Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Thursday, May 10th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default why would you stay there?

i have always stayed at hotels or timeshares in aruba. i am contemplating staying at one of the small places. i have one picked out and i am not asking for advice if it is a good place or not because i already know that from my local friends, but i am asking...

besides pricing, why would you or wouldn't you stay at one of the little places? i hope to hear from both sides on this.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, May 10th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Almost Aruban

elisabeth_nj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: why would you stay there?

Excellent question Sherry! I seriously researched this one time because I wanted a more serene intimate setting when hubby and I go alone! I think that was my main reason! Never did get to do it due to finances (had to cancel and rent out my t/s too)...but speaking of finances there are some really great ones out there for under 100 a night down in the Malomok area and that's where we were looking so we could still walk everywhere because we don't usually rent a car.

But again...I think its the atmosphere I was going for!
Old Thursday, May 10th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Aruba Expert

JohnJT is on a distinguished road

There have been some fairly recent trip reports where people stayed at apartments and private accommodations at "off the beaten path" locations. Auntie Mame was one. Another couple stayed 5 weeks somewhere off Palm Beach Road.
To me, it just sounds interesting to stay out of the tourist centers...although we are now doing 3 weeks of timeshare each year. I'd like to explore the possibility of staying at an apartment in the winter season (we usually go in September). Long, lazy days of just going to the beach without doing much more sounds attractive.
We did extend our timeshare stay one year at a small studio in Malmok. The location was fine. It was OK, but I think we just would not return to that one.....especially for a longer stay.
Old Thursday, May 10th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Aruba Expert

Eagle-Beach Boy is on a distinguished road

We have also considered staying inland. It would have to have a pool, shade, BBQ, etc. which we have found.
But........ we are so used to "our place", the Amsterdam Manor, we find it hard to make the change. This would include good refigeration, lots of ice for cooler and drinks, location to beaches and groceries, etc.

The cost would be cheaper to rent a house and a lot cheaper to rent an apartment.
BUT......... we have been told by our investor "if you can afford to stay where you like it, why change."

So we will be going back to the A.M. in December.

Old Thursday, May 10th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Almost Aruban

Corrine is on a distinguished road

I agree with Eagle-Boy. I love the familarity of LaCabana. I do not want to change, I dont care about cost. I love the place, that is why we bought a timeshare there. A small quiet place would drive me nuts- I need activities, people-watching, and Happy Hour. (not necessarily in that order!)

Old Thursday, May 10th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Aruba Expert

LynnS is on a distinguished road

We have talked about doing this especially with the changes at the Aruba Grand- sell our timeshare and go to a smaller apt. or house. The reason I am hesitant is- I like to be RIGHT ON the beach. My husband is not one to sit on the beach all day and I am-don't want to have to drive.
Old Thursday, May 10th, 2007, 01:02 PM

carolrd is on a distinguished road

That is one of the reasons I love CPV so much. It is smaller, quiet and relaxing. Being away from the hustle and bustle is just what I need. We go to the beach in the morning, and spend the afternoons poolside, with lunch and drinks. Then its time to clean up for dinner. Ahhh, June can't get here fast enough.
Old Thursday, May 10th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Almost Aruban

seashelldiver is on a distinguished road

I'm going to try and book this house for this fall....Kingpin from the other listing under the "general" tab we have clicked on to get in here, go down one to "where To Stay" for other good ideas.......This house is close to my friends, has it's own pool and full kitchen for 800.00 (USD) a week. For my friend and I it will be perfect, cause thruthfully the jam packed beaches aren't doing it for me anymore.......

http://www.arubaonehappyisland.com/i...gina=4&lang=en
Old Thursday, May 10th, 2007, 04:26 PM

arubabob is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: why would you stay there?

