Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Tuesday, July 27th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Almost Aruban

elisabeth_nj is on a distinguished road
Default Honeymoon in Aruba

Hi Guys!!! Thought I lost you, somehow all my favorites on my computer dissappeared and couldn't remember the exact website name to get to you all! Phew, gotta love google!

Anyway...we had an exciting event in our lives this past Saturday our oldest daughter got married! What a great time we all had! Still extremely tired!! The wedding was ON THE BEACH here at the Jersey Shore with a heat index of 114! OMG it was hot hot hot! We all planned on going barefoot walking down the "isle" but the sand was way too hot But we got thru it and the newlyweds are going to Aruba on Thursday for thier honeymoon.

They are staying at our Timeshare at LaCabana (well NOT OUR UNIT) and need suggestions for these lovebirds. Francesca has been there with us a few times but her new hubby Sean has not. I thought they should do:

Jeep Tour (I always liked ABC)
Jolly Pirates Sunset Cruise
Maybe the Tatoo or the Kukoo Kanuku (they are in their 20's afterall)
I think i've got the restaurants already selected and of course for the first couple of days all they want to do is R&R.

Can you think of anything else? They will NOT have a car. They are coming over tonight for dinner so I will give them some of my old literature, maps, and print out some webpages for them that I think they might be interested in.

Thanks All...your always the greatest!!!
Elisa
Old Tuesday, July 27th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Honeymoon in Aruba

wow! congrats elisa! how hot and exciting, lol.

i would do one of the 4 hour snorkel cruises such as the octopus or the tranquilo. those are two of the smaller ones so they have more attention paid to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabeth_nj View Post
Hi Guys!!! Thought I lost you, somehow all my favorites on my computer dissappeared and couldn't remember the exact website name to get to you all! Phew, gotta love google!

Anyway...we had an exciting event in our lives this past Saturday our oldest daughter got married! What a great time we all had! Still extremely tired!! The wedding was ON THE BEACH here at the Jersey Shore with a heat index of 114! OMG it was hot hot hot! We all planned on going barefoot walking down the "isle" but the sand was way too hot But we got thru it and the newlyweds are going to Aruba on Thursday for thier honeymoon.

They are staying at our Timeshare at LaCabana (well NOT OUR UNIT) and need suggestions for these lovebirds. Francesca has been there with us a few times but her new hubby Sean has not. I thought they should do:

Jeep Tour (I always liked ABC)
Jolly Pirates Sunset Cruise
Maybe the Tatoo or the Kukoo Kanuku (they are in their 20's afterall)
I think i've got the restaurants already selected and of course for the first couple of days all they want to do is R&R.

Can you think of anything else? They will NOT have a car. They are coming over tonight for dinner so I will give them some of my old literature, maps, and print out some webpages for them that I think they might be interested in.

Thanks All...your always the greatest!!!
Elisa
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, July 27th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Honeymoon in Aruba

elisabeth - welcome back... it's so nice to "see" you, and congratulations!!!

I heard the shore was unbearable this past weekend.

Think you have everything pretty much covered, and I also think the "kids" will fill in their time when the moment hits or if they want to!

Safe travels, and happy honeymooning to the newlyweds!!!
Old Tuesday, July 27th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Almost Aruban

ruba4ever is on a distinguished road

Hi Elisa...so glad you found us...lol. Congrats to the happy couple.
And a honeymoon on Aruba...wonderful. All the things you mentioned there are good choices...my only preference would be the kukoo bus. I'm sure relaxing or chillaxin will be the first priority. Whatever they decide to do I'm sure they will enjoy the beginning of their new lives together. Please give them our best...
ruba

Old Wednesday, July 28th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Almost Aruban

Thank you all! Last night I put the laptop on the patio table and showed them some of the before mentioned things (Jeep tour, kukoo kanuku, jolly pirates, mi dushi, etc.) I took ALL the kids on a private Tranquillo sunset cruise one year and they did have a blast but I think tht might be "too calm" for them. I would love for them to get wild and crazy with rope swinging and all. My mind is racing trying to think of other tips that I would have forgotten last night like the supermarket prices being in Florins, tips added to some bills and some not, reminding her of the "large" room where you need to retreive your luggage and NOT LOSING THE LITTLE WHITE CUSTOMS CARD! These are the things I remembered this morning and quickly wrote her on her facebook page (she working 1/2 day today). I slipped them some money last night to treat themselves to a 'NICE FINE DINING' experience and would love for them to go to MJ's but that's their choice. Also threw in some extra for an excursion(sp). Thanks for the well wishes and I know they will have a blast!!

Lets see if I remember how to get a pic up here of the newlyweds:

P.S. I made the cake!!!
Old Wednesday, July 28th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

you made that cake? omg, it is beautiful as are the bridal couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabeth_nj View Post
Thank you all! Last night I put the laptop on the patio table and showed them some of the before mentioned things (Jeep tour, kukoo kanuku, jolly pirates, mi dushi, etc.) I took ALL the kids on a private Tranquillo sunset cruise one year and they did have a blast but I think tht might be "too calm" for them. I would love for them to get wild and crazy with rope swinging and all. My mind is racing trying to think of other tips that I would have forgotten last night like the supermarket prices being in Florins, tips added to some bills and some not, reminding her of the "large" room where you need to retreive your luggage and NOT LOSING THE LITTLE WHITE CUSTOMS CARD! These are the things I remembered this morning and quickly wrote her on her facebook page (she working 1/2 day today). I slipped them some money last night to treat themselves to a 'NICE FINE DINING' experience and would love for them to go to MJ's but that's their choice. Also threw in some extra for an excursion(sp). Thanks for the well wishes and I know they will have a blast!!

Lets see if I remember how to get a pic up here of the newlyweds:

P.S. I made the cake!!!
Old Thursday, July 29th, 2010, 11:23 AM

PTgirl is on a distinguished road

Hey,

I think you gave the honeymooners really good advice. I would definitely recommend the kukoo kunuku. I have not done the tattoo, but we really enjoyed the party bus. Another nice thing about that is you get to see some of the local bars! We really enjoyed the Mi Dushi sunset cruise (even though it was cloudy and we didn't get a sunset), the rope swing made up for it and that is something they could do together too. The couple we went with went together. As others have mentioned a snorkeling trip would really worth it too. I know they're gonna have a blast no matter what they do!

Old Thursday, July 29th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Aruba Expert

LocaLisa is on a distinguished road

these are all fine suggestions , what do you think of massage treatment for couples? and sunset horseback riding?

congratulations to the couple. nice cake too
Old Friday, July 30th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Almost Aruban

Well they arrived yesterday and first thing she said was "LaCabana is not what it used to be". Don't know what she means by that yet, but i'm sure i'll find out! She's having a very hard time cause she left her baby at home (with other grandma). They already Skyped and all she did was cry! First time away from him in his 2 1/2 years (yes he's that old already). I hope its was just emotions from not sleeping the night before and having to leave here at 2:00 AM to get to JFK for their 6 AM flight!
Thanks for the well wishes and kind words on my beautiful cake I will tell you this...NEVER AGAIN!!!
Old Friday, July 30th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Almost Aruban

Liz from N.J. is on a distinguished road

Hi Elisa - nice to see you back on board. Congrat's to the newlyweds. Too bad I wasn't down at PP beach last weekend. I never saw a wedding on the Jersey Shore. Except for the heat, I'm sure it was a beautiful wedding. Love the cake.
Old Wednesday, August 4th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Almost Aruban

Thanks Liz...you put a huge smile on my face!!

If I remember correctly you usually dont' come down this far right?

Kids are coming home tmr. already! Went fast! They miss their little munchkin anyway!! Thank Goodness for Skype!! Yesterday apparently was not a fun day at LaCabana...they had to shut the water off of the entire resort for the entire day! The kids knew about it before they even got there but apparently it was much longer than expected! Oh well!!! It happens!

This is our son-in-laws first time in Aruba and he already wants to move there!!! Gotta love it!!!
Old Wednesday, August 4th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Aruba Expert

captmorgnsgrl is on a distinguished road

Congratulation to the Newlyweds, and what a great place to spend their honeymoon!

And welcome back to the board...

Old Wednesday, August 4th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road

yeah, a honeymoon in Aruba is the best way to start a marriage for sure. sure worked for us.