Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Divi Village Beach and Golf Resort

Divi Village Beach and Golf Resort This Forum is for Divi Village Beach and Golf Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Thursday, March 11th, 2010, 04:56 PM

john is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba renovations assessment

when we visited in jan-feb we went to owners meeting and were shown pics of what the new renovations would look like, very nice. we asked if there was going to be a special assessment for this. we were told absolutely not. well, guess what? got our renovations assessment in the mail today-$283-$383 depending on what size you have, and for two years. the only good thing is we have 1 week in A building and that is to get done first. this is the down side to owning multiple weeks
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, March 17th, 2010, 08:08 AM

dvaruba is on a distinguished road
Default Re: renovations assessment

I'm sure everyone has received their letter from Divi about the remodel of units in Buildings A thru D. Any comments?????
It's been a long time in the works. Think it will really happen this time?
Old Wednesday, March 17th, 2010, 01:05 PM

john is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: renovations assessment

i think it will happen, although i question the timetable. never have seen any project go on time in aruba. what bugs me is what have they done with the millions they have received in maintenance fees for all these years. divi has been sold out for years. where did all that money go?
Old Friday, April 9th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road

Yeah, we all got our assessment letter. Funny they didn't mention THAT at the member's meeting. I did have a chance to go into the model unit, and it is nice. It's not my style - a little modern for me - but it was very nice. There were a few issues - well one major one. The door on the microwave doesn't clear the wall - so you couldn't open it more than about a 1/3 of the way or else you scraped part of the wall off. You could see chunks of wall on the stove. Hopefully they don't make that mistake in all the rooms, but well let's just say Divi doesn't have the best reputation for fixing things right. The people staying in there were nice enough to let us come in as we were staying a couple of rooms down. We weren't in there very long, but it was pretty nicely done. Full table, large sink, beautiful counters, new patio furniture, sliding glass doors on the closet. Like I said, not my style, but nice and new. Long overdue.
Old Monday, April 19th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Aruba Expert

Sooo, did everyone get their bill?
Old Tuesday, April 20th, 2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roschone View Post
Sooo, did everyone get their bill?
This is the stupidest thing I have ever received from NC. I got my bill for 2011 yesterday and my 2010 bill isn't even due until June2010. Kind of makes you think that "it's all about the money"
Old Tuesday, April 20th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

dv, at costa linda we have to pay ahead. our 2010 maintenance was due by october 31,2009. are you sure that isn't the way yours works? most timeshares expect you to pay before the first of the year the fee is due for. otherwise, people come, use their week and then stop paying or delay payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvaruba View Post
This is the stupidest thing I have ever received from NC. I got my bill for 2011 yesterday and my 2010 bill isn't even due until June2010. Kind of makes you think that "it's all about the money"
Old Tuesday, April 20th, 2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
dv, at costa linda we have to pay ahead. our 2010 maintenance was due by october 31,2009. are you sure that isn't the way yours works? most timeshares expect you to pay before the first of the year the fee is due for. otherwise, people come, use their week and then stop paying or delay payment.

For all the years that we have been going to Divi Village, we get our bill 8-10months before our owned week. It has to be paid 6 months prior to travel. It has always been this way and we have never been informed of any changes. In fact, the payment sheet date that came along with it says due by June2011 for travel in Dec2011. That is the way it is for owned specified weeks at Divi Village. I know they have different types of contracts, but this is how ours is.
Old Tuesday, April 20th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

yeah, they do sound a little money hungry to send it now. that really is crazy.

Quote:
For all the years that we have been going to Divi Village, we get our bill 8-10months before our owned week. It has to be paid 6 months prior to travel. It has always been this way and we have never been informed of any changes. In fact, the payment sheet date that came along with it says due by June2011 for travel in Dec2011. That is the way it is for owned specified weeks at Divi Village. I know they have different types of contracts, but this is how ours is.
Old Tuesday, April 20th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Aruba Expert

I have a friend who owns 2 weeks, with 2 different contracts. One of them is RCI Points, and she has to pay for that 1 year in advance. The other is due 6 moths before the contracted week. I have 2 weeks of the latter. I just don't ever remember getting a bill this early. Perhaps it has something to do with all the extra information about the renovation assessment? Or maybe they figure we need the extra time to absorb that higher bill.....lol
Old Wednesday, April 21st, 2010, 08:00 AM

Am I reading this letter right? Does it say that if you do not want to participate in the renovations they will buy your contract back for a total price of $1,000? Does anyone belong to the Divi Vacation Club? Couldn't quite figure that one out. I know they have sold all different types of contracts over the years. Any input on which anyone thinks is the best type of contract? Ya, the first one, don't go, don't pay....lol
Old Wednesday, April 21st, 2010, 05:18 PM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
Am I reading this letter right? Does it say that if you do not want to participate in the renovations they will buy your contract back for a total price of $1,000? Does anyone belong to the Divi Vacation Club? Couldn't quite figure that one out. I know they have sold all different types of contracts over the years. Any input on which anyone thinks is the best type of contract? Ya, the first one, don't go, don't pay....lol

Yes, we have that first contract - don't go, don't pay. And we have never taken advantage of it because we always go. So, so much for that. I have a similar contract for our 2nd week, but without the no go no pay clause. I'm not crazy about the RCI points contract or the floating week thing either. But that could just be because they confuse the hell out of me (not a hard thing to do). I like knowing when we're going every year and exactly what room we'll be in. All I wanna have to do is pay the bill, and go. But that's just me.

And what on earth can they be thinking at Divi offering a measly $1000 for our contracts? At first I thought it must be my eyes. But no. Are they KIDDING? Jesus, all they need is a gun and mask!!!!
Old Thursday, April 22nd, 2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roschone View Post
Yes, we have that first contract - don't go, don't pay. And we have never taken advantage of it because we always go. So, so much for that. I have a similar contract for our 2nd week, but without the no go no pay clause. I'm not crazy about the RCI points contract or the floating week thing either. But that could just be because they confuse the hell out of me (not a hard thing to do). I like knowing when we're going every year and exactly what room we'll be in. All I wanna have to do is pay the bill, and go. But that's just me.

And what on earth can they be thinking at Divi offering a measly $1000 for our contracts? At first I thought it must be my eyes. But no. Are they KIDDING? Jesus, all they need is a gun and mask!!!!

I'm with you. I like to know when we are going each year (same time/same room). Don't like the idea of Divi telling me when I can and cannot go. I just went to the Divi Website and it says bills are sent out in April of the previous year of travel......that's new!!, and has never happened in the past. Change the rules as we go along, but still not due until 6 months before travel. Do they think we will forget about it??
Old Thursday, April 22nd, 2010, 11:52 AM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
I'm with you. I like to know when we are going each year (same time/same room). Don't like the idea of Divi telling me when I can and cannot go. I just went to the Divi Website and it says bills are sent out in April of the previous year of travel......that's new!!, and has never happened in the past. Change the rules as we go along, but still not due until 6 months before travel. Do they think we will forget about it??

My problem certainly won't be forgetting about it, but I wouldn't put it past me to lose it by then... Maybe it's a setup LOL