We have checked on staying at Sea Breeze and a few other places like that for a few nights either before or after our timeshare week. We never have for a couple of reasons. 1. We have almost always been able to get a hotel room on the beach for a price that was within $30 a night of what we would have had to pay at the smaller off beach/out of the way location. Last year we were going to do it and had already contacted Sea Breese about availability. The next day I got an endless vacation magazine from RCI and there was an add in it for 4 nights at Divi Golf resort for $345. A no brainer for us. On our 3rd trip to Aruba afrer our timeshare week, we got a 3 night special at Dutch village for $69 a night. Another time we stayed 4 nights at the Hyatt and paid for 2(still exspensive but very nice)because of some special they had going on.
2. There was no availability a couple of times for all the days we needed. We needed 3 or 4 and could only get 1 or 2 of the nights we needed so we stayed where we could get them without having to move again.
I think I would stay in one of the smaller places if I was going to be there for an extended stay(3 weeks or so) but you have to figure more into the cost of staying there than the daily rate.
Old Thursday, May 10th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Aruba Expert

TomFrederick is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: why would you stay there?

>>>> "wouldn't you stay at one of the little places?"
1. Haven't rented a car in years and one might be needed there to get around.
2. Like to be only a few feet from the beach.
3. Would not like to rent or fight to get a hut on the beach.
Old Thursday, May 10th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Aruba Expert

droykelly is on a distinguished road

I like being on the beach and close to the action. But, the most important reason for sticking with a hotel or timeshare is that when I'm on vacation, I want someone else to make the bed, empty the trash, and wash the towels!

I will not sit on the porch and watch life go by without participating!
Old Thursday, May 10th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Almost Aruban

charlierat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by droykelly
I like being on the beach and close to the action. But, the most important reason for sticking with a hotel or timeshare is that when I'm on vacation, I want someone else to make the bed, empty the trash, and wash the towels!
Good point! Real good point!
Old Thursday, May 10th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Aruba Expert

chrisnwillie is on a distinguished road

I was always an advocate for staying at one of these little out of the way places, until this past trip, when my dear friends were robbed, while sleeping between 11pm and 6am. What a horrible time they had dealing with it...they lost jewerly, camera, binoculars, wallets, etc....things that they left out when they came back for the evening....and the police were an absolute joke.

The place they stayed was just up the street inland from Adventure Golf...it was a cute little home with an alarm system....but what they forgot to tell them was the kitchen window wasn't alarmed and that's where they entered from.
Old Thursday, May 10th, 2007, 09:00 PM

andrea j. is on a distinguished road

We too have often said that we'd like to stay at one of the "off the beaten path" apartments (like paradera or sea breeze) but as luck would have it, we tried priceline each time that we considered pre or post timeshare and got a terrific rate ..........and had the benefits of hotel/resort security, daily maid service, renaissance island etc....

to each their own
Old Thursday, May 10th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Aruba Expert

Carol is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
besides pricing, why would you or wouldn't you stay at one of the little places? i hope to hear from both sides on this.
Sherry, if you eliminate pricing, I wouldn't stay at one of these little places. Some reasons are:

1.) I love to be right on the beach. I love to walk out of my room and be able to get right on to the beach. If I forget something, I like making a quick trip back to the room. I also like being able to stay down there until the last minute (they have to pry me off the beach at the end of the day) and be able run up to the room, quickly shower, and be ready to go out. I also like to look at the water from my balcony when having breakfast, and listening to the waves hit the shore when sitting out on the balcony at night.

2.) I'd have to know for sure that they had a good supply of hot water. I only like hot showers, and wouldn't be happy in a place where I couldn't take a hot shower when I wanted. There are so many places in Aruba where they don't have hot water heaters, and the water is only heated by the sun during the day.

3.) As others have said on my vacation I like to be pampered. So I enjoy having the daily maid service as well as the other amenities of a resort.

4.) I'd be concerned with the increased crime on the island. Let's face it, it would be easier to hit one of these smaller places if they know an American tourist is staying there. Years ago they would never have been a concern, but now it is.

Now if you let me bring pricing back into the equation, I would consider it if it would allow me to stay in Aruba longer. To get extra time in Aruba, I could do without staying on the beach, and I could give up the pampering. I could also take the extra precautions to try and make my stay there safer. However, I would definitely have to find a place that did have a hot water heater. That would be a deal breaker for me.

