Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Monday, January 26th, 2009, 01:59 AM

lynnen is on a distinguished road
Default Buying Rx Glasses

Has anyone every had their eyeglass Rx filled on the Island? Just went to eye doctor & have new Rx, wondered how prices compare & more importantly accuracy of lens (here at home there are some places I won't go to because their labs don't produce good quality lens.)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Monday, January 26th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Buying Rx Glasses

i don't know the prices but i know people who have lost glasses and had them replaced. they were very pleased with the results. you might want to check into the cost via google and a few emails. i know i am going to be using an aruban dentist for some work. the difference in price for high quality dental work by a state of the art dentist will actually pay for my aruba vacation this year. eye glasses may be a different entity though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnen View Post
Has anyone every had their eyeglass Rx filled on the Island? Just went to eye doctor & have new Rx, wondered how prices compare & more importantly accuracy of lens (here at home there are some places I won't go to because their labs don't produce good quality lens.)
Old Monday, January 26th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Almost Aruban

elisabeth_nj is on a distinguished road

There is a Pearl Vision on the right hand side as your going from town to the high rise area. Its on the 2nd floor of a building BEFORE Hong King if I'm not mistaken! (at least it used to be there, the one by us here in NJ just changed names)
Old Monday, January 26th, 2009, 01:38 PM

sbatjc is on a distinguished road

Lynnen I tried to do the same thing but didnt notice the prices to be that drastically different than the states. I was looking for a designer brand so if that is not what you are looking for then it might be cheaper.

I was actually going to price out lasick eye surgery when I am down there in June. Just curious how that would compare to the states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnen View Post
Old Tuesday, January 27th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Aruba Expert

DiviAruba is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
i know i am going to be using an aruban dentist for some work. the difference in price for high quality dental work by a state of the art dentist will actually pay for my aruba vacation this year. eye glasses may be a different entity though.
That is amazing. I should think about that.

Old Tuesday, January 27th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

aruba has great doctors and dentists. we have visited both thru the years for emergencies. our dental coverage is so bad that we haven't done some of the cosmetic side of things. now we will on this trip. i promise to report in on the progress but of course, you have to wait 6 months. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiviAruba View Post
That is amazing. I should think about that.
Old Tuesday, January 27th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Almost Aruban

seashelldiver is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Buying Rx Glasses

The 6 years I lived in Aruba I had to get glasses one, expensive but good glasses. Had them check on a visit back to Detroit to see my Dad and the Detroit Opthalologist said the eyeglass prescription for my eyes was spot on.....so they know what they are doing in Aruba.

As for the Dentists in Aruba......I had THE BEST female dentist there. I have forgotten her name but have it at home and can supply it to anyone who wants it......(I'm at work right now). She did cosmetic fix ups on me without even charging me. I had an old yellow spot on a tooth left from my teemager days of braces, wires and adhesives....she fixed that one day cause she said she didn't like the discoloration on the tooth, no charge. A stateside Dentist wanted to put a veneer over the tooth for 600.00, she fixed it for free and you can't tell any discoloration was ever there. She was VERY INEXPENSIVE and she always did a great job on my teeth. She is located in Santa Cruz right by Hooiberg. I plan on making an appointment with her in April when I am down there on vacation, she is THAT GOOD !
Old Wednesday, January 28th, 2009, 12:38 AM

lynnen is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the input. I decided to go ahead & order from a place here recommended by a friend so I'd have them before I left. I had looked in 5 different places & none could get them to me in time & they didn't have the selection this place had. The price was great for my Rx, transition lens, no line bifocals, anti reflective, scratch resistant...I ordered yesterday & will have them on Fri & I liked these frames better than any I had seen!
Interested on dentist info, sounds promising!

[/url]