Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Divi Phoenix Resort

Divi Phoenix Resort This Forum is for Divi Phoenix Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Friday, March 27th, 2009, 11:18 AM

Badney is on a distinguished road
Question 3 Bedroom Penthouse Questions

Hello! I am new to the board. My family and I are visiting the resort next January and staying in a 3 bedroom penthouse. We are VERY excited!

My question is: What does a 3 bedroom look like?! We have hunted for room descriptions or even a room layout, but no luck. I saw a listing for a unit for sale and it noted the unit was on both the 7th and 8th floor, is that correct? How many beds in each of the rooms? Approximately how big (square footage-wise) is the unit? Are there two verandas? By having this type of unit, are you guaranteed an oceanview?

Also, I read there is a waterslide - any pics on that or any description? Is it small (i.e. tame) or big (i.e. scary fun!)?

Thank you so much for any help you can provide!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, March 29th, 2009, 05:05 PM

JohnL is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3 Bedroom Penthouse Questions

Hi Badney:

I stayed in a 3 BR Penthouse in January, 2009. NICE! Beds are kings and queens, no singles. Pull out couch in LR. There are 2 verandas, although they are small- you can't seat 6 people on them.

About 1350 sq feet of living space on 2 floors (7 & 8)- plenty. All BR's are on 8th floor. There is a spiral staircase inside from 7 to 8 and getting your suitcases up those stairs is quite an experience. But they are nice and you do have an ocean view- a nice one. Hopefully, things will be good in January- we'll be back for the last 2 weeks in January 2010 in a 2 BR Penthouse on 7th & 8th floors in Building B.

There was no waterslide in at the pool when I was there and have not heard about it.

See you then,
Old Monday, March 30th, 2009, 06:57 PM

Thank you so much for the info, John. We are there Jan 23-30 - so we will see you around the pool!
Old Wednesday, April 1st, 2009, 01:54 PM
Aruba Expert

PhoenixGirl is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: 3 Bedroom Penthouse Questions

I have never heard anything about a water slide at the Phoenix. Where did you hear that???
Old Thursday, April 2nd, 2009, 12:08 AM

I saw the info on the waterslide on their website, on the new construction page Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort :

"Total resort facilities include two tennis courts, free form pool with swim-up bar, waterslide, and large Jacuzzi; a new open-air grill restaurant with lounge and entertainment, beachside water sports center, and fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment."
Old Thursday, April 2nd, 2009, 08:23 AM

Rich216 is on a distinguished road

I also had seen a large colorful watersilde on one of the sites, and thought it may have been there as well......no waterlide. The jacazzi will be large in size, although it is not yet constructed. I've just returned....will post updated detailed info, and and photos re/ my construction thread later tonight.
Old Wednesday, May 20th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Aruba Expert

The only water slide I know of is at the Infinity pool at Divi Golf Links. The two tennis courts are at Divi Village. Somehow Divi thinks it is OK to advertise all of these different (albeit Divi) resorts as one big resort because everybody can use the fitness facility at the Phoenix and both Druif beach at the Tam and Palm beach at the Phoenix. It's all true, but it is misleading if you've never been there before and expect it all to be in one place.
Old Thursday, May 21st, 2009, 07:10 PM
Almost Aruban

Liz from N.J. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich216 View Post
I also had seen a large colorful watersilde on one of the sites, and thought it may have been there as well......no waterlide. The jacazzi will be large in size, although it is not yet constructed. I've just returned....will post updated detailed info, and and photos re/ my construction thread later tonight.
The waterslide is at Divi Golf

Old Thursday, May 21st, 2009, 10:28 PM
Aruba Expert

I wrote to comments@divirsorts.com about the reference to the "water slide and tennis courts" in the Phoenix advertising, and I got a reply today saying that it was in the original plan and that both had since been eliminated. They said they would take care of removing it from the website.
Old Friday, May 22nd, 2009, 09:21 AM

Pappy Mentos is on a distinguished road

I, for one, am glad there will not be a water slide at the Phoenix. The one at the Links was overrun with teenagers when we were there last year, many who were wearing AI bracelets.
Old Friday, May 22nd, 2009, 10:36 AM
Aruba Expert

I agree. They don't enforce ANY of the rules that are posted at the Links for the water slide. People go down backwards or head first. They walk UP the slide as people are coming down and they crash into each other. They go down with babies on their laps. Kids get very loud and unruly with no one stopping them. If you call security, they come riding their bicycle about 10 minutes later and the kids stop whatever they're doing until security leaves. AI people from Tam are there all the time wearing their bracelets. A sign's been put up saying that the pool is for Divi Village and Dutch Village guests only, but we all know that signs need to be enforced, and they aren't. sometimes you get a good crowd having fun, but most weeks everybody who belongs there is bothered by people who don't belong there.

I don't know why they make these rules if nobody pays any attention to them. Again I am pleased that there won't be a slide at the Phoenix. It is a laid back, quiet resort and that is why most people bought there.