gas station on the road where the Wendy's & McDs is heading towards Noord
Old Tuesday, July 20th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Aruba Expert

Chip is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Grocery store opened in Noord/PB

It sounds like it might be across the street from Bingos? Closer to the high-rise area than Ling's. I hope it's just as good.
Old Tuesday, July 20th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Aruba Expert

lizzardo is on a distinguished road

Yup - Valero station is right next store to Bingos. The place is
HUGE!!! Not sure if the pricing will be higher due to it's closeness
to the hotels (and what they must have spend to build it!)
Old Tuesday, July 20th, 2010, 05:01 PM

LearJet9 is on a distinguished road

Is it bigger than Ling & Son? I'm having trouble remembering where Bingo's is? Near the round about across from The Aruban??
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, July 20th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

no, it's not near the aruban. do you know where wacky wahoo is or linda's pancakes? bingo is in the same center as linda's and wacky is down and across the street from both of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearJet9 View Post
Is it bigger than Ling & Son? I'm having trouble remembering where Bingo's is? Near the round about across from The Aruban??
Old Wednesday, July 21st, 2010, 02:29 PM

Ahhh, now I know where it is! Thanks Sherry..

Bill
Old Wednesday, July 21st, 2010, 02:32 PM

Our arraingements are near finalized for a cpl of weeks in Feb... Bringing ALL of the kids (5) this time so we will definately need the grocery store!! Won't be far from us either, we'll be at the Surf Club.
Bill & Donna
Old Saturday, July 24th, 2010, 09:02 PM

Horseshoe is on a distinguished road

Hi:

Back on the Site; after forgetting my password.

I hate to throw cold water on the new grocery store which just opened; but, after visiting it; and then making a trip to the old standby, "Ling & Sons," there is absolutely no comparison...remember, this is just my opinion.

We purchased many items for cooking in our room to save monies; and the produce; variety of items; and over-all setup at "Ling & Sons," was outstanding and there is no comparison between two grocery stores.

Others may disagree with me; but as I always remember, "Different strokes for different folks.:

Hope everyone is having an absolutely wonderful summer. The most enjoyable part of it ended after my recent two weeks back to "Paradise," aka "One Happy Island.

Horseshoe
Old Saturday, July 24th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Administrator

welcome home.

personally, i love lings and will probably stay there for now. maybe i will investigate the other one but my shopping time will be limited because i have better plans, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseshoe View Post
Hi:

Back on the Site; after forgetting my password.

I hate to throw cold water on the new grocery store which just opened; but, after visiting it; and then making a trip to the old standby, "Ling & Sons," there is absolutely no comparison...remember, this is just my opinion.

We purchased many items for cooking in our room to save monies; and the produce; variety of items; and over-all setup at "Ling & Sons," was outstanding and there is no comparison between two grocery stores.

Others may disagree with me; but as I always remember, "Different strokes for different folks.:

Hope everyone is having an absolutely wonderful summer. The most enjoyable part of it ended after my recent two weeks back to "Paradise," aka "One Happy Island.

Horseshoe
Old Monday, July 26th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road

Sherry, I'm SURE you will have better things to do. I forgot how long you're are going for this year? If time is at all limited, definitely go with what you know best. If the new place is still there in March, I will probably check it out. Just to see how it compares to others.
Old Monday, July 26th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Administrator

two weeks in aruba but my thing is i totally hate shopping of any type. when i say i have better things to do i mean that housework (and i do hate it) is preferable, lol. i go to the grocery because i need to. i do no other shopping in aruba unless forced. so lings it is because i know the layout and can run thru it quickly. two trips there over the two weeks and no other shopping is the way i try to plan it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roschone View Post
Sherry, I'm SURE you will have better things to do. I forgot how long you're are going for this year? If time is at all limited, definitely go with what you know best. If the new place is still there in March, I will probably check it out. Just to see how it compares to others.
Old Monday, July 26th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: New Grocery store opened in Noord/PB

I can totally relate to this, sherry! The only time I've ever done other shopping is if there's (heaven forbid) an entire day of rain, and even at that, not happily.

I must admit that my first Ling's trip is fun... and since I'm a creature of habit, it's part of the start of vacation. That being said, I hate having to sweat while schlepping the stuff to my unit, and putting it away.
Old Monday, July 26th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
I can totally relate to this, sherry! The only time I've ever done other shopping is if there's (heaven forbid) an entire day of rain, and even at that, not happily.

I must admit that my first Ling's trip is fun... and since I'm a creature of habit, it's part of the start of vacation. That being said, I hate having to sweat while schlepping the stuff to my unit, and putting it away.

I totally agree with you both. Although I hate shopping of any kind (and schlepping and putting everything away is the pits), if I HAVE to shop I prefer grocery shopping over all other kinds. You are right Elaine, that first trip to Ling's is the habitual start of our vacation, and I actually don't mind that trip. Our problem is that with 6 of us sharing a car, and all of us coming in on different days, we are usually saddled with more than 1 trip especially that first week. I would stay behind, but that would leave hubby driving everyone else by himself since he's the one who rents the car. He's a nice guy, EXCEPT when it comes to shopping. S-H-O-P - It's the most vulgar 4-letter word in his vocabulary (and perhaps mine too). We were way too cramped last year with me and Amy usually stuck all the way back in the SUV. But then again, it was Frank's idea to get an SUV instead of a van (remember he wanted to go off-roading!) We are thinking of tactfully suggesting that we get 2 cars next year, which would give us all some room as well as not having to be a part of every single grocery store run. Even if someone says "oh, I'll be quick, I just need a couple of things", it turns into the 3-hour tour. Just need to figure out a nice way to bring it up - don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. It would also cost us all more $$$. I absolutely hated our car situation last year but as usual, sucked it up and kept my mouth shut. We've been doing it this way for over 18 years, but for some reason last year I didn't have the patience for it. Well, I'm sure we'll figure something out.
Old Monday, July 26th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Almost Aruban

ruba4ever is on a distinguished road

Ro....don't know if this is a good suggestion for you and your group...but what if you signed 2 drivers for the car? That way it wouldn't fall on one person all the time. Just an idea.
As far as shopping....mostly Lings...other than that....now that Gandleman's is in the Marriott Stellaris and my friend Carmen works there..I don't have to go to town to see her. Other than that....unless we go downtown for something else I don't make a special trip to shop either.
ruba

Old Tuesday, July 27th, 2010, 01:52 AM

john is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: New Grocery store opened in Noord/PB

Ok, has anyone actually shopped at this new store? Priorities are Balashi and vodka. Ling's has a case of Balashi 11 0z for $32. Any better at the new store?
Old Tuesday, July 27th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Aruba Expert

Chip is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
Ok, has anyone actually shopped at this new store? Priorities are Balashi and vodka. Ling's has a case of Balashi 11 0z for $32. Any better at the new store?
Great minds...... yep, Balashi and Grey Goose price comparisons would be greatly appreciated, take your time, we'll be back in October.