Old Friday, May 11th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Almost Aruban

kevin d is on a distinguished road

I'm becoming a fan of the smaller places. It started when comparing Palm vs Eagle, and now comparing Eagle vs off the path. Crowds suck, both at home and on vaca. I still can't believe it when I see pics of a beach with more people than sand, it just doesn't seem relaxing to me. To me - I understand that all of us have different priorities, especially if single vs couples vs families, etc.

As a single dude who's not afraid of anything, and who always rents a vehicle anyway, I'm almost positive that my next trip will involve staying at a smaller place. I'll find my own beach to swim/snorkel/wallow on, and will use the same towel every evening to shower with. After all, it's clean water I'm drying with it.

To anyone who stays off the path - please make sure you do a trip report, so people like me know what's out there (and what's to be avoided)!
Old Friday, May 11th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Aruba Expert

Arubalisa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFrederick View Post
>>>> "wouldn't you stay at one of the little places?"
1. Haven't rented a car in years and one might be needed there to get around.
2. Like to be only a few feet from the beach.
3. Would not like to rent or fight to get a hut on the beach.
These are the EXACT same reasons my dh gives me for not wanting to do "small, off the beaten path" accommodations.
Old Saturday, May 12th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Almost Aruban

Liz from N.J. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
I agree with Eagle-Boy. I love the familarity of LaCabana. I do not want to change, I dont care about cost. I love the place, that is why we bought a timeshare there. A small quiet place would drive me nuts- I need activities, people-watching, and Happy Hour. (not necessarily in that order!)
Corrine said it all for me. As a New Yorker (don't care if I have lived in NJ for 36 years-I'm still a N.Y.er), I love to people watch and La Cabana is the place to do it. I love going to Cadushi Lounge around 10 pm (start of the 2nd happy hour). There's always fun people there to talk to. When there, I usually close the place at 12:30 am. I would be bored stiff in a small place.
Old Saturday, May 12th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Almost Aruban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz from N.J. View Post
Corrine said it all for me. As a New Yorker (don't care if I have lived in NJ for 36 years-I'm still a N.Y.er), I love to people watch and La Cabana is the place to do it. I love going to Cadushi Lounge around 10 pm (start of the 2nd happy hour). There's always fun people there to talk to. When there, I usually close the place at 12:30 am. I would be bored stiff in a small place.

Absolutely! And I forget that part - there are always friendly people to talk to LaCabana. Plus, I use the owner's rate to rent extra days. Only $105 this year and much better than having to move all our stuff!

Old Saturday, May 12th, 2007, 05:02 PM

Amy B. is on a distinguished road

Sherry - this is a great question and one we recently pondered. We researched staying at a studio-type place off the beaten path. We ended up choosing to rent someone's unit at a smaller timeshare (ABC) instead for several reasons:
1. We love watching the sunset on Eagle Beach each evening
2. For dining options - it's nice not to be forced to cook or drive but rather have the option of walking somewhere
3. It's also great to have a friendly bar in walking distance
4. I love to come back to my room to find the bed made and the room straightened
5. We like to rent a car, so it's nice to know you'll have somewhere to park
6. We like to people-watch - especially somewhere that isn't overcrowded

It is obviously a matter of opinion - just like choosing between Eagle & Palm beach. Personally, I just thought that a place that was more service-oriented would allow me the pampering that I need to really relax.
Old Monday, May 14th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Aruba Expert

Weed is on a distinguished road

After reading earlier (this year) posts about small places near Malmok, I checked out the area by car and by walking up the beach from the Marriott. The beach off Malmok doesn't in ANY way compare to Eagle or Palm beaches. Rocky bottom and seaweed for two reasons; turtle nesting areas for another. The day I had a rental car, I snorkled off Malmok near the area where the boats drop folks in the water. It was good snorkeling earlier in the day (mid-morning), but very cloudy when I went back in late afternoon the day I walked up the beach (right after the Jolly Pirates had departed). I like to stay where I can leave my towels and book on the chair and duck back to the room for a snack or potty break without having to worry about my stuff being taken (of course, I don't leave any valuables in my beach bag). After reading about cars being broken into, I bought a plastic waterproof box on a rope to tie to my swimsuit when I went snorkeling at Malmok, rather than leave money in the car and try to hide the key. I've stayed an extra day before/after my timeshare week by using my owner's discount for the extra night. Well worth the peace of mind!
Old Monday, May 14th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Almost Aruban

