Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Divi Phoenix Resort

Divi Phoenix Resort This Forum is for Divi Phoenix Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Monday, February 19th, 2007, 04:21 PM

lemarier is on a distinguished road
Default need one night

We will be arriving at the Phoenix next year but were only able to get our air to arrive the night prior to "our week" - will arrive in Aruba at 8:30 p.m. so we most likely won't get to the Phoenix until 10:00 p.m. I am wondering what would be the best way to get the extra night - Does the Phoenix offer a decent rate to "owners" - should I book directly through the Phoenix or possibly RCI? I really hate to spend much for the few hours we need.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, February 25th, 2007, 11:11 AM

leftyjy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: need one night

Hi, Definitely try to book the extra night directly thru the Phoenix first. We do it all the time, arrive on Friday for a normal Saturday-Saturday timeshare. I think we paid about $145 (including all the add-ons....taxes, fees,) for a Studio with a queen size bed. It's great because you get to avoid all the crazy check-in confusion. You didn't say what month you'll be going there. The rate changes according to the popularity of the resort seasons. I suggest you head to your local convenience store and pick up an international phone card for $5. Most phone cards will allow you about 30-35 minutes for the $5. If you call using your own home phone expect that call to cost about $15! Make sure the phone cards includes the Caribbean. Call the resort directly and ask for Sheryl D. She is a true sweetheart. Be prepared to make the reservation at that time using your credit card. Then sit back and relax.
Old Sunday, February 25th, 2007, 11:20 AM

leftyjy is on a distinguished road

Hi, again, Let me straighten out some possible confusion. If you call Aruba directly on your home phone for even a few minutes, expect that call to cost about $15. However, if you use an international phone card which costs $5, then, that same (or longer) call will only cost the price of the phone card. Plus, you'll still have some extra, leftover minutes to call somewhere else down there.....should the Phoenix not have a unit for the night you want. Several other resorts offer 'one-nighters' for just that purpose. Try Aruba-bb.com. They have a large rental listing.
Old Wednesday, February 28th, 2007, 01:49 PM

lemarier is on a distinguished road

Thanks foryour info - I will check it out