Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba Restaurant Reviews

Aruba Restaurant Reviews For new aruba restaurants reviews or to post a new review click here. To view archived reviews click here.

View Poll Results: How would you rate Le Petit Café?
Poor 9 23.08%
good 8 20.51%
very good 7 17.95%
excellent 14 35.90%
average 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Aruba Expert

susanna is on a distinguished road
Default Le Petit Café

Have you tried "le Petit Café"? We found it to be very good, nice variety, and excellent French Onion soup, made with Gouda cheese. The food stays hot as it comes to the table on a slab of hot stone. The cole slaw is also very tasty.
Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, June 8th, 2005, 08:44 AM

hookedonaruba is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Le Petit Café

LePetit is maybe our favorite Aruba restaurant. We make it a point to eat there usually twice & highly recommend it! Everything about it is wonderful & the steaks are absolutely the best!!!!!!
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, June 10th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Le Petit Café

a big request people...please tell me what you want to add instead of adding it yourself. that way they can all be fairly uniform. just send me a pm and i will add the restaurants. oh, and try to spell them right for me because i can't spell, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonaruba
LePetit is maybe our favorite Aruba restaurant. We make it a point to eat there usually twice & highly recommend it! Everything about it is wonderful & the steaks are absolutely the best!!!!!!
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, June 10th, 2005, 10:15 AM

hookedonaruba is on a distinguished road

Sherry,
I didn't add that. I just gave a review.
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, June 10th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Administrator

oh, i know it wasn't you. it was susanna and she didn't do anything wrong by adding it. it is just that i was about to add it myself and saw that it was there. it reminded me to mention it. as brain dead as i am this week i really should have posted my comment in the general review section but like i said, the brain isn't working. anyone want my headache? i'll give it to them for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonaruba
Sherry,
I didn't add that. I just gave a review.
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, July 8th, 2005, 10:04 AM

remilk is on a distinguished road

We have only eaten breakfast at Le Petite Cafe III at Paradise, the food and the service were very good. We will try dinner at one of the Le Petite Cafe's in August.

Enjoy,
Bob
Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, October 8th, 2005, 06:04 PM

DebbieB is on a distinguished road

We have always liked the one near LaCabana, but did like the old veggies better: they used to have borccoli, squash, plantains; now slaw and potatoes
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, October 25th, 2005, 02:38 PM

Ed in NJ is on a distinguished road

The all you can eat breakfast was a great deal for $8. We also had dinner there and had a wonderful time, although if you have a hearty appetite order the steaks and not the shrimp. 5 shrimp just don't cut it. We really liked cooking our food on the stones. Cooked exactly to our liking.
Ed
Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, October 26th, 2005, 01:10 PM

PSUArch93 is on a distinguished road

This is one of the best places on the island to grab a filet mignon steak dinner. Love the location at the high rise section. Excellent intimate atmosphere. My wife and I tried the downtown location just 3 weeks ago and didn't care too much for the atmosphere. We will always head back to La Petit Cafe on each Aruba trip.
Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, March 26th, 2006, 10:45 AM

mshyflyer is on a distinguished road

We ate dinner there twice last week, the one between La Cabana & Paradise Beach Villas. Food was excellent, loved the idea of cooking your own on the hot stone. Prices also reasonable. We ate outside on the deck both times. Highly recommend
Share with Facebook
Old Monday, March 27th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Aruba Expert

susanna is on a distinguished road

Went there twice in March, once for dinner, once for breakfast. (PBV)
The dinner was very good, but I find it expensive for waht we got. I have since visited other resturants that were just as good, but less expensive.

The breakfast was very good, and at $8, a good deal!

The service is also very quick, and friendly.
Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, July 23rd, 2006, 08:01 AM
Administrator

anyone know if le petit cooks on the stones at lunch time? our newbies were given a gift from their daughter to try the place but have run out of nights to go there.
Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, July 23rd, 2006, 05:08 PM
Aruba Expert

Carol is on a distinguished road

Sherry, try the one in the Royal Plaza Mall in Oranjestad. I'm pretty sure they do the cooking on the stone for lunch.

Share with Facebook
Old Monday, July 24th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Aruba Expert

ScubaBOS is on a distinguished road

I'd say it's good (LPC - Playa Linda). We usually eat there at least once per trip.

My cousin's wife was a little over-whelmed by the concept during our last visit but enjoyed her meal.

Aruba for me
Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, April 26th, 2007, 02:27 PM

Lulabell1972 is on a distinguished road

Hello there everyone!

IMHO the food at Let Petit Cafe is a very best average and a bit on the expensive side. I think there are so many other culinary delights in Aruba that it's just not worth the money.

Regards,
Susan
Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, April 26th, 2007, 10:42 PM

Jimbo Jones is on a distinguished road

We ate there last Thursday night @ the Palm Beach location. They had special posted outside that turned out to be a real bait and switch - Filet Mignon special for $19.99 turned out to be only 6 oz. steak. If you desired something bigger - order off the menu for $27.99.

Here in NJ, there are a few places that offer the "cook your own steak" thing - not much of a novelty to my wife and I.

Food was OK, but I agree with Susan. There are much better choices in Aruba - for example, we loved Mangos at the Amsterdam Manor! Both meals were virtually equal in price - IMHO, Mango's was far superior in both quality and ambiance.
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, April 27th, 2007, 08:05 AM

Jimbo,

Sorry you didn't have the same experience with Le Petit Café that we did. I must say that I wouldn't necessarily consider your experience a "real bait and switch". It sounds like you got what was advertised...a filet for $19.99. If they didn't state the size on the posted special, shame on you for not inquiring on the size before ordering. How does that old saying go..."You only get what you pay for." At $19.99 I would have not expected a very large piece of meat.
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, April 27th, 2007, 04:47 PM

Jimbo Jones is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUArch93 View Post
Jimbo,

Sorry you didn't have the same experience with Le Petit Café that we did. I must say that I wouldn't necessarily consider your experience a "real bait and switch". It sounds like you got what was advertised...a filet for $19.99. If they didn't state the size on the posted special, shame on you for not inquiring on the size before ordering. How does that old saying go..."You only get what you pay for." At $19.99 I would have not expected a very large piece of meat.
What I am saying is that the sign caused us to enter the establishment. Upon inquiring about the "special" (I'm from NYC - I always ask), I was told it was for just a 6 oz. filet - IMHO not much of a "special" at all. My point is that as that is a sub-standard size for a steak, their display is MISLEADING. I do not care for establishments that practice that kind of advertising to get you in the door. Regardless, although our meal was OK, in comparison to every other restaurant we ate at last week, this place was our least favorite and will not be on our list on our next visit to the island.
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, April 27th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Administrator

it's funny, psu's first trip to aruba was with murray and i. we disagreed on le petit then and still do, lol. i felt that my meal was expensive for what i got and i have a thing about cooking my own food and paying to do it. i know it is a favorite for many but it still is one of the last places on my list. one of the few places in aruba where i finished my meal and still needed a snack in the evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo Jones View Post
What I am saying is that the sign caused us to enter the establishment. Upon inquiring about the "special" (I'm from NYC - I always ask), I was told it was for just a 6 oz. filet - IMHO not much of a "special" at all. My point is that as that is a sub-standard size for a steak, their display is MISLEADING. I do not care for establishments that practice that kind of advertising to get you in the door. Regardless, although our meal was OK, in comparison to every other restaurant we ate at last week, this place was our least favorite and will not be on our list on our next visit to the island.
Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, April 29th, 2007, 02:44 PM

lauralyn is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Le Petit Café

One of the first restaurants that my husband and I ate at in 1994 when it was on the back street downtown and very hard to get in for reservations. Since then it has been a tradition for us - much like taking a walk on the beach the last night of our vacation. We absolutely love going there and reliving the last 12 years we have visited Aruba. We have introduced many of our relatives to LePetit and no one has complained. As for costs - we always know what the prices are so we are not surprised. We love the flavor and have to say we rate them as very good.
Share with Facebook
Old Monday, April 30th, 2007, 08:44 AM

Sherry, I see that you are still a very stubborn woman...in a good way I might add! Le Petit Café doesn't deserve some of these negative posts. The majority of the reviews are in my corner.
Share with Facebook
Old Monday, April 30th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Administrator

ah psu, but that's the point. this board gives us the opportunity to made our own minds up. we never complain if someone has a different opinion than we do. we are all entitled. we accept posts from all sides of any argument so they are there for the public to see. therefore, yes it does deserve negative posts because just as you have an opinion so do i and others. the information is now out there and people can read it, decide what they want to do and go there or not. no matter what the issue, you will always find people who have varied opinions. makes life a little more interesting, doesn't it?

think of it this way, there are many people who don't want to cook their own food when on vacation. i am one of them. shouldn't these people have the opportunity to know that it isn't for those people? if several people found it expensive for the quantity or quality people have the right to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUArch93 View Post
Sherry, I see that you are still a very stubborn woman...in a good way I might add! Le Petit Café doesn't deserve some of these negative posts. The majority of the reviews are in my corner.
Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009, 06:46 AM

bhoffdhoff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
it's funny, psu's first trip to aruba was with murray and i. we disagreed on le petit then and still do, lol. i felt that my meal was expensive for what i got and i have a thing about cooking my own food and paying to do it. i know it is a favorite for many but it still is one of the last places on my list. one of the few places in aruba where i finished my meal and still needed a snack in the evening.
I agree, Sherry. We ate there last night. DH is not too keen on cooking his own food. He hates fondue and raclette too. We were also disappointed that there was no drawn butter for his lobster, and no butter and/or sour cream for his baked potato. We kept waiting for the server to come back so we could ask for them, but they never did. DH was very annoyed. I will say, we did not leave one penny more than the 15% that was added to our bill. We are usually very generous tippers.
Share with Facebook