Wink Re: why would you stay there?

oops I rmember, they are renovating the Bushiri or hopefully knocking it down and starting over.......LOL
Old Monday, May 14th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Aruba Expert

JohnJT is on a distinguished road

We've been in Aruba every year since 1988. A few years ago, we did make a stop on a cruise. We came to our timeshare and used the facilities for the day. I presume we could do the same if we came and stayed at some apartment/inland facility. Of course, it would require a car to get back and forth.
I know we could do without a car, but we like the convenience. As taxi fares go up, we factor that into the overall cost. If it is going to cost us $18-$19 to get from the airport (and back), that is a part of the weekly cost. This year and in recent years, we have had friends stay with us for part of the time. We can pick them up at the airport and offer them door-to-door service to our timeshare.
Sorry to get off the topic, but I would still like to try an extended stay at an out of the way site in a different season.
Old Wednesday, May 16th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Almost Aruban

This is an interesting thread....and here are my reasons for staying at the small places.....

This past April I stayed at Sasaki Apts. (previously I have stayed at Aruba Beach Villas, Sunset Villas, and Beach Hose Aruba)

My friend and I paid 70.00 per night (35.00 a night p.p. to stay in Aruba....crazy.....!!!)

I love not laying around a ton of Americans on vacation...lord knows I live and work with them 24/7 and love my 14 days away from my fellow countrymen....

I don't care to have a designated beach as I tend to roam from Malmok, to Spaans Lagonweg and onward to Baby Beach.

I love having the barbeque pits for grilling fish that I buy at the marina and chilling by the pool that only has 3 or 4 other people around it at any given time, sometimes my friend and I were the ONLY ones there at the pool which was literally 30 feet from our room.

It is a gated property and we have keys to let us in after 8pm and no one else who doesn't have a key gets in

The owners were 2 of the nicest people you could ask for and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we wanted.

Tons of hot water.......a great little kitchen with a big refrigerator. Very spacious room with 2 beds and a sitting area for meals, huge bathroom.

Daily Maid service and for 10.00 the maid washed all our clothes and dried and folded them and had them on our beds when we returned from that days beach trip.....I estimated it was 3 loads between the 2 of us.......it was great to come home with 80% of our clothes clean and ready to hang back up........

I will be staying there AGAIN in November.......
Old Wednesday, May 16th, 2007, 09:16 AM

sbatjc is on a distinguished road

I think you might have won a couple peope over with that clothes washing thing That would be nice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelldiver View Post
This is an interesting thread....and here are my reasons for staying at the small places.....

This past April I stayed at Sasaki Apts. (previously I have stayed at Aruba Beach Villas, Sunset Villas, and Beach Hose Aruba)

My friend and I paid 70.00 per night (35.00 a night p.p. to stay in Aruba....crazy.....!!!)

I love not laying around a ton of Americans on vacation...lord knows I live and work with them 24/7 and love my 14 days away from my fellow countrymen....

I don't care to have a designated beach as I tend to roam from Malmok, to Spaans Lagonweg and onward to Baby Beach.

I love having the barbeque pits for grilling fish that I buy at the marina and chilling by the pool that only has 3 or 4 other people around it at any given time, sometimes my friend and I were the ONLY ones there at the pool which was literally 30 feet from our room.

It is a gated property and we have keys to let us in after 8pm and no one else who doesn't have a key gets in

The owners were 2 of the nicest people you could ask for and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we wanted.

Tons of hot water.......a great little kitchen with a big refrigerator. Very spacious room with 2 beds and a sitting area for meals, huge bathroom.

Daily Maid service and for 10.00 the maid washed all our clothes and dried and folded them and had them on our beds when we returned from that days beach trip.....I estimated it was 3 loads between the 2 of us.......it was great to come home with 80% of our clothes clean and ready to hang back up........

I will be staying there AGAIN in November.......
Old Wednesday, May 16th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Almost Aruban

Yes, you did Claudia! It sounds like a great place!

