Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Divi Phoenix Resort

Divi Phoenix Resort This Forum is for Divi Phoenix Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Wednesday, May 10th, 2006, 02:26 PM

Casey is on a distinguished road
Default Phoenix

Hi folks,
I work at the Divi Phoenix, so for any definitive answers regarding the new construction or anything else I may be able to help with, you can email me at:
gabrielc@megaresorts.com

Have a great day!!
-Casey
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, May 11th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Phoenix

hi casey, welcome to the board. i am sure you will be a great asset to us. i hope to meet you on 10 august when i check in at the phoenix for eight nights. say hi to yolanda for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey
Hi folks,
I work at the Divi Phoenix, so for any definitive answers regarding the new construction or anything else I may be able to help with, you can email me at:
gabrielc@megaresorts.com

Have a great day!!
-Casey
Old Saturday, September 9th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Aruba Expert

droykelly is on a distinguished road

What's going on at the Phoenix? Anything good happening? Bad? Is there anything of interest taking place? I know it's smaller (for a little while longer anyway) than most of the other timeshares, but I'm not seeing much of anything about the place on the board. Can't decide whether that's a good thing or not...................

I will not sit on the porch and watch life go by without participating!
Old Saturday, September 9th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

we were there a few weeks ago. they actually built up a large mound of earth behind the wall blocking off the highway for most of one day. that was the most progress i have seen since the word went out on the new section. if and when the section is done it will be better than anything on the island for many reasons. marriott may match it for room size or such but the best reason is the beach. they will be extending just about up to the police substation. they will put up at least as many palapas as they have on the older section. as before, no one will ever have to battle for a palapa or shade and the beach itself is perfect and well kept.

i do hope that at that point they will finally do the very severely needed renovations in the high rise. i love that old building and the view it affords of the beach and bird sanctuary but i sure know it needs some new things like elevators that go up and down on demand, hahahahah.

if you read my trip report it tells about our experiences this time at the phoenix. despite the shortcomings in the high rise, we have found we still love the place even though we are not even owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droykelly View Post
What's going on at the Phoenix? Anything good happening? Bad? Is there anything of interest taking place? I know it's smaller (for a little while longer anyway) than most of the other timeshares, but I'm not seeing much of anything about the place on the board. Can't decide whether that's a good thing or not...................
Old Saturday, September 9th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Aruba Expert

droykelly is on a distinguished road

Thanks Sherry!

Of course I read your trip report....... those reports are about the only thing that keep me going while I wait to go back again. We have the same love/hate relationship with the tower, it's elevators, the square toilets & the darn WiFi! I expected it to be functioning last year and was, of course disappointed. I ended up @ the Internet Cafe every couple of days. The set up in the rooms didn't work, and even if it did, I want to use my own equipment and not tie up the television in the main room. It seems a bit unfair to send my husband to watch TV in the bedroom so I can get online to check my email.

One of my concerns has been the beach area and you answered that for me. I wondered if they were going to be using the area beyond the jetty. It makes sense, but I was afraid we were all going to squeeze onto what we currently use!

We're still two months away and it can't get here soon enough for me! Thanks for the info............d

I will not sit on the porch and watch life go by without participating!