Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Tuesday, March 12th, 2013, 10:22 PM

WinnipegGlenn is on a distinguished road
Default Say, haven't we met here before? No? I'm sure...oh, never mind

Good evening everyone,

Winter just won't let go, at least not here in Winnipeg. What better way to forget about the snow and cold than to talk about our favourite place, Aruba.

The moderator may wish to move this to another category or keep it right here. Your call.

The subject line might seem weird but it's not really. Here's what this thread is all about.

What's the dumbest, lamest, silliest pick-up line you've ever heard in Aruba? That's the only rule here; you have to have heard it in Aruba.

I mean really; take men, women, add alcohol and let stand under a broiling Aruba sun and voila! The perfect recipe for someone, in their haste to meet someone while on vacation, to act or say something really dumb.

I'm sure everyone has met more than their share of astronauts, brain surgeons and airline pilots who, back home, were actually appliance salesmen, backhoe operators and accountants.

Well, I'll start it off. Many years ago, about 1990 to be exact we were staying at the Talk of The Town. One afternoon we were at the beach across the street. A Dutch woman, mid-20's was sunbathing, European style, and splashing around in the water with her little dog, which only responded to commands in Dutch.

This young lady wreaked havoc on the beach. One older fellow almost castrated himself when he walked into the corner of a picnic table watching this show, while another emptied part of a can of Heineken over his 2 y.o. daughter's head, paying too much attention to her. Me? I've always wondered how to say "Here doggy. Nice doggy" in Dutch.

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you've heard. I just it would be fun. Lines used on you, or on a friend, or just some silliness you heard. And by the way, it's not just not men who are capable of saying something silly.

Take care everyone. Let's keep it rollin'

Glenn

Winnipeg, Canada
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, March 13th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Almost Aruban

donnie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Say, haven't we met here before? No? I'm sure...oh, never mind

Great thread Glenn!

We stay at the Tamarijn and while there we love to go to the pool behind the 2100 block at the Divi Ducth Timeshare. While there one day, our daughter was playing with a girl around her age (5 or 6) and she didn't speak any english. Her mother kept translating for Taylor and we began talking to the little girls mother and found out that she was from Venezuela. She asked how long we have been coming to Aruba and we told her 8 or 9 years she then asked why we didn't go to Venezuela instead and I just blurted out "because we want to live"! Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old Wednesday, March 13th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Say, haven't we met here before? No? I'm sure...oh, never mind

Hmmmmmmmm..... I have to think about this one!!

Many years ago when I went into O'Stad one evening alone, a young Arubian man standing off to the side by the Paddock kept calling me Chocolate Momma, (it was the tan, I think) and babbling about something as he kept smiling. I think he was selling "something," but I wasn't buying, and just laughed, and kept walking. I'm not sured I liked the "Momma" reference 'cause he wasn't THAT young!!

And don't even get me started on men walking down the beach wearing speedos - very LITTLE speedos, who in this lifetime, shouldn't be seen dead in them! AND, they give you that look that says..."I'm all that and more, huh??? lol
Old Wednesday, March 13th, 2013, 08:09 PM

WinnipegGlenn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
Hmmmmmmmm..... I have to think about this one!!

Many years ago when I went into O'Stad one evening alone, a young Arubian man standing off to the side by the Paddock kept calling me Chocolate Momma, (it was the tan, I think) and babbling about something as he kept smiling. I think he was selling "something," but I wasn't buying, and just laughed, and kept walking. I'm not sured I liked the "Momma" reference 'cause he wasn't THAT young!!

And don't even get me started on men walking down the beach wearing speedos - very LITTLE speedos, who in this lifetime, shouldn't be seen dead in them! AND, they give you that look that says..."I'm all that and more, huh??? lol

Hi Elaine,

Good one. And yes, it seems that people who should maybe cover up a bit more want show the world (almost) everything. Oh well, we're all on holidays when we're there.

Glenn
Old Thursday, March 14th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Aruba Expert

Eagle-Beach Boy is on a distinguished road

One year on Eagle Beach two older ladies were topless playing vollyball. We were waiting for one of them to get hurt.

Another time there was younger man in the water trying to get a float. No matter what he tried he kept falling off.

But the strangest thing was having to watch an older man floss his teeth everyday on the beach for hours.

Last edited by Eagle-Beach Boy; Thursday, March 14th, 2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old Thursday, March 14th, 2013, 02:45 PM

Manzanita is on a distinguished road

Love you Canadians! Too bad you aren't in Aruba in Nov & Dec... Follow your posts faithfully ARUBABOY.