Old Wednesday, May 16th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Elaine S is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: why would you stay there?

This is one of those vanilla, chocolate or strawberry deals. I have friends who stayed at Sasaki, and said they'd NEVER stay there again, and they haven't. Their description was unlike Claudia's so I guess it's a matter of each one's experience and/or opinion.

I, personally, because I'm usually solo, wouldn't stay anywhere off the beaten track for a couple reasons... security, being alone, and simply logistics getting where I want to. I love going out of my building at ABC and being right on the beach. That Happy Hour bell ain't bad either!!
Old Wednesday, May 16th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Administrator

you are right elaine... we all have different views on it.

i will be staying at one of the small places on the beach but away from the people. it is supposedly a shorter walk from my room to the beach than it is from my unit at costa linda. we will have the solitude we crave plus a rental car for when we want action. i suppose i will get to tell you about it in 86 days when i arrive there but i absolutely can't wait. plus the 2nd week we will be at cl. i figure it is the best of both worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
This is one of those vanilla, chocolate or strawberry deals. I have friends who stayed at Sasaki, and said they'd NEVER stay there again, and they haven't. Their description was unlike Claudia's so I guess it's a matter of each one's experience and/or opinion.

I, personally, because I'm usually solo, wouldn't stay anywhere off the beaten track for a couple reasons... security, being alone, and simply logistics getting where I want to. I love going out of my building at ABC and being right on the beach. That Happy Hour bell ain't bad either!!
Old Thursday, May 17th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Almost Aruban

ElaineS, when did your friends stay there....Sasaki went thru a buy-sell a couple of years ago and I know previously they weren't all that great (especially the years I was living there) But Natlie's family sold the place, this new husband wife team took it over, painted everything, planted tons of flowers and trees, built a new swimming pool with 2 huge brick grills and the best louge chairs in the WORLD !!! I think the new owners really "get it" ............that is probably the reason for the differnet reviews.......the grounds there and the rooms were absolutely spotless.
Old Thursday, May 17th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Claudia ~ it was a couple years ago, actually.

Quote:
ElaineS, when did your friends stay there....Sasaki went thru a buy-sell a couple of years ago and I know previously they weren't all that great (especially the years I was living there) But Natlie's family sold the place, this new husband wife team took it over, painted everything, planted tons of flowers and trees, built a new swimming pool with 2 huge brick grills and the best louge chairs in the WORLD !!! I think the new owners really "get it" ............that is probably the reason for the differnet reviews.......the grounds there and the rooms were absolutely spotless.
Old Friday, May 18th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Aruba Expert

2hokies is on a distinguished road

So far, we've never stayed at a smaller place, but I think we would like them as well as the crowded resorts. We've only been to Aruba twice, so just being there is enough for us. I think we'd be happy anywhere! We trade our FL timeshare into a larger resort, but if we require extra nights, we'll be sure to check out some of these gems you all are mentioning. Take pics to share!!
Old Friday, May 18th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Almost Aruban

2hokies.....I'll try and post the pics of Sasaki Apts that I took last month, next week. I got to get them uploaded and sent to me by by friend who took all the pics......in the meantine here is the link to about 10-12 of the small apartment style places......they all have pictures of their grounds, rooms and pools. Hope this helps till I get my pics !

http://www.visitaruba.com/wheretostay/apartments/
Old Friday, May 18th, 2007, 01:27 PM

mhg123 is on a distinguished road

Just want to point out that the site for the house quotes prices in euros, so with the exchange rate, the rental is over $1000 for the week...

Quote:
I'm going to try and book this house for this fall....Kingpin from the other listing under the "general" tab we have clicked on to get in here, go down one to "where To Stay" for other good ideas.......This house is close to my friends, has it's own pool and full kitchen for 800.00 (USD) a week. For my friend and I it will be perfect, cause thruthfully the jam packed beaches aren't doing it for me anymore.......

http://www.arubaonehappyisland.com/i...gina=4&lang=en
Old Friday, May 18th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Almost Aruban

mhg123....you might want to check your calculator....600.00 euros on today's market (5/18/07) comes to 809.64 U.S. Dollars. Still a very good rate for a full house with enoght space to sleep 3 or 4 people.
Old Friday, May 18th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Almost Aruban

1 Euro = 1.3519 UDS's.....
Old Friday, May 18th, 2007, 02:04 PM

mhg123 is on a distinguished road

Whoops.... I was looking at the 800 euro rate for 6 people, which is about $1040. 600 euro is indeed a very good rate for 4 people for the week. Hope you enjoy it if you do stay there!

