Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Saturday, September 29th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Happy Belated Birthday to ruba4ever

Hope you had a wonderful day, and many more healthy and happy ones!! resent:

How was Aruba????
Old Sunday, September 30th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Almost Aruban

Liz from N.J. is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Happy Belated Birthday to ruba4ever

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Yes, tell us about your Aruba trip.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, September 30th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Almost Aruban

ruba4ever is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Happy Belated Birthday to ruba4ever

Hello all,

Sorry I have been so remiss in getting here to say hello and tell you all about our trip. First though, thank you for the birthday wishes. I will start by saying it was very strange being home for my birthday. It is the first time in over 10 years I think. And our anniversary too! Now I know why I like being away for those things...I don't have to work if I am in paradise......lol. Had to work this year. Then we went and did a bit of shopping for the wedding...(which is now less than a week away)...then dinner with my cousin and her husband who were celebrating their anniversary.

Now about Aruba.....it was a wonderful trip....laid back....relaxing, and totally lovely. We had planned to just chill and recharge. And that is exactly what we did. Saw more sunsets this year than we have in a few. Stayed late on the beach and made no plans till we went in. Planned on staying in for dinner a bunch of nights...but it turned into one night....hahaa. But nothing fancy or elaborate. But so nice. Ray's dinner for his birthday was Ruth's Chris...his fav. It was wonderful...we spent that evening with friends. The weather was wonderful....hot, sunny, windy...beautiful. The water was weird a few days though. We would go in in the morning and it would be clear and clean. Later the currents must have changed because the seaweed would start to come in and it would cloud up a bit. But other than that...super.

We met a couple that live just a few towns over from us....small world....and we went deep sea fishing. I found out it was on hubbys bucket list...who knew?? LOL. Anyway....out there in the deep the water was not very kind. For four hours we were tossed around quite a bit. I didn't really want to go on this journey for the fish...I thought it would be a good boat ride.....not so much. I sat on a cooler holding on the whole time. Our butts hurts for 3 days after....lol. We went with Driftwood Charter. Very nice 2 man crew...very nice operation. The best part was when Ray got to sit in the chair and fight a sailfish for about 20 minutes..and then reeled him in. It really is an exciting experience. The fish was beautiful....and quite large. If I can find the picture of it on my computer (was changed from Kodak to shutterfly, and I'm having a bit of an issue keeping track of where they are going) I will post it for you all to see. That was the most energy we expended the whole trip.

Didn't even drink too much this time....I have a dress I have to fit in so I watched myself. So now we are in full wedding mode....and I am exhaused already. Came home on Monday around 12:30 am and went to work Tuesday bright and early. And been going strong ever since.
So this is my little trip report on my 11 days in paradise. We may be skipping Aruba next year to go to Italy. I want to see Italy so bad....but my heart aches when I think I won't be seeing Aruba. But I also know that when we return...she will open her arms wide and welcome us home just like always.
Ayo
ruba

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook