Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Divi Phoenix Resort

Divi Phoenix Resort This Forum is for Divi Phoenix Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Thursday, June 1st, 2006, 11:59 AM

divirose is on a distinguished road
Default Divi does not own the Phoenix

I was at the Phoenix for 12 days (May 13-25). Construction has definitely begun on the new units. While I was at my update with Rosie in the Sales Office she confirmed that the Phoenix is not owned by Divi nor are the new units that are being built. The owner who she said no one knows the name other than they are a bank in Chicago. This owner/company/bank will also own the new units. Divi only runs the resort.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, June 1st, 2006, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Divi does not own the Phoenix

I tried to post this message 3 times on the divitimeshareowners website and it was blocked each time!!!!!
Old Thursday, June 1st, 2006, 12:51 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

shame on them. we will not block it here. we do honesty on this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divirose
I tried to post this message 3 times on the divitimeshareowners website and it was blocked each time!!!!!
Old Monday, June 12th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Aruba Expert

charlescroes is on a distinguished road

Hi there DIVIROSE,
I will try to comment on this as best I can.

The actual owners of the Phoneix are indeed a financial group that is headed by a gentleman named Mr. Brad Whitmore. He took over all of DIVI and put it into the shape it is in today. This initself is a good thing.

Soooo.. Yes the resort falls under the DIVI group and Yes it is owned by a gentleman named Brad Whitmore that owns a financial group.

This information is not new - unless something very recent has happened.
Charles

Quote:
I was at the Phoenix for 12 days (May 13-25). Construction has definitely begun on the new units. While I was at my update with Rosie in the Sales Office she confirmed that the Phoenix is not owned by Divi nor are the new units that are being built. The owner who she said no one knows the name other than they are a bank in Chicago. This owner/company/bank will also own the new units. Divi only runs the resort.
Old Monday, June 12th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Aruba Expert

charlescroes is on a distinguished road

That sure is funny, I saw your posting all three times. HMMM perhaps your computer screen is angry at the Phoenix folks about something and is trying to get back at either you or at the Phoenix about something trite.

The Phoenix resort (much like the name implies) has risen out of the ashes and has turned itself into a rather nice place to be. It will only get better and is in an area where it isn't part of the hustle and bustle yet is there in the midst of things anyway. Good resort under good management (Astrid Muller - formerly ran Costa Linda and did a fabulous job) with progressive direction in the hands of Alex Niewmeyer (the man behind Divi Links) and owned by folks with vision (albeit financial guys).

Get a new screen kiddo and enjoy the view of the Phoenix.

Be well and don't let anyone tell you tall tales. The taller they get the shorter the vision of the person behind them

charles

Quote:
Old Monday, June 12th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Administrator

charles, last year i rented at the phoenix. i happened to write them and astrid answered. once i knew she was there i was thrilled. she ran a tight ship at costa linda and i could see the differences at the phoenix after she took over. they have a wonderful staff now. some of the best people on the island. if i was one of the rich, my next timeshare would be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlescroes
That sure is funny, I saw your posting all three times. HMMM perhaps your computer screen is angry at the Phoenix folks about something and is trying to get back at either you or at the Phoenix about something trite.

The Phoenix resort (much like the name implies) has risen out of the ashes and has turned itself into a rather nice place to be. It will only get better and is in an area where it isn't part of the hustle and bustle yet is there in the midst of things anyway. Good resort under good management (Astrid Muller - formerly ran Costa Linda and did a fabulous job) with progressive direction in the hands of Alex Niewmeyer (the man behind Divi Links) and owned by folks with vision (albeit financial guys).

Get a new screen kiddo and enjoy the view of the Phoenix.

Be well and don't let anyone tell you tall tales. The taller they get the shorter the vision of the person behind them

charles
Old Wednesday, January 10th, 2007, 09:25 PM

leftyjy is on a distinguished road

Hi, Sherry, I just read your post where you said something like 'if I was one of the rich'...... Well, back in early 2005 I was browsing eBay (I'm a long established seller with over 4,000 feedbacks) looking at Aruba stuff, anyway, I came across a listing for a 1 bedroom 14th floor timeshare with 36 weeks left. About 5 minutes before that lot closed I took another look and there were still no bids. Bottom line: I bought it for $3,000. I did the same thing about 4 months later when I picked up an 11th floor studio for $2,100. Week 40 and 41. We had to RCI bank them in 2005 but we used them in '06. Very, very nice. Calm water, quiet beach, nice little pools, quiet people, very comfy rooms with outstanding views. We had breakfast and a few dinners on our balcony. We cannot wait to go back. I'm not rich, just patient.
Old Wednesday, January 10th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Administrator

hmmmmm, i am a long established buyer, lol. however, timeshares are not part of my purchases. the studio at the phoenix in the high rise surprised me with its size. they are really nice units and the view from the upper floors is amazing. the one bedroom is amazing because of the views. sunrise and sunset from the unit. what more can you ask for?

you'll have to give me a link to your ebay items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyjy View Post
Hi, Sherry, I just read your post where you said something like 'if I was one of the rich'...... Well, back in early 2005 I was browsing eBay (I'm a long established seller with over 4,000 feedbacks) looking at Aruba stuff, anyway, I came across a listing for a 1 bedroom 14th floor timeshare with 36 weeks left. About 5 minutes before that lot closed I took another look and there were still no bids. Bottom line: I bought it for $3,000. I did the same thing about 4 months later when I picked up an 11th floor studio for $2,100. Week 40 and 41. We had to RCI bank them in 2005 but we used them in '06. Very, very nice. Calm water, quiet beach, nice little pools, quiet people, very comfy rooms with outstanding views. We had breakfast and a few dinners on our balcony. We cannot wait to go back. I'm not rich, just patient.
Old Saturday, January 13th, 2007, 08:35 AM

GrayFal is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: Divi does not own the Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyjy View Post
It pays to be patient.....looking to buy at the Phoenix, also.
I am in Aruba now - it is a beautiful property and even with the new units, the beach should not be crowded.
Old Monday, January 22nd, 2007, 10:09 PM

Arubasun is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: Divi does not own the Phoenix

I first purchsed here back in 1999 after coming here 3-4 times.. We (3 cples) were staying at the windhym and got the pitch to come and look at the Phoenix..We all ended up buying week 17 and couldn't have made a better choice. Every morning I walk by that loooooong line waiting to get a palapa on the combat beach at the Windhym and thank god I don't have to put up with that.. No crowds no hassles, just us friends and our blenders.(If your down there anytime between wk 16-18, listen for the hum and say hi)
As for the posting for a TS.. I originally bought in 1999.. I just purchsed a resale for very very short money..under $3000.. wk18.. Another one of our cples got wk 16 on a resale for under $2000. I took time but the wait was well worth it..I would just tell you to Google timeshare resales and check all the sites.. You can get some great bargains..
Looking forward to April/May
Old Wednesday, June 13th, 2007, 06:57 AM

Not much progress with the construction at the Phoenix. What was supposed to be a one phase and done by 2007 has turned into a four phase project. The first phase is supposed to be done sometime in 2008. At the rate they are moving I doubt it.