Quote:
mhg123....you might want to check your calculator....600.00 euros on today's market (5/18/07) comes to 809.64 U.S. Dollars. Still a very good rate for a full house with enoght space to sleep 3 or 4 people.
Old Monday, May 21st, 2007, 02:24 PM
Almost Aruban

Pictures from my April 07 trip. Including a couple of the Sasaki pool, grounds, courtyard and barbeque pit....you might wonder why so many of the barbeque pit....well I am having one built like it in my backyard and this way all I have to do is give the pics to my contractor and say "GO FOR IT !!! LOL

C:\Documents and Settings\WILLEMSB\Desktop\HP Photosmart Share.htm
Old Monday, May 21st, 2007, 02:40 PM
Administrator

link didn't work for me

Quote:
Pictures from my April 07 trip. Including a couple of the Sasaki pool, grounds, courtyard and barbeque pit....you might wonder why so many of the barbeque pit....well I am having one built like it in my backyard and this way all I have to do is give the pics to my contractor and say "GO FOR IT !!! LOL

C:\Documents and Settings\WILLEMSB\Desktop\HP Photosmart Share.htm
Old Monday, May 21st, 2007, 03:08 PM
Aruba Expert

Eagle-Beach Boy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
link didn't work for me
I think it will work only if you have access to his computer.

It is not a WEB address.

Old Monday, May 21st, 2007, 03:18 PM
Administrator

yes i did email seashell and let her know that was her problem. she will fix it later and give us a better link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-Beach Boy View Post
I think it will work only if you have access to his computer.

It is not a WEB address.
Old Tuesday, May 22nd, 2007, 04:10 PM
Almost Aruban

http://eshare.hpphoto.com/FilmStripH...1e21531&SKU=HP

Old Tuesday, May 22nd, 2007, 04:13 PM
Almost Aruban

oops I pushed submit reply too quickly, here are my friend's pics of Aruba. (in the post above) She took them last month on our trip. there are a couple pics of the Sasaki grounds....the courtyard, pools and barbeque pits (they have 2) we took alot of pics of the pit cause I have a brick one in my back yard and I want it redone and made larger, so we took the pics to give to the contractor....i thought I'd better say something about it or people would go why the hell did she take so many pics in Aruba of a barbeque pit ????? LOL
Old Tuesday, May 22nd, 2007, 05:07 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

One Happy Island Re: why would you stay there?

Claudia... loved the pictures ~ thanks!!! Are you the one on "island time?"

Quote:
oops I pushed submit reply too quickly, here are my friend's pics of Aruba. (in the post above) She took them last month on our trip. there are a couple pics of the Sasaki grounds....the courtyard, pools and barbeque pits (they have 2) we took alot of pics of the pit cause I have a brick one in my back yard and I want it redone and made larger, so we took the pics to give to the contractor....i thought I'd better say something about it or people would go why the hell did she take so many pics in Aruba of a barbeque pit ????? LOL
Old Wednesday, May 23rd, 2007, 10:53 AM
Almost Aruban

Cool Re: why would you stay there?

ElaineS....no, I'm the rough one behind Julie, mind you that hair had just spent 5 hours on Tranquilo/ and in the ocean for another 1.5 hours....I tried to delete that one pic, but couldn't get it outta there....LOL
Old Wednesday, May 23rd, 2007, 11:05 AM
Almost Aruban

charlierat is on a distinguished road

Really nice pictures, Claudia. I love the pictures of the little bocas along the North shore.
Old Wednesday, May 23rd, 2007, 11:06 AM
Almost Aruban

I have pictures like that too, Claudia, but I delete them from the Kodak Gallery!

Actually, yours looks kinda cute!