Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Friday, January 8th, 2010, 11:44 AM

john is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Watching the snow

Just got up to 6" of snow and 0 wind chill temps. Please, let the next 10 days go fast to we can get out of here (Michigan). Just want to lay by the pool at Divi and consume large amounts of Balashi for 5 weeks.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Friday, January 8th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Watching the snow

I'm with you, John! Snow here this morning, too! Ugh! Schools had a two hour delay so at least the traffic going to work was light... It's freezing!!!!

22 days for me until paradise for 4 weeks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
Just got up to 6" of snow and 0 wind chill temps. Please, let the next 10 days go fast to we can get out of here (Michigan). Just want to lay by the pool at Divi and consume large amounts of Balashi for 5 weeks.
Old Friday, January 8th, 2010, 04:08 PM

iamromo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Watching the snow

The only white "stuff" I want to see is Aruba sand! Shoveled the same Michigan snow this morning. I do have one question - how can you and the other reply spend 4 and 5 weeks there? Millionaires? Retired?
Old Friday, January 8th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Millionaire ~ I wish! Retired ~ I wish that, too. Speaking for myself, I work fulltime, and I've been at my job for 19 years. For the last 15 years I'm the sole source of support for me and my lifestyle.

The first time I went to Aruba, I was invited by my brother and sister in law at a sad, bad time in my life... I found a peace there that I've never felt anywhere else, and knew that I wanted to go back. As the years went by I rented a week or two, and then started to buy my timeshares... now I have 4 weeks.

For me, it's truly my second home, and in that vein, I eat in quite a bit, and just like here at home, treat myself to some very nice nights out. What's the difference if I spend money on groceries here at home where it's bitter cold in the winter or I spend money on groceries in paradise where it's warm and sunny, and I feel happy and content?

Sure, there are maintenance fees and airline ticket costs, but that's the price of having a well deserved break.

Through personal experience, I've learned that life's short, and one doesn't get a second go round in this life. There was a time I believed in "forever," but I no longer do. And, putting off until tomorrow doesn't do it.. there may not be a tomorrow. Anyway, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamromo View Post
The only white "stuff" I want to see is Aruba sand! Shoveled the same Michigan snow this morning. I do have one question - how can you and the other reply spend 4 and 5 weeks there? Millionaires? Retired?
Old Friday, January 8th, 2010, 07:39 PM

iamromo is on a distinguished road

Similar to my philosophy...when I am older and grayer and sitting in my rocking chair, I want to be saying "I'm glad I did" rather than ' I wish I did"...
Old Friday, January 8th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Exactly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamromo View Post
Similar to my philosophy...when I am older and grayer and sitting in my rocking chair, I want to be saying "I'm glad I did" rather than ' I wish I did"...
Old Friday, January 8th, 2010, 09:43 PM

JohnL is on a distinguished road

Hi Elaine:

Thanks for posting to my blog..... man, we're gonna miss each other by a day. Bummer.

I'm not rich either. Just decided, like you, that life is too short and I want 6 weeks in Aruba every year. I do OK enough to make my trips.

Sue and I love it in Aruba. Our kids love Aruba. And you're safer in Aruba than in your hometown in USA. SO I have no qualms.....just dreams about Aruba. My office at home is adorned with Aruban arts and crafts and photos of the island (plus the Aruban calandar) and other Aruban stuff.

I've lost track of the trips we've taken to Aruba, but it must be at least 25 times. Used to drink Balashi..... now Amstel Bright. But I'll always pound down a few Balashi for old time sake.

And the Tranquilo sail never gets boring. 7 days and counting.
Old Friday, January 8th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Hi Elaine:
Thanks for posting to my blog..... man, we're gonna miss each other by a day. Bummer.
It is a bummer, John. I'd love to have met you and Sue. We could have talked PI talk!!!!
Old Saturday, January 9th, 2010, 02:16 PM

john is on a distinguished road

We are not millionaires, but got the retired part covered. Love the 3rd Wed of each month when we got our Soc Sec. Nice that the gov't is repaying our interest free loan. Agree with the idea of enjoying life while we can. We travel alot, but love our Aruba time the best. See about 25-30 couples each year at Divi Village and party the whole time. Life is Good!!
Old Saturday, January 9th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

I kinda like the second Wednesday of each month, too, but when it's time to do my taxes, not sure if I'll like it as much!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
We are not millionaires, but got the retired part covered. Love the 3rd Wed of each month when we got our Soc Sec. Nice that the gov't is repaying our interest free loan. Agree with the idea of enjoying life while we can. We travel alot, but love our Aruba time the best. See about 25-30 couples each year at Divi Village and party the whole time. Life is Good!!
Old Sunday, January 10th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Aruba Expert

ArubaMary is on a distinguished road

John, it is so nice to read your comments. I feel exactly as you. Life is short and however we have to tighten our belts we do so to enjoy the time we have in Aruba. I love the little knick knacks I have from Aruba not to mention my shells. A dear friend sends me an Aruban calendar every year and it is always a prized possession. John, I echo your liking for Amstel Bright and always bring some home (glass bottles wrapped carefully and packed tightly in the checked luggage).